Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1191: The Morning After (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1191-morning-after-15166/)

Keith 06-01-2010 05:30 PM

1191: The Morning After

"I don't owe you anything. My life is more important than your entertainment."

www.Newsychu.com

www.KyleJThompson.com

Bucho 06-01-2010 05:40 PM

KEITH: "I don't owe you anything."

Boom. There it is. That's a huge part of what so many of the people who took this negatively (and as if it was all about them) are missing. KATG don't owe you anything except entertainment. They're not the president. They're not your teachers. They're not your doctor. They're not your pilot. They're not your Mom and Dad. Their only job is to entertain and KATG don't pretend to be anything other than entertainers.

So many people need to get their heads out of their asses and get some perspective on what KATG really is. It's hilarious and fascinating entertainment. To me that's awesome. To me that's more than plenty. Why the fuck is that not enough for others?

The new show slogan should be: "Keith and The Girl talk shit. THEY ARE NOT YOUR PARENTS."

(You get a pass if you're under 20. When you're under 20 you're supposed to invest emotionally in entertainers because you don't have a real brain yet and you need something to fill the void. Your head is supposed to be up your ass. Just remember to include your age when you write in.)

In other feedback, Keith reading Oie's letter as if he was taking the gobbledegook seriously was so hilarious I really did almost piss myself.

DionJ 06-01-2010 05:45 PM

I know I was all claiming that this must be a joke after Friday's show, but this show really cemented their break-up entirely. They announced my post on the air and that was mildly embarrassing. I was definitely in some sort of denial, trying to believe there's some way that this isn't true... But it's cool. I respect Keith and Chemda so much and the fact that they have weathered this storm only increases that respect. I think I'm going to buy that relationship book, lol, as embarrassing as that seems (Should I feel embarrassed?).

I'm totally going to continue listening until KATG falls apart (and considering the popularity, I doubt that is coming). I thought Chemda's comments about "if this isn't financially viable" was a little scary, to be honest. It kind of made me think that they aren't doing very well with this, although I totally can't imagine how that could be. I'm going to donate something immediately.

Thank you Keith and Chemda for sticking through this; I totally appreciate all the work you have done to bring this to us and I intend to continue to contribute to help you keep this thing going. :)

Edit: Just donated $10! Thank you KATG!

thepetek 06-01-2010 05:49 PM

First poll I've ever voted in, I think. After a very fun weekend of forums nonsense, let me state my complaints. There are footnotes.

1) Keith and Chemda should break up more often *

* I got nothing.

hayroob 06-01-2010 05:56 PM

Perfect. Cathartic in the extreme.

If you hear this show and you don't think KATG is going to continue being stellar than there's no helping you.

Preston Buttons 06-01-2010 06:03 PM

Maybe it's just co-relation but I found the show really hit a professional stride in the past year and a half.

Fuck all the crybabies that don't understand relationships or contracts. Or life.

D-Rex 06-01-2010 06:04 PM

This show has had ups, downs, laughter, and now I've cried. Keith and Chemda are two of the most honost and funny people today. I know the show will continue to be fantastic and my finger will NEVER hover over the unsubscribe button. Keith and The Girl has helped me through some of the hardest times in my life and will continue to in the future. I love you Keith and Chemda and appreciate you and your honosty.

Thank you, David.

Preston Buttons 06-01-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preston Buttons (Post 652131)
Maybe it's just co-relation but I found the show really hit a professional stride in the past year and a half.

Fuck all the crybabies that don't understand relationships or contracts. Or life.

Let's be clear for the dummies: I'm not saying the show sucked before a year and a half ago. I didn't start listening in 2005 and stay listening for no reason.

bofadeeznizzles 06-01-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho (Post 652123)
KEITH: "I don't owe you anything."

Boom. There it is. That's a huge part of what so many of the people who took this negatively (and as if it was all about them) are missing. KATG don't owe you anything except entertainment.

I think this boils down to philosophical difference. I, like some, believe that everyone owes a duty of respect to everyone else. With that respect comes honesty. So, I get why people think Keith and Chemda owe them honesty. I think it's a vast oversimplification to just be able to say "I don't owe you anything" and then "oh yeah, i've been pissing in your applejuice for some time now" and expect everyone to be ok with it.

That said, I agree that they do great work and they had to do what they had to do. Just trying to be fair to the other side here. :)

Nadox 06-01-2010 06:21 PM

Fuck Yeah , Suck Yeah!!!
Great Show!!! Nothing but love for those who can move on!!
And for those who cant some useful tips!!!
To all the fatties (Oatmeal on a Hotdug Bun)
To all the cutters i suggest the (Eye Lids/Ankles) its less visible

Sukitezz
N, Out