Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Hooters waitress Cassie the Pig: Whose side are you on?
Hooters 101 64.33%
Cassie 56 35.67%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2010, 02:27 PM   #81 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Man, It's james spader too. that evens out.

And Kurt Russell in space also can be used with... Soldier.

Are you saying "Soldier" is good? Really?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizsquiz View Post
Maybe I'm unduly sentimental because I grew up with them.
You are, they are some of the worst movies. From the writing to the editing. Even as a kid I found them contrived and akward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
why is it always star wars vs star trek. what about us poor star gate fans. (battlestar galactica dosnt count cos the stars in the middle.)
I get into Star Gate becuase it's so campy and silly. Star Gate Universe though seems to be going in a diffrent serrious adult direction though, ala Galactica. Which I prefer.

Galactica is one of my favorite series, except for the last season. Can't rewatch it. But the rest were great.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:39 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Man, It's james spader too. that evens out.

And Kurt Russell in space also can be used with... Soldier.

Are you saying "Soldier" is good? Really?
Damn it, you have me there.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:35 PM   #84 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda herself has the excellent argument about stupid job standards. "If you got the job for stupid weird reasons then they can fire you for stupid weird reasons." (or something like that)
Old 05-22-2010, 12:16 AM   #85 (permalink)

The girl definitely doesn't look fat, and if Doug's assessment of it is accurate, it looks like it's run by one of those fat fucks who have way too high of expectations. Either way, the girl's going to win--I doubt most people are interested in going to a Hooters with shit service and girls who look like the routinely shove their fingers down their throat.

As for Star Wars...it's certainly not high-grade cinema, but if Empire or Return is on TV, I'll totally watch it. The prequels are fucking terrible, though.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:44 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
You are, they are some of the worst movies. From the writing to the editing. Even as a kid I found them contrived and akward.
You said "Contrived and awkward" when you were a kid? Wow, you were very smart.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:58 AM   #87 (permalink)

Star Wars was never meant to be anything more adult than what you see on Nickelodeon. A five year old should be able to enjoy it. Are people really giving a lot of shit to movies made with five year olds in mind? It's less awesome to me as an adult, but once I have kids, I expect it to increase in awesome again.

Can you think of a better movie for five year olds that parents can also enjoy?

And the first scene in RotS is awesome.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:41 AM   #88 (permalink)

Anything by Pixar, for example.

Or the Indiana Jones Series (Mostly "Raiders" and the rest at very lower scale)

But i meantioned that more than once in my posts: i understand perfectly the love for those movies when you are a 5 year old. I totally do not get how an adult can appreciate the. Again, with the exception of "Empire Strikes Back" and if we want to include the prequels, part of RotS, the rest of the movies are verbose, boring and uninteresting to me as an adult.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:56 AM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
Star Wars was never meant to be anything more adult than what you see on Nickelodeon.

I don't buy this for a minute. The film is loosely based on Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress. Lucas did not make this movie for kids.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #90 (permalink)

That's ambiguous. Apparently, now, after doing that horrifying cartoon with fart jokes and jedi apprentice who call each other "skipper", he says that the whole series was for kids and adults complaining are idiots.

I agree with his statement, but back then he said that he wanted to create a modern epic saga with big themes and a wide scope.

I have this suspicion that now he's hiding behind that "it's for kids!" stuff to justify the fact that his ideas were silly in the beginning and plain ridiculous now.

Two things more: "For kids" doesnt mean stupid and juvenile. There's plenty of animated movies or kis oriented stuff that isnt plain stupid or with retardedly goofy characters (see jar jar or even the ewoks). Any pixar movie, anything by miyazaki, and most of the warner bros animations. Now, spooky, you can deny that all you want and say that i'm mentioning overrated names (like usually most movie snobs do when miyazaki comes up) and i could still name more kid movies that were better done than star wars.

Monster Squad, The Goonies, anything by the early jim henson studio, the adventure movies with Ray Harryhausen's works (like the sinbad movies), Watership Down...

Star Wars had cool moments. Good directors that werent Lucas made the best episodes. The whole sxcope of the series was a good idea. But then Lucas' bad wiring, dated ideas, excess of greediness and complete inability to get what exactly makes a movie enetrtaining without sounding cheesy, ruined the series. And makes tthe whole franchise look like a rotten corpse now.