Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Spooky?
Yes 69 32.86%
No 141 67.14%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2010, 05:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1162: I Got a Globe!

"Did you just Internet threaten me?!"

www.facebook.com/KeithandTheGirl

Brother Love

Find & Share iPhone Apps with Yappler.com

www.MyContestSite.com
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm currently in the "Spooky arc" of the KATG archives so I had to vote yes before listening to the show. My opinion must be heard.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

yes
Old 04-19-2010, 07:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

great show and I even made it in this one so even better.

tacos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30foot.xlarge1.jpg (39.8 KB, 493 views)
Old 04-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Leave it to Keith to make my apology into a "fuck you".

As far as Michael calling me a liar, I was just paraphrasing Keith's interpretation when Michael was on the show and explaining one of his early business ventures. I confirmed it with Jeremy when it happened.

The rest, meh, people can sort it out for themselves.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Dude considering the snide nature of most of alot of your other micheal posts i hardly think its keiths fault the apology came across as a fuck you.

It was episode 879: sober living with spooky and peyton that really sold me on this show and turned me into a a regular listener.
Now its like spooky is a different person, enough with the ego odyssey bring the old spooky back. Sharpening pride to a point by bursting other ego's is all well and good but its not always justified.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Culprit View Post
Dude considering the snide nature of most of alot of your other micheal posts i hardly think its keiths fault the apology came across as a fuck you.
Me and Micheal aren't ever going to find neutral ground, he made that clear, he prefers it like this. I tried before to mend fences, I apologized for vocalizing my dislike of his site's interface, he dismissed it and ended any conversation/communication that Keith isn't present for. Keith fans the flames any chance he gets and always Michael goes for it. It's entertaining to hear Keith rant, so I expect it will continue. It's why we love Keith.

This last instance, for example, Keith brought me into it telling Micheal I wrote into the show while he was on and was talking shit. I didn't, Keith made it up to get an entertaining rise out of Michael. Later, other people being cynical about what turned out to simply be a philanthropy site of Micheal's brought me up on the subject, and I ran my mouth about what I assumed it likely was based on his business' in the past and my intellectual laziness to not do the research.

I was hating, sure. Micheal had been as well, it's where we were. I don't see any way to avoid it in the future, as even when I don't participate, someone will participate on my behalf, saying it's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Culprit View Post
enough with the ego odyssey bring the old spooky back. Sharpening pride to a point by bursting other ego's is all well and good but its not always justified.
Hence my apologies and all the positive/constructive things in the forums lately.

I saw Henry Rollins doing his spoken word thing on tour down here in Australia, and I think he changed my mind on a few things. Chief among them is being cynical, the errant belief that it helps you "see through the bullshit", it just doesn't pan out. Case in point, Micheal's contest site, which had no other purpose than giving away free things, there wasn't an ulterior or unstated motive to it, thus it wasn't a spam site. My cynicism led me to assume I was seeing through the bullshit, and it had an unstated purpose beyond giving people free things, and I was wrong. I was intellectually lazy, I didn't do my research, I was just cynical. Henry Rollins was dead on and here is where I wound up.

Maybe in retrospect, I shouldn't have tried to explain why I went wrong in my apology, I should have just said my bad, or I'm sorry, and left it there. I don't think owning up to your mistakes is wrong, though, and it's certainly not a "fuck you" to the person you wronged.

Oh look, I just rambled out another long explanation(complete with video links!), maybe I haven't learned. /rolls eyes at self.

This will be my last post on this current matter.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.

Last edited by spooky; 04-19-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
This will be my last post on this current matter.
Of course it won't, liar.

This all stemmed from Michael not wanting to work on a site idea you had because he didn't find it to be, for lack of a better word, good. Ever since then you were the watcher of Everything Michael.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

better a long explanation than not enough

props to the rollins video i've never really been into his stuff before. Though the first few minutes did start to sound he was telling a story of how he found faith in xenu or the invisible pink unicorn, i was pleasantly surprised by the end.

Ive always found peoples opinions are run on a combination of instinct and intellectual analysis which is regulated by a level of self detachment
Old 04-20-2010, 02:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

There is only one way to solve this: arm wrestling and poker. I know that sounds like two things, but not if you do them at the same time. There may have to be rules modifications to both, um....sports? games? Whatever. There may have to be rule changes. I would work on it, but it seems like it might be up Jeremy's alley. Might cheer him up some.