Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Keith racist?
Yes 88 30.77%
No 198 69.23%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2010, 09:16 AM   #51 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoav View Post
nerds don't walk into school one day, where the teachers, the principal, cops, pastors, and neighbours as well as all the other kids are dressed in nerd murdering clothes with literal pitchforks and flaming torches and then get chased and either burned alive, beaten to death or hung outside the school.

and other nerds don't have to walk past their dead nerd friends bodies rotting outside the school. nerds don't have to worry about the safety of their entire families or even their own safety 24/7 for their entire life. before and after being typecast as a nerd, said nerd has experienced life without such subjugation.

nerds get picked on, that can be a big deal in the context of being picked on, but african americans were enslaved, beaten, raped, and murdered. for centuries. with little to no escape.

you can't even compare the two.

it's the difference between a sesame seed and a jar of peanut butter. yeah they're both food, but beyond that they're not even in the same league and the differences are massive.

there were nerdy slaves too, but you don't hear about them because their nerd plight was trivial in the context of a far more profound issue.

you can't make a jar of peanut butter out of a single sesame seed no matter how you process it cause they're completely different in scale and substance.

a single river can have a lot of fish in it, a LOT of fish, but if you try to compare the amount of fish in that river to all life on earth the amount of fish in the river becomes trivial because of the massive scale of all life on earth.

words carry proportional weight to what they represent and how they're used.
Oh my God. You're on of them aren't u? Typing all that after a simple joke? Go backto math class!!!!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #52 (permalink)

I don't think that he is a racist, just that he is baffled by some of these things. I guess also take into account that he grew up in a small ass town. No matter how long he has lived in NYC there are still somethings die hard. Since there was not much diversity so to him being called a nerd was almost the same as being called a nigger. Like the saying goes, you can take a person outta the country but you can't take the country outta a guy.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:56 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
Uh... Unpaid homework reparations

The funny thing is, I knew someone would say that, whether they were being serious or not.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #54 (permalink)

Thank you to those who understood my joke. For those who didnt: lighten up and stop being such a fucking nerd.

Nerdom is the new slavedom.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #55 (permalink)

keith is a troll. anyone who is trying to analyze why he is saying what he is saying was trolled.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #56 (permalink)

"Are we there yet" ... another fucking worthless, time-sink, fluff piece to occupy society's hunger to be comfortably unaware
Old 07-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #57 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky_root View Post
"Are we there yet" ... another fucking worthless, time-sink, fluff piece to occupy society's hunger to be comfortably unaware
Mr Maron is that you? Could you sign my Cd's? Thank you!
Old 07-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #58 (permalink)

Second'd for the laugh track!! +1 for the laugh track.

I need that fucking thing somewhere in every show. Along with the bell. AAAND the horn. Fuckin' A.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:43 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Mr Maron is that you? Could you sign my Cd's? Thank you!
*KISSES*
Old 07-02-2010, 03:07 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTork View Post
Why not just ask black nerds which N word hurt them the most? They would know the answer.
That was something I was thinking of during that episode--Keith saying the poll should be "whites only," as if there are no such thing as black nerds. Hell, I would think he would ask specifically for black nerds, because there's a better chance that they've been called both, and then the poll would have been more scientific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by censorshipwreck View Post
I loved Kyle laughing in the background!

Reminded me of that guy on the Tom Green show that just sat in the window and laughed.
I was wondering who that was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindasuperlinda View Post
keith is a troll. anyone who is trying to analyze why he is saying what he is saying was trolled.
I think that is there to a certain extent--this is basically the next Picasso that everyone's going to comment on for the next few weeks.

Anyway--GREAT episode. Christian was exceptionally hilarious as he was calling out Keith. I also approve of the laugh track. I hope that stays around as a tool, like the bell.