Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who was more in the right regarding getting together?
Keith was. Tommy should’ve realized how late it was and just went into the city. 31 22.96%
Tommy was. Keith said he’d meet Tommy at a certain place. Tommy was right to wait. 104 77.04%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2010, 01:53 AM   #31 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepetek View Post
When we were kids we used to make a fist and take one of those butane lighters and just pour the gas in til you could FEEL it and then flick the flint and open our hands. WHOOSH!!!

One guy I knew was so bold as to fill his mouth and breathe out. Pretty cool.
Thanks to Gene Simmons, I've singed my eyebrows on occasion back in the day.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:56 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty View Post
Thanks to Gene Simmons, I've singed my eyebrows on occasion back in the day.

But has Gene Simmons ever complained about his ears?
Old 06-23-2010, 07:55 AM   #33 (permalink)

That article telling people to sunbathe is reckless. As Chemda said, everything in moderation. You can get Vitamin D from fish and most dairy products (which are fortified with it) and any additional requirements are easily gained by taking a basic daily multivitamin.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #34 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

With regards to the discussion of breast feeding women in public...

Fuck 'em.

Nothing, in my mind, is more intimidating as a man than taking your infant daughter into a "parents" room to feed and change her diaper and having a bunch of breast feeding women regard you with contempt because you dare have a penis, a Baby Bjorn and a bottle...and you aren't afraid to use it.

SUUUURRREEE...there is an increasing expectation on men to be pro-active as fathers and to dive in and do the heavy work when it is required of us but GOD FORBID we should deign to use a public facility that has a fucking sign on it saying "parents" room.

I'm not sure what argument I just tried to make then but ahh well "Enter"!

And with regards to Scott's excellent observations about Australia's national game...

GO BOMBERS!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post

GO BOMBERS!!!
gay gay GAY gay
Old 06-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #36 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepetek View Post
When we were kids we used to make a fist and take one of those butane lighters and just pour the gas in til you could FEEL it and then flick the flint and open our hands. WHOOSH!!!

One guy I knew was so bold as to fill his mouth and breathe out. Pretty cool.

That might melt wax, and it never hurt any of us, and we were dumb kids.
I'm reminded of one of Richard P Feynman's anecdotes

"They got the benzine ready, I stuck my hand in the water in the sink and then into the benzine and lit it... and it hurt like hell! You see, in the meantime I had grown hairs on the back of my hand, which acted like wicks and held the benzine in place while it burned, whereas when I had done it [as a kid] I had no hairs on the back of my hand."
Old 06-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #37 (permalink)

Sigler is always so great on the show -- a real genuine sounding guy. So I went ahead and bought one of his books for the first time, just because he's the kind of down to earth, approachable author that I want to support. Ancestor sounds like a cross between Jurassic Park and that caveman movie where they wake the dude up after being frozen in ice.

I also was cracking up every time Keith would throw out some weird phrase that caught Chemda off guard: "Crank yanking" and "keep the basement flooded" where the ones that made her stop and go, "What?" LOL!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:31 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Sigler is always so great on the show -- a real genuine sounding guy. So I went ahead and bought one of his books for the first time, just because he's the kind of down to earth, approachable author that I want to support. Ancestor sounds like a cross between Jurassic Park and that caveman movie where they wake the dude up after being frozen in ice.

I also was cracking up every time Keith would throw out some weird phrase that caught Chemda off guard: "Crank yanking" and "keep the basement flooded" where the ones that made her stop and go, "What?" LOL!
I see TDO has won over another convert. Don't forget to check out his other books and podcast novels. He can keep you in reading and listening material for the rest of the year (in-between KATG episodes, of course).
Old 06-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #39 (permalink)

What's TDO?

He also caught me at a good time because I'm out of Preston & Child books to read and I'm not really getting into the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which everyone seems to be recommending right now.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:16 AM   #40 (permalink)

The Dark Overlord (aka FDO - Future Dark Overlord)