Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who was more in the right regarding getting together?
Keith was. Tommy should’ve realized how late it was and just went into the city. 31 22.96%
Tommy was. Keith said he’d meet Tommy at a certain place. Tommy was right to wait. 104 77.04%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #41 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Standing up at concerts

Once I had the misfortune to be at a Pat Benetar concert (long story) and I figured I would make the best of the sucky concert by getting into it as much as I could. So when my friends and I stand up to do a little dancing, the crotchity old fucks behind us summoned over the security guard to tell us to sit down. My mind was blown - I was told to sit down at a rock concert. If I was the performer I'd be wondering why everyone was so bored by my performance that they couldn't bother to stand up and rock out a bit.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #42 (permalink)

Also, the movie Shocker is one of those films that I remember fondly even though I don't recall anything other than the execution scene, because I watched it as a kid. I wasn't allowed to watch horror movies but my brother was friends with a kid up the street who was allowed to do whatever the hell he wanted so we always went to his house to watch the contraband. So Porky's, National Lampoon, and the shittiest 80's horror films ever, all watched up at Ryan's house.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:38 AM   #43 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

BeeTeeDubs - Chemda can't thank you enough for getting that Shania song stuck in my head. Oi vay.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:39 AM   #44 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Sigler is always so great on the show -- a real genuine sounding guy. So I went ahead and bought one of his books for the first time, just because he's the kind of down to earth, approachable author that I want to support. Ancestor sounds like a cross between Jurassic Park and that caveman movie where they wake the dude up after being frozen in ice.
Ancestor has definitely rocketed to the top of my reading list. That trailer of his friggin' rocks!

And I believe you are referring to the 1984 film "Iceman" starring Timothy Hutton which was about a group of scientists who discover a 40000 year old Neanderthal man in the ice and revive him.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:20 PM   #45 (permalink)

Scientist talk

I understand why people resent being ripped off by doctors but I don't think they're right to let that resentment colour their opinion of the scientific method in general. Not all scientists are greedy bastards. It's only because of science that we're not dying at 22, of septicaemia resulting from a scratch on the finger, and wondering what the fuck a podcast is.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:28 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAvis View Post
The Dark Overlord (aka FDO - Future Dark Overlord)
Thank you for mind-reading...

Yeah, FDO...
Old 06-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #47 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan Solvent View Post
I understand why people resent being ripped off by doctors but I don't think they're right to let that resentment colour their opinion of the scientific method in general. Not all scientists are greedy bastards. It's only because of science that we're not dying at 22, of septicaemia resulting from a scratch on the finger, and wondering what the fuck a podcast is.
I shit on the scientific method. It's stupid and worthless.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I shit on the scientific method. It's stupid and worthless.
This is why we listen. It's like the audio version of Jackass.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:11 AM   #49 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottperezfox View Post
Glad Keith is turned on to rugby.
Did you understand his descriptions of the game Scott? I don't think he was watching Rugby Union or Rugby League. Maybe Sevens? He said they don't move from one end of the field to the other very fast, which isn't true of either Union or League because a kick can shift play 60-70 meters in 3 seconds. But Sevens has much less kicking and doesn't change ends as quickly. He also said they have other guys who aren't in the match running around on the other end of the field "trying to impress the coach" or something. I didn't get that either.

And he said it's like soccer except they get to hit each other. Ice Hockey or Basketball I guess I could see compared to soccer, because they score by putting the ball into goals and have much more flow and rhythm in their playing patterns than American Football, but the Rugby codes are much more like American Football than soccer.

I think they were at a Sevens tournament, although I still don't get the thing about extra players running around trying to get the coach to notice them.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:58 PM   #50 (permalink)

Was it the Churchill cup?

Churchill Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Rugby union event with the regular US and Canadian teams + the 'A' teams from england etc.