Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who is more in the right?
Doug Stanhope 213 93.01%
Bobbie Barnett 16 6.99%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2010, 05:46 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Doug is the only one who made the comedy music mixing right.

I loved the music on the last two Hicks albums, but it was distracting. And as marvelous as Pat's "Goodbye forever fatty" is, i could've done without those music tracks.
I think there's something to the accusation that many stand-ups are wannabe rockstars/musicians which is why they keep crow-barring music into their sets.

In other news, behold the giant, mutant belly-button Doug was talking about on that Red Eye clip...

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:04 AM   #22 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Well in the Hicks biography many of the testimonials say that he wanted to be a rockstar first and went to comedy as plan b.

Harder to say about Doug, since he was a telemarketer (picture that...)
Old 06-11-2010, 06:05 AM   #23 (permalink)

Just Saying wats up for the first time.

My older sister got me into the show a few months ago. I was skeptical at first but you guys won me over almost instantly and I've been listening ever since. Writing from Nairobi, Kenya, Keith you can use ur globe to find it..hint in Africa. Gearing up for the world cup you guys are American so I'm guessing ur probly not even aware it's going on.

On to more relevant stuff, like Doug Stanhope Gary Coleman's wife definately snuffed him out poor dude. On the break up didn't notice any difference (sister made me listen to some of the first episodes). Glad that it's still going on and it seems like you people are doing just fine without the GF BF tag.

Anyways big fan might stat donating if I ever get back to New York not sure you guys would take shillings(kenyan) currency)
Old 06-11-2010, 07:52 AM   #24 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

fuck you, mr. african dude, did she tell you about that, too?

welcome
Old 06-11-2010, 08:33 AM   #25 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by africandude View Post

Anyways big fan might stat donating if I ever get back to New York not sure you guys would take shillings(kenyan) currency)
Now that is no excuse at all - the magic of paypal will take care of converting the shillings same way it does for my EURO donations

Last edited by Lanfear; 06-11-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #26 (permalink)

Hell of a home run, getting Stanhope in. I'll sacrifice a week of Patrice for a guest like this. This is one of those moments that really make the show gold for me.
I'm even more jazzed to learn about Stanhope's Canadian dates. He's coming to my city, so there's no way I can miss this. Short of inventing a time machine and jetting back to see Bill Hicks, I can't think of another standup comedian I would rather see live.
Now whose leg would I have to hump to get him to sign a CD for me?
Old 06-11-2010, 08:43 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Now that is no excuse at all - the magic of paypal will take care of converting the shillings same way it does not my EURO donations
What the nice blonde lady said.

Paypal converts from any currency into dollars and it's easy and hassle free.

If you got a credit card there's no excuse for not giving recurring donations. And if you aint got a card you can get a pre-paid one which works like a charm.

Really, they have set their minimum to 5 dollars a month. in this economy even a handjob costs more than that.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:46 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
Hell of a home run, getting Stanhope in. I'll sacrifice a week of Patrice for a guest like this. This is one of those moments that really make the show gold for me.
I'm even more jazzed to learn about Stanhope's Canadian dates. He's coming to my city, so there's no way I can miss this. Short of inventing a time machine and jetting back to see Bill Hicks, I can't think of another standup comedian I would rather see live.
Now whose leg would I have to hump to get him to sign a CD for me?
He's super approachable and down to earth after the shows. If you go see him live and catch him, he'll sign whatever you want, take pictures, and even have a chat with you. Even if he doesnt say it out loud and jokes about it, he ADORES his fans.

ADD: Gotta point out: KATG has probably the exclusive feature of having Doug Stanhope reading a prayer. I think even his hardest fans have NEVER heard that. Kudos

Last edited by Junkenstein; 06-11-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by africandude View Post
Gearing up for the world cup you guys are American so I'm guessing ur probly not even aware it's going on.
Good Morning, Attitude McGee. Around here, we love America. USA. #1. Gold Medal. Where were you when my heart was verily exploding in anticipation for the BCS National Championship, huh? Africa. You gave no shits. Don't be calling the kettle black if the stove's hot, sucka.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:38 AM   #30 (permalink)

awesome awesome show! Counting down to Doug's Oct 30 date in Chicago.

Great fucking show.