Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: The 3 Silences
Brilliant 145 66.21%
Stupid 74 33.79%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2010, 06:36 AM   #21 (permalink)

Keith, in most likelihood you have an ear infection of god knows what. Just so you can choose better what you can and should do, i'll leave here some info about that. I'm trying to not make it a mega-sluuuurp.. Also, I'm not a doctor nor an health care professional.

Ear infections can have origin on a bacterial infection or a fungal infection (if in the skin a fungal infection is called as a micosis).
Fungal infections can open way to (also) bacterial infections which causes surges in the seriousness of the (general) infection – like surges of (more) pain for one or several weeks.
Bacterial infections are generally solved with antibiotics – albeit an improper treatment schedule or a resistant strain can overcome some antibiotics. Treatment of exposed bacterial infections is accomplished with cleaning the wound as much as possible and taking/applying antibiotics. It is possible to fight bacterial infections by changing their environmental conditions but that's generally not needed.
Fungal infections are much more resilient and there is only one known “antibiotic” with serious side effects. Treatment of exposed fungal infections is usually accomplished with cleaning the wound as much as possible and changing their environmental conditions. After all is tried and after the patient immune system has had the opportunity to acquire some fighting capability towards the infectious fungus, the only human acceptable antifungic can be tried (here it's sold under the brand sporanox, it can fuck up your liver).

So because of this, after antibiotic treatment (and without a serious risk of general infection that would risk permanent damage, such a death) the treatments are limited to cleaning the infection and changing the environmental conditions around the infection area.

Cleaning an infection in the ear is a difficult task. It's possible that the infection is not accessible or even visible; by your doctors cluelessness(?) that seems to be the your case and that limits the cleaning to applying mild wax softeners and washing with jets of clean warm water (41-42ºC) pumped with mild pressure. The water can be supplemented with a proper wound disinfectant like peroxide to improve the cleaning power (but...)

Like weeds and animals, bacteria and fungi's growth (aka multiplication, propagation) can be limited by changing their environment – the most easy example is changing temperature but that's a difficult task to do inside the ear. There's not a lot of options for changing your ears' environmental conditions, pH is the next best candidate (and for the aimed purpose can be considered to work like temperature).
Applying a vinegar solution acidifies the skin inside your ear, your infection may not like that (which is good). (but...)
Applying a bicarbonate solution is also an option. (but...)

But !!!
You cannot use vinegar, bicarbonate and peroxide together. Mixing peroxide with vinegar or bicarbonate is dangerous (I think), and vinegar plus bicarbonate cancel each other out.
Those expensive pharmaceutical solutions that your doctor talked about may or may not be a formulation that combines the effects of those 3 cheap substances through other chemicals – in all likelihood their effectiveness is questionable.
Moistening your ear helps the spread of the infection (which is bad) so you should make what you can to dry your ears after each pumping.

My advice is, buy a pump like those you've seen in your doctor's office. Make 2 weeks of each solution (vinegar solution, bicarbonate solution or peroxide solution) 1 or 2 times a day until you find one that seems to be working better. If for some chance it gets better continue your treatment for some time, like 1 month.
If the pain gets bigger or in 4-6 months it doesn't get better go to a doctor and lie to him, exaggerate your pain and maybe he will give you the sporanox or try to do some (difficult) analysis to find what really is causing the pain.

Again, I'm not a doctor. I'm not an health care professional. My (i lack a better, not as strong word) "expertise" is knowing how bugs, like bacteria and fungi, live and die.

Last edited by Leixes; 06-26-2010 at 07:44 AM. Reason: grammar
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:17 AM   #22 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Fuck you.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:36 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Fuck you.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:43 AM   #24 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

That came out wrong.

Thank you.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:46 AM   #25 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
That came out wrong.

Thank you.
LMAO!
Old 06-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
3 silences 'eh? That mess doesn't fly for ole Sparrow. I'd get my feelings super super hurt and for what? You get the upper hand, but you're absolutely giving yourself a less secure, less bright, less delightful rather worried woman who is less likely to do all the little sweet sticky things for you that you like. I'll just put myself in the not-fucking-around-for-fucks-sake silly business circle.
They don't call back, oh well. Move on. They wonder why you didn't call to see why they didn't call back like this is a game. I'd tell them. This isn't some game show. I despise when females have occasionally pulled this shit. Luckily only two did it to me. But it's selfish and I refuse to give them the time of day if it has to be like this. The same could be said of males if they wanna do it.

I give Keith slack though he gets to do it cuz its funny when he does it lol.
Medium Brumski: The only reason we have the 2nd Amendment is because John Adams was afraid of the zombie apocalypse and he wanted to make sure Americans would be prepared, I guess Keith hasn't gotten to that part of the mini-series yet.

Sparrow:...Brings up her point? What point?! Are we naht suckin' ya cahk hahd enough, Sue?!?

Keith: Oh, you...
Old 06-26-2010, 11:31 AM   #27 (permalink)

I guess the point of my post was disappointment that this kind of thing has to occur at all. Are we not able to be up front and kind with each other?
Old 06-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #28 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I guess the point of my post was disappointment that this kind of thing has to occur at all. Are we not able to be up front and kind with each other?
In a perfect world, maybe in reality, no. People are messes so they deal with each other in a messy way.

One of the two forgets the other. Then a sudden need or moment of loneliness occurs. A call, an email or a text happens, trying to find a solution for the loneliness. On the other side the other person doesnt want to be an emotional tampon so they react that way. And so on...

People are mostly broken, so they act in a broken way, and they use each other's insecurities to make their own ones less painful.

So being nice and upfront could work for one person in a million but that person is probably alone and being exploited by less honest and upfront people.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I, of course, would love all my straight male friends to find that perfect woman.

DUHHH... OKAY...

Meanwhile, I'm trying to help them figure out when we, as men, need to give these less than perfect bitches a swift newspaper whack, and when not to.

Gentlemen, they don't hold all the cards if you've brought the deck.

"But wouldn't you rather a woman that played no games?"

Please, ladies. Please...

Also: like this is sooooo evil and manipulative...

We're saying, "Are you in, or are you out?"
Old 06-26-2010, 01:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Also: like this is sooooo evil and manipulative...
Also, why if a guy does that he's being a manipulative monster and if a women does it, it's "mysterious" and "feminine"?

"I'm a strong woman, i treat boys like crap. I am so feminine, mysterious and empowered"