Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did the 6-year-old mentioned try to kill herself?
Most likely, yes. 105 49.30%
Most likely, no. 108 50.70%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoav View Post
anybody else feel like starting an outrageous baby suicide thread?
...=/
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #42 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Is there a difference between Oprah's construction worker's information and Adam Brown's information about the status of a certain marriage passed on to the show? Because seemed like everyone thought the latter was hilarious.

Also, Chemda says at one point that she can, "imagine anything." Yet she cannot fathom this six year old killing herself.

Sorry for not waiting until I was asked if I noticed any contradictions in the show. But I don't think it was coming and obviously this is really important.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #43 (permalink)

For the investigation most states have a policy where police must be notified for every dead on arrival call that fire rescue services encounter. This will usually not include assisted living facilities or hospitals. I can guarantee that if this poor kid was the youngest in the recorded history of the state to do this, a VERY thorough investigation was conducted. The first suspicion would be the parents.

There are so many ways to tell if there was foul play in a hanging that it would be very difficult to fake unless the parent was a forensic expert. Everything from the onset of rigor, petechial hemorrhaging, and ligature marks are taken into consideration by a homicide investigator when conducting an investigation. It is possible a poor investigation was conducted and something overlooked? Always, but not likely.

As far as intent, it is plausible that the child knew what they were doing, I say yes. In this state children can be held liable for criminal actions once they are 7 years old. This assumes that children that reach this age are capable of understanding the consequences of their actions. The problem I find is that people age and mature differently. The sad fact here is we will never know what this child's intent was. I would hope that this was a child being a child and committing an action only intended to "scare the mother straight" and not to take her own life. I fully agree with Keith that this was learned on television. Even bugs bunny cartoons jokingly depict hangings.

Just my two cents. Sorry for the delay I'm behind on my podcasts.