Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you give a fuck about Balloon Boy's dad?
Yes; I'm curious what happens to him. 25 16.13%
HUH?! 130 83.87%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I thought the way Keith handled Bob's uncompromising unleashment of history at his ignorance on the last show was totally classy. I half expected Keith to go on the defensive and start attacking Bob's character but instead he apologised for being wrong, admitted he gets some of his information on world and historical events from video games and read the post Bob made which set him straight.

Never let it be said that Keith's completely lacking in humility or that he never admits he's wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=AJ=- View Post
Same here. It's not even a "huh?", more like a "haah?". I unconsciously started doing it too
You're right of course AJ, and I would probably spell it "haah" too. But I didn't know how Keith would spell it and it turns out it was a completely different thing anyway, this "Huh?!". Still good though.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Hah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Huzzah.
HUH?!
Old 04-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
I thought the way Keith handled Bob's uncompromising unleashment of history at his ignorance on the last show was totally classy. I half expected Keith to go on the defensive and start attacking Bob's character but instead he apologised for being wrong, admitted he gets some of his information on world and historical events from video games and read the post Bob made which set him straight.
Indeed. Good form.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myq View Post
He should lose his job and not go to jail.
Oh, he lost his job, his teaching license, and his wife shortly thereafter. Plus, if you google his name, his article on "badbadteacher.com" is the first result. His life's over. I hope the young pussy was worth it.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I dont know if i've been unlucky but yesterday i was in the Schipol (amsterdam) airport at 11 am, after getting my flight cancelled two times.

The attendants were rude, unorganized, vague and uninformed. People from everywhere ere roaming with blank expressions with no help from anybody. They had a system failure, fucked up the luggage boarding, had to refuel the planes, didnt give any food or water, put us into eternal, un-moving queues. I left Holland after about 12 hours of waiting and being treated like shit.

I'm almost convinced that this volcano thing has been exploited by the airlines as much as possible, in order to make money out of people's panicking, by selling unnecessary replacement tickets, not giving refunds or at least not in full, and cutting on services.

I keep hearing stories similar to mine, so Emelath, i guess you were lucky. This Volcano thing was a fake alert.
I guess I was lucky. Still haven't been to the airport.. so I will hold off untill I'm safe in Napoli on Tuesday. Luckily I have my Mom's best friend near by.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:16 PM   #26 (permalink)

I hate to be a cretacious bob, but I just thought I'd link to the real origin of "420":

snopes.com: 420
Old 04-22-2010, 06:50 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post

Never let it be said that Keith's completely lacking in humility or that he never admits he's wrong.
...whilst simultaneously exposing Bob's overreaction as hilariously bananas.

Truly, Keith is the messiah
Old 04-22-2010, 10:07 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post

Truly, Keith is the messiah
What's hilarious is the endless pile of dicksuckers someone has to wade through. I was right, he was wrong. Stop trying, dude.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:17 AM   #29 (permalink)

Myq's grown on me. Thumbs up.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:42 AM   #30 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
He made a little joke about Bob's "I smashed my hand down on the off button" type comment but he didn't go on one of those verbal rampages he loves to tear off on, where he turns into some half apeman, half character assassin. Of course we love those rampages with all our viscious hearts, and for good reason, but I was stoked that on this occasion he kept it holstered, because the error he'd made was an order of magnitude more bananas than anything Bob said.

I don't know if it was because he actually respects Bob's fierce passion for truth and decency and the fact that Bob only brings the noise when he's sure he has his shit down (as opposed to mouthy bastards like that fucker Bucho who spout all manner of malarky and nonsense), or whether it was that he was moved a little bit by the new knowledge of what unspeakable horror had been visited upon those Polish soldiers all those years ago, caught between the two mammoth evil-driven military forces, with nowhere to run and no help available. Or maybe he just plain forgot to kick off on one of his patented firey tirades because he got distracted by something shiny. Or Chemda's cleavage.

There's no possible way we'll ever know why Keith did what he did that day, but whatever it was it came across with a notable touch of humility and class, two things I've never possessed myself but, nevertheless, things to which I aspire each passing day.