Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you give a fuck about Balloon Boy's dad?
Yes; I'm curious what happens to him. 25 16.13%
HUH?! 130 83.87%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I dont know if i've been unlucky but yesterday i was in the Schipol (amsterdam) airport at 11 am, after getting my flight cancelled two times.

The attendants were rude, unorganized, vague and uninformed. People from everywhere ere roaming with blank expressions with no help from anybody. They had a system failure, fucked up the luggage boarding, had to refuel the planes, didnt give any food or water, put us into eternal, un-moving queues. I left Holland after about 12 hours of waiting and being treated like shit.

I'm almost convinced that this volcano thing has been exploited by the airlines as much as possible, in order to make money out of people's panicking, by selling unnecessary replacement tickets, not giving refunds or at least not in full, and cutting on services.

I keep hearing stories similar to mine, so Emelath, i guess you were lucky. This Volcano thing was a fake alert.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #12 (permalink)

I'd love to start the volcano business up. Any venture capitalists out there want to see a copy of my business plan? The ROI from the geothermal offshoot business is ridiculous.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:02 AM   #13 (permalink)

Too late. This thing was what's called a "Black Swan", an unpredictable event that causes immense profit to some and disgrace to others, and cannot be foreplanned. (stuff i learned while reading in an airport to avoid eating on the screaming 3 year old toddler sat next to me)
Old 04-22-2010, 11:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
I'd love to start the volcano business up. Any venture capitalists out there want to see a copy of my business plan? The ROI from the geothermal offshoot business is ridiculous.
Track the GMROI, it's a better indicator of business strength.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:44 AM   #15 (permalink)

Ugh, that 18 year old who ran over the 69 year old woman in her own yard is seriously fucked up. She was high on oxycontin at the time, on her way to her court appearance for stealing jewelry from her parents. She was driving the company van after having taken over the wheel from her boss and boyfriend because he was "driving too slow." After the crash she demanded a ride to court from a passerby, and her boyfriend/boss was heard lamenting the fact that she'd just crashed his car two weeks ago. She also said that she didn't feel so bad about hitting the woman because she was "so old."

Real classy, this little gal.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Too late. This thing was what's called a "Black Swan", an unpredictable event that causes immense profit to some and disgrace to others, and cannot be foreplanned. (stuff i learned while reading in an airport to avoid eating on the screaming 3 year old toddler sat next to me)
This event may have been a Black Swan, but my plan involves drilling and LOTS of explosives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
Track the GMROI, it's a better indicator of business strength.
point
Old 04-22-2010, 01:47 PM   #17 (permalink)

Huh?
Old 04-22-2010, 01:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

A couple of things,

First, I worked as a tech support agent in a call center for a while a few years back, and the pressure from clients as well as your bosses can really get to you. Most of my colleagues would start to sound exactly as the client Chemda mentioned after only a couple of weeks. I, however, didn't find it to be too painful to not be a complete douchebag. If someone with a name like Chemda's ever called me, I would just ask them to spell it for me. An honest question that avoids all the asshattery that would come from me saying HUH?!

And the second thing is that a few years after I graduated, my high school band teacher got arrested for being sexually involved with one of his students. While it was consensual, and she was 17 and in New York, legal aged, he still got jail time. The funny thing was that he was allowed, like the Balloon Boy dad, to serve his time on weekends, "so that his jail sentence did not interfere with his job." ....what?
Old 04-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
And the second thing is that a few years after I graduated, my high school band teacher got arrested for being sexually involved with one of his students. While it was consensual, and she was 17 and in New York, legal aged, he still got jail time. The funny thing was that he was allowed, like the Balloon Boy dad, to serve his time on weekends, "so that his jail sentence did not interfere with his job." ....what?
I think you mean, "huh?"

That is weird.
I think they got it backwards.

He should lose his job and not go to jail.
Maybe he could do his JOB on weekends, when kids aren't in school, because that's how it would be safest for them to not be involved in sexuality by him, even consensually.

Leading a high school band on the weekend while no one is there might please the surrounding community more as well.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #20 (permalink)

Hah! Great episode! I love Myq and Kyle, I made the show quote, I got Keith to give everybody a history lesson for two minutes, and I got Keith to apologize to Poland. Huzzah.