Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did the 6-year-old mentioned try to kill herself?
Most likely, yes. 105 49.30%
Most likely, no. 108 50.70%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2010, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1161: Hide and Seek

"He had his dick out, yelled, "I'm a helicopter. Jean-Claude Van Damme."

Crazy Myka Fox

Last edited by Keith; 04-13-2010 at 08:22 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Chemda's always so quick to point fingers. Mozart composed his first opera at 5; is it sooo crazy to think that this child could figure out how to kill herself? This girl is just a different kind of prodigy. A suicide prodigy.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

To ease your mind Keith, I would assume the cop was drawing his gun to shoot at a target (like he might do in a real world situation) and fired ...uh prematurely. I'm guessing that's how he did it
Old 04-14-2010, 02:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

I think its weird that Oregon wouldn't even add "accidental" to the 6 year-old's suicide. Even grown adults, like Heath Ledger, will overdose and have accidental suicides. Kids kill themselves a lot tying strings to their ceiling fans and then around their necks trying to fly. Even after an argument a kid could forget after 2 minutes and then go on to play with her toys or in an old crib.

Oprah's beef with James Frey was that he published the book as non-fiction and when he was first on her show to talk about the book he confirmed some parts of the book she thought were far-fetched. He lied to her face, then he was exposed. She then grilled him and his publishers to have the book then re-printed and labeled as a memoir (memoirs don't always have to be confirmed as true, it's just what the author said happened).

I love all things celebrity and I think the Oprah expose book sounds boring. Sleeping with John Tesh and not being as poor as she said she was is not groundbreaking. It's not as if Kitty got 5 girls to come forward and say they were locked in Oprah's basement to be her sex slave.

Oprah never really references her relationship with Stedman. Sometimes when there's a sex expert on the show she'll kind of say "Girl, we all know what that's like!" to a comment, but she never speaks about Stedman and herself. The only time I can remember her ever mentioning Stedman was during one of the Favorite things episodes. She gave the whole audience bathrobes and said she had gotten her original one from Stedman. That's not sexual at all.

Maybe they're like Dolly Parton and her husband, where he never goes to any of her events because he's not comfortable there. Maybe Oprah is just A-sexual and Stedman is a good friend who wants to remain private. Maybe she's so rich she can pay him to keep him company. Until he's on talk shows himself, it's never going to be explained.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

Regarding the throw away line about me on the show, being guilty of delivering uninvited criticism...

I was under the impression that posting something online(in the forums) was exposing it to both praise and criticism. If praise is appropriate, criticism should be in equal measure, at least among us grown ups. These forums are grown up forums, I'm not picking apart some five year old's crayon pics, I wouldn't do that.

Do the majority of people here see all criticism the way Keith seems to, as pure negativity? If so, why the hyper sensitivity about a critique? If everyone is so bothered by evaluations of their work(their work, not their character), why don't they freak out about thoughtless and shallow praise as well? "Oh wow, that's great!1!1!" They didn't ask for any evaluation of their work, at least that is the context Keith delivered the "uninvited criticism" of me in the show today.(I put that in quotes because I believe I justly expose myself to criticism by being here)

I wonder if this comes from being graded, evaluated, throughout your formative years in school? Is there something there that damages people to the point that they can't handle anything but being told how great they are? Is this why there aren't winners in kid's sporting events these days, damaged people have become the majority and hijacked the system? How is this going to affect the next generation, will they be even more hyper sensitive, or better off?

I know how I feel, I know how Keith feels, but how do you feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepetek View Post
To ease your mind Keith, I would assume the cop was drawing his gun to shoot at a target (like he might do in a real world situation) and fired ...uh prematurely. I'm guessing that's how he did it
Yeah, part of target practice is drawing your weapon. You don't grab it by the trigger, you don't even put your finger on the trigger until it's aimed at the target and you are prepared to fire. This noob grabbed his sidearm, putting his finger inside the trigger guard(you know, like they do in all Hollywood films), he yanked it out and bam! And that's why we have firearm training for Police, they fuck up enough as it is without including accidents.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.

Last edited by spooky; 04-14-2010 at 02:15 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

Classic Spooky.

Regarding the episode, I only have one thing to say: MYKA FAX!
Old 04-14-2010, 04:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

My vote is yes on the issue of the girl killing herself. I think part of the problem with the word suicide is the implied intent. I don't think the girl fully understood the implications of what she was doing (I know I wouldn't have at that age), but I think she did do it. I think if the parents were involved they would have done something easier than faking a hanging with a belt
Old 04-14-2010, 06:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

on the piercings... a human mobile.

saw this when scifi first ran this show, was pretty interesting.

Pierced people use their flesh and hooks to make a human mobile :: Vidmax.com
Old 04-14-2010, 08:03 AM   #9 (permalink)

I tend to agree with Keith regarding "The Tonight Show". I could care less what a night-time talk show is called or what channel it's on. Maybe at one time "The Tonight Show" was the only one on, or the first of its kind but not anymore. Only the media seems to make a distinction of a talk show's name. When you hear normal people refer to them its always "Letterman was okay last night" or "The Leno show sucks balls" No one seems to make a point in saying "The late show has had crappy guests lately". Conan's show (whatever its going to be called) on TBS is going to me a lot like Conan's show anywhere else.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

If I were six I would want to kill myself.