Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Keith racist?
Yes 88 30.77%
No 198 69.23%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #81 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
That sounds like a scene from Rosewood. I'm not saying racism doesn't exist but you are by far in the minority when it comes to that sort of experience. Being chased home by rabid mobs of racist? Maybe that's how it went in your childhood but I was more likely to be jeered, taunted and assaulted for being a nerd than I ever was for being black.

I don't know how old you are but I'm 31 and when I was considered a nerd it was by blacks and whites alike. I actually never got physically harmed over race but I have had to fight a few times because of my suspected nerdiness.

And I wasn't even that big of a nerd. There were MANY kids who got it WAY worse than I ever did. Kids of all races that were just too unfortunate to hide their nerdom.
rabid mob no, 1 or 2 guido's in a car yes, and chased back to where brown ppl lived not all the way back home.

I'm 36 yrs old.

it was such an experience somebody wrote a book about it.

Amazon.com: Canarsie: The Jews and Italians of Brooklyn Against Liberalism (9780674093614): Jonathan Rieder: Books

Add to the fact that the neighborhood Canarsie was transitioning from Italian/Jewish to Black/Caribbean folks were tense.

Where I lived East Flatbush is adjacent to Canarsie so it's not like I rode 30 miles across town to get chased back to safety, I was simply going to the video store or white castle.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:37 PM   #82 (permalink)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1278273951367.jpg (79.6 KB, 66 views)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:32 PM   #83 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_ticklah View Post
rabid mob no, 1 or 2 guido's in a car yes, and chased back to where brown ppl lived not all the way back home.

I'm 36 yrs old.

it was such an experience somebody wrote a book about it.

Amazon.com: Canarsie: The Jews and Italians of Brooklyn Against Liberalism (9780674093614): Jonathan Rieder: Books

Add to the fact that the neighborhood Canarsie was transitioning from Italian/Jewish to Black/Caribbean folks were tense.

Where I lived East Flatbush is adjacent to Canarsie so it's not like I rode 30 miles across town to get chased back to safety, I was simply going to the video store or white castle.
There are a lot of books written about being nerds. If you were to use the same scenario and insert nerds for race I wouldn't find it unbelievable. And the fact that it happened at that age kind of brings home Keith's point. Now if they had been killing black folks and lynching them then I would understand but all you've really done is further show how similar racism you experienced at that age was like being a nerd outcast.

This wasn't Selma.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #84 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
There are a lot of books written about being nerds. If you were to use the same scenario and insert nerds for race I wouldn't find it unbelievable. And the fact that it happened at that age kind of brings home Keith's point. Now if they had been killing black folks and lynching them then I would understand but all you've really done is further show how similar racism you experienced at that age was like being a nerd outcast.

This wasn't Selma.
this is gonna be some agree to disagree type shit, I was more scared of crazy italians than I ever was of any fucker yelling nerd in my general direction. So much so that I can't see how you put these two in the same category.

l8r
Old 07-05-2010, 11:05 AM   #85 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_ticklah View Post
this is gonna be some agree to disagree type shit, I was more scared of crazy italians than I ever was of any fucker yelling nerd in my general direction. So much so that I can't see how you put these two in the same category.

l8r
Yep
Old 07-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #86 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Great show. christian finnegan was hilarious. I also loved the laugh track.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:32 AM   #87 (permalink)

YouTube - CLIP #2 of Louis CK Chewed UP (SHOWTIME OCT. 4 at 11PM)
Old 08-08-2010, 12:53 AM   #88 (permalink)

About the poll: We should be able to discuss race issues with out being racist. It's racist to pretend race doesn't culturally exist.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #89 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwindows View Post
About the poll: We should be able to discuss race issues with out being racist. It's racist to pretend race doesn't culturally exist.
kinda this.

OK, here is my take on this whole deal.
Quote:
Oh, gee, dEadERspaz, we can't wait to hear, I'm sure it'll all be cleared up by you.
Look, if you're gonna be like that about it I'll just shut up then.
Quote:
Wow, you actually can get a clue.
*sigh*
Quote:
Geez, just say it and stop being such a baby.
alrightythen
I am a racist by my definition because I am fascinated by race and ethnicity. People are different no matter how subtly. I am a mongrel; South American Indian (mestizo), Castillian Spanish, Irish, Scots, German. I feel them all, situationally.

When I meet people who look ethnic, be it slav, asian, african, I always try to work it in and ask if I think they'll be open.

The vernacular term racist has been controverted to mean hostility and xenophobia. Does a pianist hate different pianos? We non-haters need to take the word back and call "racists" genocidal xenophobes.

Now, do I discriminate? Hells yes. That is because I have vision orbs and pattern recognition hardwired in my noggin. The choice to hate is intellectual. The relatively natural fear based on empirical and cultural information can be understandable. Different brothers affect me differently. I was at a club in Manchester, NH last night and there were some large, cool brothers and I got a nice eyebrow wave and it was all good. I had to stay in Elizabeth, NJ a couple of years ago and I was . . tense.

So there, racists, the truth is, we're all individuals and, treated as such, we can get along. It's when we herd up and move as groups that we're dangerous animals. And isn't it interesting that genocidal xenophobes often look . . um . . un-evolved?
Oh, and keet's poll/nigger vs. nerd diatribe is just painfully ignorant and insensitive as is he quite often.
"Then why do you listen?"
Because he is entertaining, like Archie Bunker.

couldn't find the specific evolution clip but this is fun too =)
John F. O'Donnel, KATG Show #1127 @01:35:33
"I will hammer-fuck you with my cock of destiny."
"The most powerful force in the universe is irony." - jdb, 1994 "Ignorance is never not arrogant." - jdb, 2007