Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you micro party?
Yes. If you got the time, you don’t need the means. It gets done when it’s groovy. 265 66.92%
No. 131 33.08%
Voters: 396. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4Likes

Old 05-29-2010, 10:26 AM   #81 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Listening to the show now and even though I have shed some tears I'm trying to look at it as the next chapter of KATG. You guys are amazing together, relationship or not, so I have no worries that the show will continue on to be one of the highlights of my days. Best to you, Keith and Chemda! Love you both!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #82 (permalink)

I suppose I don't have anything to say that others haven't mentioned previously, but this is very difficult news.

In a weird, internet-esque, but rather real way, I liked being able to count on your relationship. Early on, it was–what I thought to be–the look and sound of a genuine (romantic) love between two people.

It's not as though the show has diminished at all, but the cadence between you two has been different in the post-Lauren period (not that I am associating any blame with her, or anyone. Lauren is great). It's just that, when she came into the picture I started to notice that the "I love you baby's" were pretty much gone.

Ah well. As much as I wish it weren't so; nothing is permanent–least of all the state of feelings. I very much thank the two of you for continuing on with the show. KATG remains one of the bright spots in my day, and is still one of two programs I never miss.

Thank you for being so real and entertaining.
My best to the both of you,
-ThaddW
Old 05-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #83 (permalink)

i actually cried after listening. i haven't even finished the episode yet, it hurts me to hear you two talking about it.
my stomach is churning... i feel like I just broke up with my boyfriend. it feels as if my parents are divorcing. i don't know what to think... the thought of this makes me ill.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:37 AM   #84 (permalink)

In the summer of 2006, I drove to a field off of I95 outside of Gainesville where I filled my head full of mushroom tea and for one brief, intense moment, peered into the ether. I wrote "Keith and Chemda will reveal to the world their seperation (sic) during episode 1190" on the back of a napkin, put the napkin in a cigar box and buried it on the shoulder of the interstate. I never told anyone about my revelation because I was concerned that people might try to take advantage of my clairvoyance. I took a picture of the napkin lying atop a copy of that day's daily newspaper, but due in no small part to the heaps of goodwill I have accrued in the community over the last several years, I see no reason that anybody wouldn't take me on my word that I am a psychic.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #85 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quick, give me the PowerBall numbers for the next drawing!
Old 05-29-2010, 11:13 AM   #86 (permalink)

Was it me? Was it my fault? Wasn't I a good enough listener? I swear I'll listen harder! I'll post more on the forums. I'll tell more friends.
I'll donate more. I'll put up stickers. Hell I'll buy a Party! Super Party! Package.
Just no. Please no!
Old 05-29-2010, 11:21 AM   #87 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

And next year's KATG award for most shocking moment on the show goes to...

This whole episode. I thought that this would make me much more sad than it did. It helped to know that they had been broken up for a year and a half and that they are all fine with it. They have consistently been putting out excellent shows.

I just feel bad that they had to do it all by theirselves essentially. I cannot imagine how hard it would have been to keep pretending to the world that you are a couple while still trying to go through the natural mourning of the relationship process. Plus with them seeing each other constantly, major, major kudos to them. It goes to show how strong they each are as individuals and hell, if this doesn't show how much they care about their fans, I don't know what does. Anyone who has gone through a break up, no matter how mutual, can probably attest that you don't feel like doing SHIT afterwards. It wouldn't have surprised me if they hadn't wanted to see each other for a while.

I also feel really bad about the whole Lauren thing and the shit that Chemda took for that. I can't imagine, finally being able to somewhat move on and to have a ton of people shitting on you without knowing all the information.

I definitly do not blame them for not telling us sooner. They had signed the contract when they had no reason to believe that their relationship would end. A contract is a contract and it would not have benefited anyone for them to break it. That book is one of my favorites.

I look forward to hearing Keith's fucked up dating stories.

I wish them both the best of luck and am very grateful that they are still willing to continue with the show despite the end of their romantic relationship.

TEAM KATG for life.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:22 AM   #88 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I dont want to sound like an asshole guys, but... You all know that the show will still be on, right? And that they were broken up for a year?

I think that mostly we owe them more than a thousand babillions for coping with their own stuff and still having the guts to not only amuse us, but give us advice and handle all our cwybaby big pwoblems.

If anything, i feel like a douche for ever whining for anything, admire these two people's huge, shining balls and promise to support them even when they're old people. If i dont die first, but then i'll make sure my kids do.

Huge balls. Huuuuuuuuge.

ADD: Littlp, you're one of the greats.

Last edited by Junkenstein; 05-29-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:23 AM   #89 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Like many here, I don't think I can really add anything to what has already been said, but like an asshole that only posts occasionally, I must speak my mind.

I cried like a bitch. It hurts. Mom and Dad divorcing, brining up old memories of past relationships breaking up, the whole nine. I even went through a brief period where I thought the reason you two were bringing up the haters in the past couple of shows was because you blame them. I even went so far as to think that maybe it was my fault, like a little kid, learning of his parents divorce. But I'm an adult and I realized that's all nonsense.

Keith was only partially right, almost all of us didn't know, but we are all delusional if we can't now go back and feel it. Like the end of Sixth Sense, if you didn't already see it coming (and I'll assume you didn't), there are signs and clues.

I've been going back through past episodes even before this revelation and am noticing slight differences. Chemda not laughing as much at Keith's humorous rants, and sometimes sighing at them, Keith not saying "I love you, baby" much if not at all, and the stories of you two being romantic together waning. It was all there.

While I applaud Keith and Chemda for their candor, and their fortitude in continuing the show, you cannot definitively say that the show hasn't or will not change.

It is changed forever, and I don't know how to deal with it. Why does this make me so sad? Like the end of anything, I find myself asking why, and not getting any answers.

I know this will only hurt for a while, and I will get over it, but I reserve the right to hate feeling like this.

I am a romantic at heart, and maybe that's a significant part of why this affects me so deeply.

I know the show won't end, but the show as we knew it has, long ago. Your disclosure, while admirable, only sheds light on that fact.

I am and always have been a loyal, contributing, fan of the show, but I must admit, I will listen to the show from now on with the feeling in the pit of my stomach that I can only describe as that feeling you get when you see an ex-lover with another.

I'm sorry, Keith and Chemda, I know everything wasn't easy. I know it takes a certain kind of awesome to continue on when things aren't what they seem. And I know the "show must go on," but I have to hurt for now. I have to feel what I'm feeling in order to get through it. It sucks, I am broken hearted, and I have lost a little faith. Not in the show, and not in you two, but in the concepts of love and relationships.

I hope you understand. This is one-sided (a single fan's perspective), seemingly assholish post, is not meant to be harmful in any way... just a way for me to heal.

Why does this affect me so much? Maybe it's because I love you guys so much, and loved that you two loved each other so much, that I ache deeply at it's ending.

I think I've said enough. I honestly don't know where to go from here, but I do know that I will not leave the show. My unsubscribe button remains untouched. And I will continue to contribute in any way I can.

Just promise us all that you won't hold back again. I know you had to this time, but for the sake of everyone involved, continue to share everything with us. It's what makes the show great, and it's what gives the show it's heart.

I love you both.

P.S. While you two have already been through it over a year ago, it's still fresh for me and many of your other listeners. You understand it will take time to cope with the reality of it, much like you did in your more deeply personal way, but we all need to do it in our own specific to us way.

Last edited by Zomniac; 05-29-2010 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Added a P.S. clarification.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:26 AM   #90 (permalink)

Glad

I'm happy this bullshit ass relationship is "over", but something tells me not to believe it. I call bullshit, BUT, if it is real it's funny how quick you guys are able to accept it and be totally fine with it. The some bunch of assholes that got upset when Danny Lobell ran his little "bit". For a show that claims they're so honest and they put their lives out in the open, this is one of the most misleading, biggest lies EVER in the history of KATG. Danny should be allowed back now you fucking LIARS! You all belong together....