Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 08-17-2005, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

116 - Duck, Duck, Uh-Oh!

Well go on then talk...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 06:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Reward in Campbell duck killing increases to nearly $14,000

from the local rag

POLICE RECEIVING 50-75 TIPS A DAY

By Linda Goldston, Mercury News

The reward fund to find the man who slaughtered 10 ducks at a Campbell car wash has grown to nearly $14,000 and police have three investigators working full-time on the case.

``We're getting 50 to 75 tips a day,'' said Campbell Police Capt. Russ Patterson. ``We're taking it very seriously. We're working as fast as we can.''

The spectacle of a man intentionally driving over the tame ducks at the Delta Queen Classic Car Wash -- and then getting out of his car and killing some with his hands -- has outraged people around the world.

Surveillance cameras captured the 12:30 a.m. crime on videotape, although the tape is not clear enough for police to make out the license plate. It appears to be a vanity plate, and police identified the car as a red Acura Integra, a late-80s or early '90s model.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Campbell police at (408) 866-2729. The car wash is handling the reward fund.

``We're at $13,580 right now,'' Bryan Buell, assistant manager of the car wash. said at Wednesday afternoon. ``At the end of the day, we expect the fund to be at $14,000. It's been phenomenal.''

The car wash has received at least one offer of free ducks, but Buell said the ducks are a family unit ``and will replenish themselves. We have the three baby ducks born on Saturday. We appreciate the feelings but we do not need ducks.''

Anyone wanting to donate to the reward fund to find the man who killed 10 ducks at the Delta Queen Classic Car Wash on Aug. 5 may drop off contributions at the car wash at 981 E. Hamilton Ave. in Campbell or mail them to the corporate office at Classic Car Wash, 871 E. Hamilton Ave., Campbell, CA 95008.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Animal Cruelty

First off, I do agree that this news story is ridiculous and I thoroughly enjoyed your commentary on it. That said, I had an encounter involving animal cruelty and I gotta say first hand it is really not right. Over here, we got a problem with cats. I was walking down the street and saw a dude coming from the other direction and along came a cat that was walking between us and he kicked the crap out of it. The cat flew into the side of a parked car, and hit with an incredible thud, a testament to the force. I was in shock because it was just so unexpected to see. My assessment of the dude that did it. Total A--hole
anyway, you two are kickin ass this week, some of the best shows yet.

"deuce is a fucking asshole, and one of the best you'll come across"....stjoe
Old 08-17-2005, 07:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
LD

Re: Reward in Campbell duck killing increases to nearly $14,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban Basher
Surveillance cameras captured the 12:30 a.m. crime on videotape, although the tape is not clear enough for police to make out the license plate. It appears to be a vanity plate, and police identified the car as a red Acura Integra, a late-80s or early '90s model.
Poor duckies.

Maybe they should use the money to buy some better surveillance equipment!!! What's the point of having a CCTV system if you can't see the license plate, the type of car or the damned face of the person who did it? Doesn't bode well if the damned place is robbed. They probably only put the things up in case they catch something funny that they can send in to the TV. Why don't they zoom in and enhance the driver using the digital wizardry they always use on CSI etc. Eh? Eh?

In fact if any criminals are reading this that car wash looks like a good place to stick up tonight. You can stay on camera for a few minutes and they still can't figure out who you are. In fact you should do it in a duck costume then they will never find you. If they do catch you, then you can plead self defense.

Poor duckies.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yea, Andrea is back. I do not know why I like her, she just has a great style about her. There is something rough and tumble about her.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

Scary Robots

A sprint customer sent a text message from his cell phone to my land line. It came to me through a computerized text to voice message. where a computer read back the text message. probably the funniest (and scariest) thing i ever heard.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
LD

Re: Scary Robots

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce
A sprint customer sent a text message from his cell phone to my land line. It came to me through a computerized text to voice message. where a computer read back the text message. probably the funniest (and scariest) thing i ever heard.
or maybe you were just getting a phone call from Stephen Hawking ...
Old 08-18-2005, 04:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

They mentioned Scotland (very briefly) today. go on!

See, the romans managed to take over all of europe and ruled the world basically. they fought their way from italy, all the way through europe and through england, then they got to scotland, saw a bunch of hairy bastards in kilts with swords and thought - fuck that. they actually built a wall to keep us out! pussy's!
Old 08-18-2005, 05:34 AM   #9 (permalink)

Oh, and gas prices!
u think u guys have it bad!

here in the UK its almost 1 per litre. it costs me 40 to fill my tank. thats not far off $80
Old 08-18-2005, 06:56 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD
or maybe you were just getting a phone call from Stephen Hawking ...
It was a female robot, so thats why i was less scared.