Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: The 3 Silences
Brilliant 145 66.21%
Stupid 74 33.79%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2010, 07:27 AM   #11 (permalink)

3 silences 'eh? That mess doesn't fly for ole Sparrow. I'd get my feelings super super hurt and for what? You get the upper hand, but you're absolutely giving yourself a less secure, less bright, less delightful rather worried woman who is less likely to do all the little sweet sticky things for you that you like. I'll just put myself in the not-fucking-around-for-fucks-sake silly business circle.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

I agree with Chemda about the meatball subs at Subway. I never got the meatball sandwich much. It was only okay to me. Two weeks ago I decided to try it again. I realized I was missing a key ingredient the previous times, when the sandwich artist behind the counter suggested besides my swiss cheese and green peppers, that I add some mozzarella and...(wait for it) Subway's giant slices of pepperoni. The manager chimed in, "it's delicious". Boy oh by were they right. That was the best meatball sub I ever had. But I didn't feel good about it afterward (as a food choice, I mean. Though I may have had a small dose of heartburn too.)

Chemda, why are you shitting on Subway as a healthy alternative? That meatball sub may not have been a healthy choice, but I always assumed the Veggie Sandwich would be okay. Though the high fructose syrup in their 9 grain bread is a bummer. I only got a salad there once, and I agree with Chemda again. Something was "off" about the salad (the veggies in general) and I couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe it is the frozen thing Patrice mentioned.

Have a good time in Boston, Patrice. Stay away from certain "areas" (irish 'hoods). And bring your butt back to NYC in the fall so I can have my Patrice Thursdays back!

Last edited by Andrea's toothbrush; 06-25-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I'm pretty sure scientists have to at least take part in an endeavor that uses the scientific method.

The scientists you read in "according to this scientist..." all have PhDs or are working towards their PhDs.
"Batman is a scientist" - Homer Simpson
Old 06-25-2010, 12:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

The 3 silences is absolutely brilliant. Women pull this shit all the time with texting. Its annoying as fuck and has caused me to break up with several women in the past two years. Lately Ive been trying the ignore the text and call only solution. Its difficult but it brings some substance back into the relationship and eliminates the vagueness of texting. I will definately be trying the 3 silences.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:30 PM   #15 (permalink)

3 silences? brilliant ... bitches? fuck'em! let 'em crawl back!
Old 06-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I discovered i do the 3 silences out of of moodiness.

I dont plan them, but when a girl doesnt text me for a lot, if she pops back up my general reaction is "What does this (mysoginist curse) want?" so i dont even answer for the next text. Thenguilt comes in, she reacts like keith said and i fall back in the spider web.

Note 1: If this is Patrice's goodbye it's the sweetest ever. It was an episode full of love, laughs and warmth. Too many highlights. Would get in my top whatever if i had one.

Note 2: So not only Wacko Jacko touched kids he also turned a poor normal chimp into a sad broken creature. Sad.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:02 PM   #17 (permalink)

Since I got a few emails asking why specifically I'm taking myself to Boston I decided to blog on it....

BRB,BK
Old 06-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #18 (permalink)

In undergrad I asked my physics professor when I could call myself a chemist, and he jokingly (but not) told me after I got my PhD. So I have a couple more years before I will refer to myself as a professional chemist (or scientist), so I think that someone with a PhD in a hard science field is definitely and undebatably a scientist.

I have a friend who is getting a PhD in a soft science (sociology) and after discussing his research, I think it is valid to refer to him as a scientist after he gets his PhD.

For those industry scientists, if they are running labs and not doing tech work, I'll also refer to them as scientists since running a laboratory means they worked their way up and are capable of generating new ideas to keep the lab moving forward.

Everyone else, including economists and political scientists, are not scientists.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Note to fellow message boarders: 3 silences does NOT work on wives apparently.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

When I was a single gentleman I used to do the three silences too. Except it wasn't out of mindgames, it was out of laziness and me not being a fan of texting.