Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did the 6-year-old mentioned try to kill herself?
Most likely, yes. 105 49.30%
Most likely, no. 108 50.70%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajizzle View Post
Am I the listener who told you you had ADD, Myka? I can't remember because I think I have a slight case of ADD, too...
Many people in my life have told me I have ADD. I always thought it was an innocuous adjective synonymous with hyper or distractible until I got two substantial emails from a teacher who is convinced that ADD is a real disorder and that I have it.

I read the first sixty pages of the book she recommended and became convinced that I had a faulty brain, but then the book's suggestions for managing the disorder seemed ridiculous to the point that I am once again questioning the disorder's validity. I have found another publication that might be more my speed, but to be honest, it will probably be another few months or a year before I can muster enough interest to read it.

Do you really think you have ADD?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:35 PM   #22 (permalink)

I'm willing to bet that has more to do with our computer culture than your having a disorder. If you're constantly fed enormous amounts of information at a rapid pace of course you can't focus long term on any one thing. Same with silence. Jizz, you could learn to appreciate some quiet.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:11 AM   #23 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Outrageous behavior

I loved the bit about Segal doing ridiculous stuff for plausible deniability. I used to work for a governmental office and you could just tell which people were going to be asses. Those people got extra special attention.

We'd make them wait until the rest of the waiting room was clear and service hours were over (no witnesses), then we'd put on a show. Pretending to be a Roman Emperor, or demand that they go relieve themselves before talking anymore because they are doing the "pee-pee dance" (when they are completely still and not fidgeting), or accusing them of lying to our security to gain entrance when we are closed (We're closed and you're the only one here now, right? How did you get in?). My favorite was a guy who actually did lie about an emergency to get in, so we had him removed by security without touching him, but the security guard kept his hand on his mace and screamed, "If you want pain, I'll give you pain!" over and over until he left.

So much fun to deserving scumbags. In seven years we never got a single complaint about this behavior and we were not surprised by this. It was only done because it was too easy to deny. Either the idiots realized they deserved it or the agencies we answered to just did not bother forwarding crazy-ass complaints.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:44 AM   #24 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Those guys that told Myka they were cops and tried to get her to help them were real cops. They needed her help because they were recovering from self-inflicted gunshots to the legs.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:04 AM   #25 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajizzle View Post
Kind of! I'm always distracted by things and I fade in and out unless I'm really interested in something. Also, silence makes me uncomfortable.
bitch please. Boring things make you fade in and out...really?
Old 04-15-2010, 08:50 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baristaman View Post
Keith sounded like HE wanted to hang himself by the end of this episode, Chemda seemed a tad cranky this time around. Shoulda called this one "The Awkward Show"
A grown adult isn't heavy enough to have their neck snapped by hanging themselves with a belt, this is why the noose was invented. You suffocate when you hang yourself this way.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
If I were six I would want to kill myself.
Well, how old are you now?
Old 04-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #28 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I'm willing to bet that has more to do with our computer culture than your having a disorder. If you're constantly fed enormous amounts of information at a rapid pace of course you can't focus long term on any one thing. Same with silence. Jizz, you could learn to appreciate some quiet.
Something about betting on the computer something something. I'm in!
Old 04-15-2010, 12:44 PM   #29 (permalink)

I knew exactly where Keith was going with this when he started with the marching band, should I be concerned?
Old 04-15-2010, 02:26 PM   #30 (permalink)

6yos these days are different to when we were 6yo. Nowadays they have access to much more fucked up shit at their fingertips and, while I'm not suggesting this little girl was browsing the net for "How To Kill Yourself Using A Belt And A Crib" tutorials, this kind of information isn't hard to pick up. Shit shows like Dr Phil which is daytime viewing and highly accessible to a kid on school holidays has mothers describing how their father/daughter/brother killed themselves, this kid didn't have to be watching R18+ movies or trolling through suicide forums to pick up everything she eventually put to use.