Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: MEN ONLY: Offended that your child is more important to your lady than you are?
Yes; it kind of offends me. 57 50.89%
No; the love is so powerful that I understand. 55 49.11%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1165: Sound Off

"Don't you see the difference between people laughing at you and laughing with you?"

Hell and Heartaches
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This is true. My wife has basically said to me that our kids are more important to her than I am.

Who knew this would be the case going in? Not I.

But, this does make some sense...

Men want to protect women. We do whatever we can to protect our wives.

Women want to protect children. They do whatever they can to protect their children.

So, I understand it, but it doesn't mean I like it.

Last edited by BrianAlt; 04-22-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

I feel for you Keith. Audio IS hard. Prob the hardest task in the techie world. Especially when you are talking human voice. We are naturally super sensitive to how voices sound.

And you have great ears. And have high standards. And because of that your show has sounded top notch all the way along. I love how Chemda's third gear squeal/giggle sounds on the Heil. Teehee. Lerman, Delfino and Kyle's music stuff sounded great too so you ARE doing things right.

You guys do SO much by yourselves - show, promo, store, merch, production, hospitality etc etc. Live. 5 days a week. Even with the interns and fan helping out it is a Herculean task. But when you try and sound like the big time radio boys you have to remember they have TONS of full time tech staff. It's plain and simple a tough J.O.B.

<note to self> I need to make you a mixer with just four BIG titty knobs for volume and a tap for the kegerator.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

So Chemda heckled, Danny Lobell? Why is it okay, because he is an asshole or a seemingly shitty comedian? Is Danny the one exception that proves the no heckling rule?
Old 04-22-2010, 11:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
So Chemda heckled, Danny Lobell? Why is it okay, because he is an asshole or a seemingly shitty comedian? Is Danny the one exception that proves the no heckling rule?
It wasn't heckling in my view; Danny was asking for input from the crowd after already hurting someones feelings (agree with Patrice though, why take the bait in the first place?) which made nobody else game to offer anything to him. Chemda helped Danny by bringing laughter back in the room for a minute so people could remember they were there for comedy, not counting how many days ago their grandmother died and if it would be recent enough so they could participate in Danny's "joke".
Old 04-23-2010, 12:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Well to be clear, I don't think that Keith or Chemda are the bad guys in the situation as a whole. I'm just, specifically, talking about the incident at the club. I guess it could be said that once Danny addressed the crowd, he is opening himself up to it. However, that doesn't mean that what Chemda did wasn't heckling, it was just solicited. I only bring it up because of the stance that the show as taken against heckling in the past.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajizzle View Post
If anything, he was disrespectful, but you guys treat him like he's just a nothing person only good to be used as fodder for your show.
So what you're saying is that Danny was disrespectful and Keith and Chemda treat him disrespectfully in return? And that's not nice?

Quote:
Also, the whole shitting on comics who practice their shit is funny considering so much of your standup themes are developed on your show. It's not like you come up with 100% new ideas every April 15th, you have tried out the basic premises of many jokes on your show already. Traditional stand up comics do what you do on your show in front of crowds instead.
Is trying out the basic premises of jokes in front of your partner and the odd guest the same as trying them out in front of a crowd? I get why you feel this way on this point, because the jokes in Keith's stand-up set are always familiar to some extent, but going up in front of a crowd is a significantly different dynamic to performing a radio show with a very small number of people present.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, total bitch move. You guys sound like a couple of holier than thou assholes when you talk about Danny, like you're so much better than a guy who has never really done anything malicious to you guys. If anything, he was disrespectful, but you guys treat him like he's just a nothing person only good to be used as fodder for your show. Awful to hear.

Also, the whole shitting on comics who practice their shit is funny considering so much of your standup themes are developed on your show. It's not like you come up with 100% new ideas every April 15th, you have tried out the basic premises of many jokes on your show already. Traditional stand up comics do what you do on your show in front of crowds instead.
This is the same Sajizzle from last week in NYC??
Old 04-23-2010, 02:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Apparently there are at least three Sajizzles:

-Meet-Up Sajizzle: a lovelly fella which everyone likes

-Chatroom Sajizzle: a quick witted misfits, which i love very much

-Forum and Feedback Sajizzle: A caustic and abrasive contrarian with a chip on both his shoulders, which i enjoy thoroughly, but not everyone understands.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
...that doesn't mean that what Chemda did wasn't heckling, it was just solicited.
Solicited heckling?

Also, Sajizzle is a shithead. This is not a joke in any way.