Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did the 6-year-old mentioned try to kill herself?
Most likely, yes. 105 49.30%
Most likely, no. 108 50.70%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2010, 08:55 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
If I were six I would want to kill myself.
Ah jeez....

Christian Finnegan is going to be on a tv show airing on TBS called "Are we there yet."

Coco and Finnegan on the same team!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #12 (permalink)

I agree with Myka, it was an accident. Six years old is around the time they learn to tie their shoes.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:53 AM   #13 (permalink)

The 6 year old may not have fully grasped the meaning of suicide/death beyond teaching her parents a "lesson", but I think it's entirely possible that she intended to kill herself. I've known plenty of kids who try to hold their breath or stop eating to make a point to their parents. "I'll die and then you'll be sorry!" Fortunately biology takes over and they can't commit suicide that way, but this girl reportedly knew that she could die by hanging herself. Her parents said that they had scolded her before for playing with a belt around her neck (another thing that a lot of kids do; that's why kids' hoodies don't have drawstrings in them anymore).
Old 04-14-2010, 01:26 PM   #14 (permalink)

My cousin accidentally hung himself with a belt -- I think he was around eight or nine. The reason they decided it was accidental is because he'd been watching some horror movie where the main character fakes a hanging and scares everyone (I'm still not sure which movie this is). They think he meant to scare his mother and sister as they came home from grocery shopping.

But I know that eight or nine is a world of difference from six years old.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsonix View Post
Ah jeez....
Just saying...

Can you imagine being all short...and have to go through all that school BS again...and no banging for several years.

I'd for sure kill myself.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

Kitty Kelley is a well-known hack. This latest is sure to sell as they all do, due to reader curiosity. A couple of reviewers have made the point that Oprah has built a career on revealing her former cocaine-use, teenage pregnancy, affair with a married man, multiple attempts to lose weight, etc. What "gotcha" does Kelley have left? Apparently, the secret identity of Oprah's biological father! That's right, Oprah does not know who her real daddy is, but Kitty Kelley claims she does. A true friend, she will keep her lip zipped until Oprah herself is told. Now that's what I call a sensitive journalist!

One has to wonder how well a book on Oprah can possibly do when it can't be promoted on Oprah?

NY Times Review:
Books of The Times - In ‘Oprah,’ Kitty Kelley Searches for a Mega-Star - Review - NYTimes.com
Old 04-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #17 (permalink)

From my experience working on the adolescent unit of a psych hospital, I have no doubt that a 6-year-old has the capacity to want to kill herself and go through with it. We had kids as young as 5 (who are either very very depressed or very very psychotic) talk about wanting to die or wanting to kill themselves, and many tried. Of course, those who succeed don't wind up at the hospital, so I don't know how often they actually die. I doubt this kid had the weight to snap her own neck and it's more likely she just strangled herself, which would be pretty easy to do with a belt and her body weight.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:13 PM   #18 (permalink)

Keith sounded like HE wanted to hang himself by the end of this episode, Chemda seemed a tad cranky this time around. Shoulda called this one "The Awkward Show"
Old 04-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepetek View Post
To ease your mind Keith, I would assume the cop was drawing his gun to shoot at a target (like he might do in a real world situation) and fired ...uh prematurely. I'm guessing that's how he did it
Prodigy? What kid of prodigy is smart enough to think it's a good idea to kill themself. Usually don't they realize they are better than everyone else and try to make something of themselves?
Old 04-14-2010, 07:57 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Mann View Post
Prodigy? What kid of prodigy is smart enough to think it's a good idea to kill themself.
A suicide prodigy. Sad thing is we won't know for sure because other prodigies usually have to demonstrate their exemplary works more than once. True suicide prodigies are usually lumped in just the same with dumb kids accidentally killing themselves.