Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who is more in the right?
Doug Stanhope 213 93.01%
Bobbie Barnett 16 6.99%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipTGirl View Post
I like that guests aren't advertised or put on the calender BEFORE the show.
Now, when I listen to a new episode, finding out who the guest is is always a nice surprise.
My sarcasm meter, she is broken. But if you click on the showtime, and they know the guest, it will show up. So if you like to be surprised, don't do that. Stanhope has been 'advertised' for...at least a few days.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:24 PM   #62 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

It's Stanhope's vocabulary and the kind of beat-up drunken street poetry of his articulations that put him ahead of the pack. The eloquence shown in that letter is just the text version of what he does on stage. Stand-up is part coming up with funny ideas and part making word and structure choices to express those ideas. Stanhope is a 50th dan black belt master at both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
And besides that, the america-bashing always makes us look like uptight assholes. Especially when it concerns silly stuff like the world cup.
No, it's the opposite Junk. When it's silly stuff like The World Cup it's just meaningless, playful banter. It's the anti-US sentiments regarding politics and foreign policy that can make Europeans look like uptight (and usually uninformed) assholes.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:37 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepetek View Post
My sarcasm meter, she is broken. But if you click on the showtime, and they know the guest, it will show up. So if you like to be surprised, don't do that. Stanhope has been 'advertised' for...at least a few days.
I really do love the forums – no one takes any bullshit and everyone busts each other’s balls.
But seriously, we’re not all mastermind bullshitters. Some of us are just plain stupid. And we sound sarcastic when we’re not.
Like me.
Seriously, I think my brain is broken – I didn’t know this past week’s guests (Jesse Joyce, Doug Stanhope) were listed on the calendar

Well, thanks for letting me know, but I DO like surprises so I probably won’t be checking anyway.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipTGirl View Post
I really do love the forums – no one takes any bullshit and everyone busts each other’s balls.
But seriously, we’re not all mastermind bullshitters. Some of us are just plain stupid. And we sound sarcastic when we’re not.
Like me.
Seriously, I think my brain is broken – I didn’t know this past week’s guests (Jesse Joyce, Doug Stanhope) were listed on the calendar

Well, thanks for letting me know, but I DO like surprises so I probably won’t be checking anyway.
I honestly can't tell anymore, and I hesitated to mention that you could find out, because if you really like not knowing, but are too OCD to resist, I would be ruining your high.

I apologize if I was too snarky. For those that want to know, now you know. For those who don't, please ignore my post.

I'm don't pretend to be smarter, by the way, just like the clicky clicky.

It seems they post guests as they become solid, but this should not in any way be taken as an official statement. The calendar is a neat tool, well integrated. Check it out.

But yeah, have you seen the sons of bitches around here? I gotta stay on my toes.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
No, it's the opposite Junk. When it's silly stuff like The World Cup it's just meaningless, playful banter. It's the anti-US sentiments regarding politics and foreign policy that can make Europeans look like uptight (and usually uninformed) assholes.
Granted, if the US got into the World Cup, it would be a scant few hours before Europe was talking about how we ruined it, but most of Junk's complaints about his country could be applied to mine.

I think European Anti US sentiment is a useful check to maintain balance, but when it filters down to individuals, it can be a bit rough. But then a lot of my fellow USticans can be douches, so I'm not sure I can blame them. Turns out if you don't instadouche, you can get along with Italian robots. Who knew?

OK, that's not fair. I probably did intadouche.

Frankly, someone has to be quaint, and Vermont only has so much traction.

Hell, I knew where Madagascar was, but I've spent my whole life thinking NZ was West of Australia. Til I started making dog fucking jokes. Open dialogue is useful, otherwise we would have been dropping bombs into the empty ocean. Shit. I said too much.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:14 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
I honestly can't tell anymore, and I hesitated to mention that you could find out, because if you really like not knowing, but are too OCD to resist, I would be ruining your high.

I apologize if I was too snarky. For those that want to know, now you know. For those who don't, please ignore my post.

I'm don't pretend to be smarter, by the way, just like the clicky clicky.

It seems they post guests as they become solid, but this should not in any way be taken as an official statement. The calendar is a neat tool, well integrated. Check it out.

But yeah, have you seen the sons of bitches around here? I gotta stay on my toes.
My first post was pretty stupid, and my second post did have a bit of sarcasm and then your replies were kind of funny, so I think it’s all gravy.

And yeah, I totally get it. I've been around the forums - my post could have definitely been misconstrued.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #67 (permalink)

listening to it now, fucking aces!
Old 06-11-2010, 10:05 PM   #68 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Granted, if the US got into the World Cup, it would be a scant few hours before Europe was talking about how we ruined it, but most of Junk's complaints about his country could be applied to mine.
All the more reason you yanks should be climbing on board The World Game. Taunting Europeans is what you guys do best. Any American who doesn't support their boys at the Greatest Sporting Tournament On Earth isn't a real American. ABC says so.

"Tyranny is not easily conquered ..."

Old 06-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
All the more reason you yanks should be climbing on board The World Game. Taunting Europeans is what you guys do best
Sometimes we have to mow the lawn.

Quote:
Any American who doesn't support their boys at the Greatest Sporting Tournament On Earth isn't a real American.
Hey, the Jets almost made it to the big game this yea...oh, that's not what you meant.

Quote:
ABC says so.
To be fair, we don't get the Australian Broadcasting Network in this hemisphere (well, if you don't count FOX) and we''d only watch it if 'Young Einstein' was on.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:52 PM   #70 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I damned near convulsed when he dropped Bobbie's new current name and location. Epic episode.