Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who is more in the right?
Doug Stanhope 213 93.01%
Bobbie Barnett 16 6.99%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2010, 01:16 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
I damned near convulsed when he dropped Bobbie's new current name and location. Epic episode.
Damn I must have missed that reference. I went and looked at the Dennis Miller show clip that Keith posted and that was brilliant. This show was awesome as well, KATG have a great way of pulling great info from their guests without sounding like assholes. Great interview.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:19 AM   #72 (permalink)

This episode was fucking awesome. Doug is my favorite comedian without question. He's doing a Vegas show Aug 31 and I can't wait
Old 06-12-2010, 02:31 AM   #73 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

This might not make a lot of sense but, there have been many guests on the show that I've never heard of that were amazing. From performers who are trying to make it in the entertainment business like Jessie Joyce to people like Adam Brown, Spookie, mikeb, etc. So many dynamics, but I have to admit there are guests I guess because of popular culture, that I'm just star struck.

At first the episode was different for me, I'm nervous, it's not my show, I have nothing to do with it in the least, but because of my history of listening to the show and knowing what Keith thinks of Doug, I get insane nervous about how it's going to play out. I wouldn't call myself a super fan as far as KATG goes, not sure how that could be interrupted, I don't post as much. I'm not a part of a "team". The list goes on and on but I guess what I'm trying to say is, this episode makes me super excited. I always try to promote KATG on boards like Joe Rogan etc. Being an "internet nerd" i'm on a number of boards and every once in a while someone asks about podcasts references and this is pretty much the only one I have so....

It's just great to hear KATG be successful.

/end rant

ps I'm wasted...

pps don't judge me
Old 06-12-2010, 02:35 AM   #74 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

ps in response to the picture on this episode labeled "the heart wants what is wants" listen to "the heart asks pleasure first"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UaHl3d8Rlg
Old 06-12-2010, 03:36 AM   #75 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
No, it's the opposite Junk. When it's silly stuff like The World Cup it's just meaningless, playful banter. It's the anti-US sentiments regarding politics and foreign policy that can make Europeans look like uptight (and usually uninformed) assholes.
That too, but dont you think that the whole "americans dont know shit about the World Cup" sounds eerily like the classic "americans dont know anything about history, cultur, art and anything beides their own silly capitalist country".

They're not the same but they go hand in hand (especially wit the frenchies, but they're filthy rotten cunts) and makes us look like a bunch of snobby jealous haters.

I always thought and still think that the line between playful banter and sheer vitriolic sarcasm is very fuzzy at best.

PS: As always, your description of The Great White Stanhope was aces babillion. You rule, kiwi-man.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:27 AM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
They're not the same but they go hand in hand (especially wit the frenchies, but they're filthy rotten cunts) and makes us look like a bunch of snobby jealous haters.
hah! . Europeans hate other europeans far more than they dislike the Americans. 500 million people, dozens of different languages, and everyone fucking hates each other. That's why we've been warring the shit out of each other for all these years. It's quite funny really.

"Britain has had the same foreign policy objective for at least the last 500 years: to create a disunited Europe. In that cause we have fought with the Dutch against the Spanish, with the Germans against the French, with the French and Italians against the Germans, and with the French against the Germans and Italians."

I listened to the show again and it blew my bollocks off. Absolute diamond episode. Keith cracked Stanhope up so many times it was awesome. I'm gutted I missed the live video. Is it saved anywhere for posterity?
Old 06-12-2010, 07:10 AM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon View Post
This might not make a lot of sense but, there have been many guests on the show that I've never heard of that were amazing. From performers who are trying to make it in the entertainment business like Jessie Joyce to people like Adam Brown, Spookie, mikeb, etc. So many dynamics, but I have to admit there are guests I guess because of popular culture, that I'm just star struck.

At first the episode was different for me, I'm nervous, it's not my show, I have nothing to do with it in the least, but because of my history of listening to the show and knowing what Keith thinks of Doug, I get insane nervous about how it's going to play out. I wouldn't call myself a super fan as far as KATG goes, not sure how that could be interrupted, I don't post as much. I'm not a part of a "team". The list goes on and on but I guess what I'm trying to say is, this episode makes me super excited...
I feel/felt the same way. I like the variety and it's shit like this that I love to see/hear. In all the ways you pointed out...Also, I WANT DICE!
Old 06-12-2010, 08:39 AM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
"Britain has had the same foreign policy objective for at least the last 500 years: to create a disunited Europe. In that cause we have fought with the Dutch against the Spanish, with the Germans against the French, with the French and Italians against the Germans, and with the French against the Germans and Italians."
I mostly hate French people because i stayed in Paris for a month and i've never been treated with such open spite in my life. Of course wherever i go i get the usual jokes about Italians (although not in London or Dublin), but in France 80% of people i met was openly condescending, plaind down xenophic and more often than not, just trying to pick fights with me. I loved how they started teling each other racist stuff about me in french, thinking i wouldnt understand them, when i'm quite fluent in french.

I still cringe whenever i hear their fucking accent and their goddamn attitude. They made me a xenophobe and i've always been a traveler.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:38 AM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
I damned near convulsed when he dropped Bobbie's new current name and location. Epic episode.
"OOOOOH I'M DRINKING! OOOOOH I CANT HOLD MY TONGUE!"

Awesome.

"Booooy for saaaaaleeee!"
Old 06-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #80 (permalink)

Doug was fucking awesome, I hope this isn't just a one-off.