Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is it okay for there to be a mosque now at the World Trade Center?
Yes 106 50.00%
No 106 50.00%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2010, 06:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1213: Blackout

"Let's blackout!!!"

Kyle Thompson, Fuck Yeah! - Home

Newsy

Last edited by Keith; 07-06-2010 at 10:07 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Just had to poke in about the NRA at the town where the girl got shot.

The talk was the NRA annual convention, scheduled there months ahead of time, Micahel Moore is a scumbag and his interview with Heston in that movie was during his onset of Alzheimer's
Old 07-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The scratch cards aren't exactly "yes/no" on the back, it's a barcode that the convenience store checks and it'll tell you if you won and how much. The people who play these basically scratch off the paint to see if they won, then regardless of whether they won or not, they give it to the store clerk who then scans it and tells them anyway.

Sadly, I know this because my dad loses a couple of grand every year playing these stupid things (the money doesn't really affect him as he gets paid reasonably well). It didn't matter that I told him he's unlikely to win any significant sum even if he plays for 30 years straight, and that he's getting dimes on the dollar in expected value if we consider taxes.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorsleep View Post
Just had to poke in about the NRA at the town where the girl got shot.

The talk was the NRA annual convention, scheduled there months ahead of time, Micahel Moore is a scumbag and his interview with Heston in that movie was during his onset of Alzheimer's
In all fairness, if you're the spokesperson, you're the spokesperson. I need to look up your medical history?

He knew why he was there just fine.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
In all fairness, if you're the spokesperson, you're the spokesperson. I need to look up your medical history?

He knew why he was there just fine.
No, the convention and the interview moor had with him in the movie were years apart.

It was pretty unfortunate that the convention happened to be that close that soon though.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

I voted 'no' because that makes it seem like the muslim faith is taking ownership of the september eleven events.

Especially when people in the clip below are hanging around new york:
YouTube - 'South Park' censored after death threats from Islamists

I would be like America putting a giant american flag in the middle of Hiroshima City
Old 07-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie View Post
I don't necessarily think that putting ANY religious institution at the site is appropriate, but a mosque would be no more inappropriate than a church or synagogue.
Exactly, they are all inappropriate, so let's have none. No religion should get to set up shop there.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

On the Mosque and the World Trade Center

I think people underestimate the level of their own indifference. That and no one in NYC wants to seem culturally insensitive out of fear of being labeled "racist." If they do build a Mosque people will complain for a week and then the slightest fringe will complain for a year at most, then everyone will forget about it.

Besides what is the biggest complaint against it? That it can be somewhat construed as insensitive? Cause I really don't think that anyone is thinking that this is going to be the new breeding ground for new Muslim extremists. Or that late at night all the Muslims are going to converge and celebrate the actions of group of a terrorist group right under the noses of the victims... "BOO!"
Old 07-06-2010, 11:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie View Post
The difference being that America is a country and Islam is a religion... the President, elected representative of the American people, made the decision to drop the bomb, whereas a few select Muslim people were responsible for 9/11.

I don't necessarily think that putting ANY religious institution at the site is appropriate, but a mosque would be no more inappropriate than a church or synagogue.
Yeah i have to agree with you here, i do think its slightly less black and white than this as i would be indifferent to having a christian assembly built there because its the predominant faith etc.
Any other religion id disagree with.

Ah well it seems we're in the minority anyway so many people are voting 'yes'
Old 07-06-2010, 11:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

a.) Keith read at the start of the article that it's not even on the site of the WTC, it's "blocks away". Calm down.

b.) Muslims died in the attacks too.

c.) Chemda's point that if there's a mosque there it would make the bad muslims think twice about hitting the site again was a very, very, veeeeeeeery good point.