Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1204: A Right Good Scrum (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1204-right-good-scrum-15251/)

Keith 06-21-2010 09:07 PM

1204: A Right Good Scrum

"We're talkin' about, 'You're fuckin' my mom.'"

Ancestor | Scott Sigler: New York Times Bestselling Author

dark_lobo 06-22-2010 12:28 AM

In my humble opinion, the waterpick might puncture your eardrum. My experience was with a huge syringe with no needle filled with warm water, water is shoot into the ear, earwax comes out. Please try this "gentler" way before the waterpick. This was done by my ear doctor and I've had no problems since.

DWarrior 06-22-2010 01:16 AM

I'm not at all "thrilled," as you say, that this candle business didn't work. But remember what information you used to justify it: it all started as a "who gives a shit if it's a scam, it's $2." It ended up costing you over $70, and you were lucky no permanent damage was done via melting wax, or you'd have to go to the "idiot doctors" and pay thousands more to get your ear fixed. Maybe the nerds have a point with all this debunking afterall.

And if you do choose to go with a prayer, just get one off the internet and don't pay some scumbag another dime. FYI, there have been scientific studies done debunking prayers, and not by Mythbusters.

Why don't we just stick with science. Why does science work? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

And don't use a waterpik: http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2008/09/...ndle-or-q-tip/ SAID BY SCIENTISTS ON THE WALL STREET JOURNAL!!!!!!!

Finally, to get liquid out of your ear, usually just laying down facing up (so that the ear is horizontal) works for me, then as you feel stuff pour out, tip to the side.

Keith 06-22-2010 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWarrior (Post 655439)
Why don't we just stick with science. To get liquid out of your ear, usually just laying down facing up (so that the ear is horizontal) works for me, then as you feel stuff pour out, tip to the side.

That's Science?

DWarrior 06-22-2010 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 655445)
That's Science?

No, that was regarding you saying you don't know how to get liquid out of your ear. I'll edit it for better structure.

truetimer 06-22-2010 04:19 AM

Headphones and ear problems

Hey Keith...I am sure you have had a billion emails with remedies and theories on your ear problems, but here is another one... Not a remedy, but perhaps a cause???
Just wanted to let you know, that as a musician, I often notice increased wax build up after wearing headphones for long periods :eek:. I think its caused by the volume and vibrations caused by wearing headphones, but it increases wax build up in my ear for sure. Perhaps your problems are somewhat caused or at least aggravated by wearing headphones for the show every day. I am no expert here, but I assume my ears build up more wax to protect themselves from the loudness when playing live or recording with headphones on.

kat666 06-22-2010 05:51 AM

ooh truetimer I think you could be right! headphones would definatly make it way worse.

i also have recurring problems with earwax for years, I have asked every doctor who has taken it out and they all say don't use cotton buds. Apparently my ear holes are just smaller than normal and all I can do is go back there whenever it builds up too much. A few also said I could try and use a little bit of olive oil heated warm not hot, to wash out the ear, but I would probably have to come back anyway.

But it sounds crazy expensive, here in Germany I pay 30 euros thats without insurance...

BrianAlt 06-22-2010 07:26 AM

One word...

PSYCHOSOMATIC!

If you had only believed it would work, then it actually would have worked! Oh, Keith, your faith really is waning.

ArchAvis 06-22-2010 07:40 AM

Keith, lie on your side and pour a capful of peroxide in each ear. It will bubble like mad and probably tickle, but after a minute or so you'll feel the wax rise to the top. When the bubbling stops, you can switch ears. Tip your ear into a towel/tissue/whatever to clear.

I've done this for years and I haven't had any problems. Just be sure to clear any excess liquid with a Q-tip so there isn't any liquid buildup.

truetimer 06-22-2010 08:18 AM

oh no

Hey Keith try this....

Take a large steak skewer and jam it into your ear hole until you almost hit your brain. Be sure not to go too deep cuz if you do hit your brain you may end up slightly retarded, in which case the only job you will be able to get is that of an ear doctor, or Q tip manufacturer. Now once the meat skewer is in your ear, twist and turn it about 6 or 7 times. Now violently rip it out of your ear, the rougher the better to remove the most wax. If more blood and body tissue is removed than actual ear wax, then you have done something wrong and should try agian... I have been doing this for years and find it helpful... You could also use a red hot poker to melt the ear wax and the by gently tipping your head to the side, allow the offending liquid to drain from your ear, leaving your ears clear and unblocked as if by magic. Of course do not leave the red hot poker in your ear for too long, that would just be silly.

Another option if all else fails is to take a funnel, and shove it deep into your ear. Now pour hydrochloric acid into the funnel and allow it to fill up in your ear. Do not be alarmed by the extreme pain, this just means its working. Once it feels like most of the wax is dilluted by acid, tip your head to the side allowing wax and acid to drain out. Works like a dream. Trust me, my grandmother used this on me many times when I was younger.

Otherwise cut your fucking head off and learn to talk out of your ass, its worked for me... who needs to hear anyways???