Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Kelly not having sex as often as she wants because men are pussies?
Yes 121 70.35%
No 51 29.65%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1177: Cheese with Your Whine?

"Jesus Fuckin' Christ, how dumb are you?! FUUUCK!!!"

www.KellyAndLindsey.com

(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Is it just me, or did that guy on the phone sound like McNally?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

That call was so unnecessarily angry, that it made me angry. Whoever this is, I AM punching, if we ever meet. Get yourself a life, mate.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

The callers voice doesnt sound like McNally's i think its just that some of his turns of phrase are similiar. Have a listen to the rant McNally did about internet hate back in "episode 1068: who got game?", McNally was 50 times more entertaining than the caller.

On another note, who the fuck is voting 'No' on this pole. If your voting 'No' please post your reasons.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 05-11-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

At one point in the beginning, he randomly interjected "fuck", and I got all giddy thinking this might be a tourettes voicemail on top of his regular anger.

Anyway, I think he made good points, but I doubt he'll persuade anybody who doesn't already agree with him.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I get the vibe that Kelly isn't as approachable towards men as she thinks she is. I think Keith had a track about it in his Coming of Age CD, she is very much a girl that thinks she is "one of the guys" but has no idea what "one of the guys" means.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:12 AM   #7 (permalink)

I don't think the comparison the caller made between Dane Cook and Picasso was a very good one. He said that, in order for him to agree Dane Cook is a hack, he'd have to go back and listen to Dane Cook's material... isn't that the equivalent of just going back and looking at Picasso's paintings? Why should anyone have to go back and study, not only the art, but the history of the artist just to form an opinion. Am i allowed to say a certain car is a piece of shit if i haven't completed a mechanics course and/or studied the history of the company that produced the car? I like metal but i dislike Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and AC/DC, does that mean my opinion on all other bands is null and void? People like what they like.

I'm guessing all the points for Keith's side of the arguement (the side i happen to agree with) have already been made in the 2 previous show threads so i won't continue it here.

Wow, so far Keith has riled up the nerds, the people with MS, the gamers (all FPS are the same) and now the art snobs.. the suspense of which group of douches are gonna cop it next is killing me.

Last edited by serial_x; 05-12-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x View Post
I don't think the comparison the caller made between Dane Cook and Picasso was a very good one. He said that, in order for him to agree Dane Cook is a hack, he'd have to go back and listen to Dane Cook's material... isn't that the equivalent of just going back and looking at Picasso's paintings? Why should anyone have to go back and study, not only the art, but the history of the artist just to form an opinion. Am i allowed to say a certain car is a piece of shit if i haven't completed a mechanics course and/or studied the history of the company that produced the car? I like metal but i dislike Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and AC/DC, does that mean my opinion on all other bands is null and void? People like what they like.

I'm guessing all the points for Keith's side of the arguement (the side i happen to agree with) have already been made in the 2 previous show threads so i won't continue it here.

Wow, so far Keith has riled up the nerds, the people with MS, the gamers (all FPS are the same) and now the art snobs.. the suspense of which group of douches are gonna cop it next is killing me.
Suck up.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

My job "unofficially" encourages doing anything it takes to deal with shop lifters. Its a small chain of stores in the tri-state area and I've heard countless stories of workers chasing down shoplifters and then basically kicking the shit out of them. In fact a district manger of mine told me about a time that he called the cops on a shoplifter. After arresting the shoplifter, the officer told him that shoplifters basically get a slap on the wrist and calling the police isn't an effective deterrent. The police officer then all but told him that the only way to really stop shoplifters is to basically take them out back and touch them up. Most "professional" shoplifters won't continue to shoplift from a store if they know there is a chance that they will get their asses beat. I personally never have tried to run down a shoplifter let alone fight them and probably never will.

Also on the topic of the phone call, I don't agree with his tone but I think he is 100% right. There seems to be a celebratory attitude to, not getting it. Even on the episode where Keith initially brought up the topic of Picasso, a listener called up and basically tried to explain why Picasso is a brilliant painter and was met with the guest pretend snoring and then everyone giggling. Its not the fact that people don't understand, its the fact that people don't want to understand. It gets frustrating sometimes.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:52 AM   #10 (permalink)

I think the guy at the end had some great points, but he came across as a fucking dick. If he called in during the show with a friendly tone and explained his shit, you'd respond to him the nondefensive way you respond to Doug when he calls in with a sample of his wealth of knowledge. Fuck. Nerds.