Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you smoke weed?
Yes; regularly. 22 12.57%
Yes; once in a while. 54 30.86%
No. 99 56.57%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2010, 08:19 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Are you going to unsubscribe, or are you just punishing the rest of that particular show with your non-listenership?
I don't think I would have listened to KATG for as long as I have if doing so was dependent upon Keith not saying ignorant crap. I can still be a fan of KATG and not like a show here and there.

Last edited by Cretaceous Bob; 04-21-2010 at 08:21 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:22 AM   #12 (permalink)

Meat Drunk

churrascaria style restaurants are awesome. Yes, they do try to get you to fill up on appetizers before bringing out the good stuff. You can actually turn the tihingie over onto red until they start bringing the prime cuts around, then you flip that bad boy over and get "meat drunk".
Old 04-21-2010, 09:53 AM   #13 (permalink)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
I stopped listening to this episode the instant that retarded shit that fell out of Keith's mouth 20 minutes in.

The Nazis and Soviets brutally raped Poland throughout the entire war. WW2 itself started - the very first event of the war - was unprovoked aggression of Germany and the Soviet Union against Poland.

The Polish armed forces and the Polish government-in-exile (which operated out of Britain) aided the Allies throughout the entire war.

The Katyn Massacre was the "killing a bunch of people" that Keith referred to, which was the mass murder of surrendered Polish officers and civilians. 22,000 prisoners of war were murdered according to Stalin's direct orders. 22,000 people systematically murdered with pistols. By the "good guys".

The Warsaw Uprising was a valiant effort by the Polish people to break free of Nazi control; 16,000 Nazis were killed by the civilian uprising. Over 200,000 Poles died as a result. The Soviet armed forces were directly ordered by Stalin not to assist this resistance (despite being at the edge of the city) in order to ensure that the establishment of an independent Polish state and the return of the Polish government-in-exile would not happen, paving the way for Soviet occupation.

The Red Army told the leader of the Polish resistance, Bór-Komorowski, that they would only help Poland if they recognized the Soviet puppet government and officially recognized the Katyn Massacre was perpetrated by the Germans, not the Soviets. Komorowski replied, "Poland has not been fighting the Germans for five years, bearing the greatest losses, just to capitulate to Russia. Our fight against the Germans has shown that we love freedom more than life."

But of course, that's not the good guy. The good guy is Stalin, the murderous thug who killed millions of his own people through starvation, Gulags, fear tactics, paranoia, NKVD hits, etc. etc.

The most confusing thing about Keith's warped view of history is the conventional "good guys" such as Patton and Churchill never shut up about how awful the Soviet Union was. Patton wanted to keep going after taking Berlin and start killing Soviets. Is the most famous American war-hero from WW2 a bad guy because he didn't like the Soviets?

Regardless, it's sad to see a 30-something year old man call the Stalin-led Soviet Union "good guys". I'd expect that ignorance out of a six year old. Stalin was a mass murderer who only fought the Nazis because Hitler attacked him. The Soviet Union was part of the Allied forces not because they were good guys, but because, as Churchill said, "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference to the devil in the House of Commons."
Although all of the above is true...you're taking this WAY too personal man. My mom is Polish and therefore have grandparents that suffered under both regimes so I did know about the true story, yet I do not expect anyone to know this shit nor do I think anyone will particularly benefit from getting yelled at for not knowing it. There's a shit ton of misconceptions we all have, even you. Couldn't you just be a little civil about it and just say 'there, now you know'.

On that note, holocaust never happened...GO!!

EDIT: I smoke weed whenever I have too much on my mind and need a way to kind of 'reset' it. Which is once or maybe twice a month.

Last edited by -=AJ=-; 04-21-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

I actually used to drink a ton. I've been drinking heavily since I was like 16, but lately since I've been able to get it and afford it I've stopped drinking save for once a week and started smoking. Overall it's made things better because I can take it with my medication without any issues (bi-polar medicine stuff) and I don't get crappy feelings later.

Plus I think my liver could use a break
Old 04-21-2010, 10:33 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=AJ=- View Post
Although all of the above is true...you're taking this WAY too personal man. My mom is Polish and therefore have grandparents that suffered under both regimes so I did know about the true story, yet I do not expect anyone to know this shit nor do I think anyone will particularly benefit from getting yelled at for not knowing it. There's a shit ton of misconceptions we all have, even you. Couldn't you just be a little civil about it and just say 'there, now you know'.

On that note, holocaust never happened...GO!!

EDIT: I smoke weed whenever I have too much on my mind and need a way to kind of 'reset' it. Which is once or maybe twice a month.
1) Don't make assumptions about me. I quite deliberately keep my mouth shut about things I haven't learned about fully. That should be a requisite habit of adults. It is very easy to learn to not take vague and unreliable information as fact and how to know when one's knowledge in an area is insufficient to comment. It is also easy to learn that vague information is not suitable for extrapolating in order to conjure up assumptions to take the place of fact. For example, I know nothing about the steel industry. I'm sure I could make ignorant conjecture based on vague information disseminated to me by uncorroborated sources, but I know not to do so.

2) I hardly expect anyone who is fine with making jokes about a plane crash resulting in the deaths of almost 100 people to have thin skin. I'm not saying I have a problem with someone being harsh, but it does warrant my harshness.

3) I don't expect people to know anything at all. But I expect everyone who offers commentary on a subject to be familiar with a brief history of that subject. There is a big difference between professing ignorance and using that ignorance as a platform to formulate opinions. It wouldn't bother me in the least if someone said, "I do not know a single thing about Poland's involvement in WW2, and for all I know Poland could be in Africa." Similarly, it would be unreasonable if someone called me an idiot for saying I know nothing about the steel industry, as I did above. But it would be expected if someone called me an idiot if I said ignorant bullshit about the steel industry based on the vapors of information I have regarding that subject.

4) I don't really care what your bloodline is. It doesn't make that part of history any more valuable to you or any less valuable to me. Nothing is gained by ascribing value to events according to correlations of race.

Last edited by Cretaceous Bob; 04-21-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I'm sure I could make ignorant conjecture based on vague information disseminated to me by uncorroborated sources
Prove it, big talker.

Last edited by Mandias; 04-21-2010 at 10:44 AM. Reason: awesomeness
Old 04-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettie-poo View Post
I actually used to drink a ton. I've been drinking heavily since I was like 16, but lately since I've been able to get it and afford it I've stopped drinking save for once a week and started smoking. Overall it's made things better because I can take it with my medication without any issues (bi-polar medicine stuff) and I don't get crappy feelings later.

Plus I think my liver could use a break
smoking > drinking. less incapacitating (for most), less drama, less puking.

you can got to work/class/church/whatever high and still function and be productive. not so much with alcohol.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:56 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandias View Post
Prove it, big talker.
You have some sort of disease that makes your skin blue. Also, you probably smell.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
1) Don't make assumptions about me.
I wasn't, I was generalizing.

Quote:
2) I'm not saying I have a problem with someone being harsh, but it does warrant my harshness.
Again; why...so...SERIOUS?!
After all the shit that has been spewed on the show about various topics, mostly just for laughs, you went out of your way to login to this forum and tell the fans that you stopped listening, because Keith said something that wasn't true?! WWWAAAAHHHH!!

I expect that you keep doing this from now on by the way!

Quote:
Nothing is gained by ascribing value to events according to correlations of race.
Being (half-)Polish isn't a race you ignorant idiot bastard!! Ow...I see what you did there...it does feel good to call someone an idiot. I stand corrected.

Ps; why do you listen to the show again?
Old 04-21-2010, 11:16 AM   #20 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I used to smoke a TON of weed in my high school/college days but since I became a grown-up, it has the opposite effect on me than most people are saying. It doesn't calm me down, it freaks me out. I get paranoid and anxious and no one can look at me because I will cry. Not fun anymore. Booooooooooooooze 4eva!