Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: MEN ONLY: Offended that your child is more important to your lady than you are?
Yes; it kind of offends me. 57 50.89%
No; the love is so powerful that I understand. 55 49.11%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
So Chemda heckled, Danny Lobell? Why is it okay, because he is an asshole or a seemingly shitty comedian? Is Danny the one exception that proves the no heckling rule?
I think the distinction here is that Chemda was asked a direct question by the comic, she didn't just shout it out. It may seem an odd distinction to you, but makes perfect sense to me.

EDIT: Oh, and it sounded like she was funnier than him
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajizzle View Post
And if Myq and Myka, two very cool, reasonable, stand up people, maintain that Danny is a nice but flawed guy, then I tend to think he is.
You really have to listen to Comical Radio, if the website is even up. Myka....Let's just say sometimes it seems like Chemda is just doing a version of the routine that Myka does with Danny on that show.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #23 (permalink)

According to wiki, as of March 2010 just under 800 people have moved to New Hampshire under the Free State Project.

These people are NOT hippies! Libertarians are Rand-obsessed, anti-government, selfishness as a virtue, "fuck you, I got mine" assholes. Remember back in the day when one of the Free State Live co-hosts got on these forums to argue about age of consent laws after you mocked their show? I believe this was pre-Coconut era but it might have been around the same time period. Jeremy will know.

Libertarians like drugs and are against the war just like hippies, but that's about the extent of the overlap. As one comedian put it, "Libertarians are Republicans who smoke dope."

Old 04-23-2010, 02:56 PM   #24 (permalink)

Keith, when you said you were the only person who liked puff daddy's kashmir remake for godzilla, it put a smile on my face cuz I bought the cassette single when it came out, I played that shit to death and everyone hated it. I figured I would hate it now being 26, i was 14 when that shit came out. so thanks for playing it, wasn't my fav but it brought back memories........of being shit on for playing that song on a fucking boombox
Old 04-23-2010, 03:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
No, I'm saying Danny was disrespectful and Keith and Chemda treat him like a lowly piece of shit in return, almost maliciously, which seems incongruous. It bothers me since I tend to want to think Keith or at least Chemda are the more decent people. The guy isn't a bad guy, he's just self-centered, an idiot, and a really easy target.
It depends on your value system I guess. To me someone as self-centered as Danny is a bad guy. He disrespects everyone by always putting himself first in his thoughts. I don't need guys like him like Keith doesn't need countries like Saudi Arabia. Or guys like him.

I can only agree with Junk. If the guy is disrespectful and a user then Keith and Chemda had two options for how to respond. One; disrespect him and use him back. Or two; quit him. They didn't quit him right away because they took the good word of people they know and gave themselves the chance to see if they were initially wrong about him, and they also gave Danny a chance to see the error of his ways, and they gave him that chance by telling him to his face what the error of his ways is. From the sound of this latest show they're done giving him a chance and are ready to quit him.

Good. Now they know him well enough to see that he gives nothing worth having. He's a taker. A drain. So, hopefully, it's goodbye Danny.

Quote:
I think it's more than a matter of trying out an odd joke, it's a matter of trying out a bit or two over a couple of shows where you do get reactions from guests, Chemda, and fans on the forums. All that is fine, and Keith obviously deserves a ton of credit for building that fan base on his own terms. It just rings hollow to hear him shit all over what comics do to try out their material when they don't have the same resources.
I love the forums, obviously, but I wouldn't give us too much credit for providing any useful feedback when it comes to structuring stand-up jokes. We're probably good for something, but it's not that. So I think where Keith really gets his useful feedback is Chemda and his friends. Every comic has the opportunity to get a girlfriend and some friends.

In fact every comic has the opportunity to have the exact same resources, in terms of forums and feedbacks and all of this operation, Keith has earned. Nobody bequeathed him his following. And nevermind the fact we're a following that Keith "tries out his joke ideas" on without charging a single cent at the door. And nevermind the fact that Keith actually started out with a disadvantage compared to other comics because he can't even talk properly!

And don't go by what Myq and Myka say, they're completely awesome of course but for something like this subject they're the kind of nice and non-confrontational people who don't care to get in the middle or take sides.

Last edited by Bucho; 04-23-2010 at 03:15 PM. Reason: David Hasselhoff. And a little bit of William Shatner. And half a cup of dreams.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I lived in Detroit and now I live in NH. I'll take NH any day of the week and twice on Sunday. On the other hand, I can totally see why NH wouldn't be the place for Keith.

John does still live here, we had beers at my place three days ago.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

One thought: if Danny's routine was as Chemda described, heckling would've been a natural reaction for anyone. I would've heckled too.

Jeeeesus.

ADD: I dont plan on having babies, so i can understand that i could feel a bit jealous in the case mentioned by the poll. But it's part of the baby-having process. When a woman gives birth to a child she focuses on it, naturally. She gave birth to it. Her body develops in a way that's focused towards the baby.

The husband is secondary then. A figure that must provide help and money for the baby.

That's why children ruin some love relationships. And that's also why men, as much as they change, and adapt will never love their kids as much as the mothers. They "stole" their women attentions. And they're secretly jealous. They want to be their woman's baby, in a way.

Last edited by Junkenstein; 04-23-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Dude, we're all a lot nicer in person. It's hard to go around giving hugs and making small talk on the forums.
True enough, but even with that in mind the gap between you in person and you here is astonishingly large.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
I met Danny standing outside of Myq Kaplan's Comedy Central taping. We were both in the holding area, waiting for the rest of our party to arrive.

Two things I didn't know at the time. First was that I had no idea that Danny had come straight from taping the episode where Chemda completely called him out. Second thing I didn't know was who the fuck this guy was! He's standing there and he turns to me and says hello and starts talking. He says, oh we met...blah, blah, blah...wherever he mentioned. I looked at him funny.

For some reason, he's sure he's met you SOMEWHERE. He's an odd dude.

The next day I heard the episode and I'm thinking, wait, was that Danny I was talking to? So I check the pictures and sure enough it was.

Very odd dude.
I had to save a certain female from him after the April 15 show this year. Very odd dude indeed. Won't say what line I used to save her as that would call us both out.!

BrianAlt what's the show # you are talking about (obviously not the one this week). I'm a bit behind.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #30 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I wasn't shitting on the way Keith does things at all. He absolutely earned his way of doing things. I was just pointing out that it's a different process of getting to the same point.
I know you weren't trying to shit on the way Keith's done things career-wise per se, it's that when you say, "It just rings hollow to hear him shit all over what comics do to try out their material when they don't have the same resources," it sounds like you're saying he has an unearned advantage and therefore has no call to act holier-than-thou.

So I went on to point out that the reason it doesn't ring hollow, to me at least, is that his process doesn't take advantage of any paying customers who've made the effort to get to the club and pay at the door and might be expecting him to be doing his 100% best to entertain. In that way it's not just a different process Keith has, it's a better and fairer one for the customer/audience. That's where Keith disses from.

Quote:
I'm not just going by what they say, but I've gotten to know them a little, and I trust their opinions about people. They're sharp and fair but not at all pushovers.
I'm not saying they're pushovers, I'm just saying it seems like they could be erring on the diplomatic side. And I'm not criticising them for that, I'm just questioning whether you're taking their niceness at face value. Are you sure you're not missing something in that really, underneath the sociable veneer, these sharp and fair people might not enjoy someone who's not very sharp and fair himself?

Then again, if Victor's anything to go by there appears to be a type of sharp and fair person who'll put up with all manner of immature horseshit, so maybe you're onto it after all. Or ... is Victor bullshitting too?

God, so much drama in KATG-World. Delicious, hilarious drama. Who the fuck needs Jerkoff Shore when we got this?!?