Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is it okay for there to be a mosque now at the World Trade Center?
Yes 106 50.00%
No 106 50.00%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2010, 07:09 AM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrit View Post
Poll Question: "Is it okay for there to be a mosque now at the World Trade Center?"

Actually, it's a few blocks from the old World Trade Center. Although, I've seen a number of right-wing media reports saying or suggesting that the mosque is being built on the ruins of the World Trade Center. This is one reason I hate the lying right-wing media:
And then you proceed to post tons of crap FROM said right-wing media....

First, it's not a mosque! It will have one space which will be used by a mosque for prayer. News flash - they've already been praying there for almost a year.

Second, it's a community center. Yes, it will be sponsored by and Islamic in nature. But this particular community is already in the area, they will be moving to this location. Swimming pool, gym, etc. No tall turrets blaring calls to prayer.

Third, read their own fucking web site. It's on Google for crying out loud...

Home Page | Cordoba
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:21 AM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
After reading your post, I now know why your face slipped down to the side of your head.

If KATG give enough shits about podcast alley, they'll announce it on the show and will be #1 within a couple of days. Nonforum goers just have to be reminded.

Maybe three years ago. If Maron or Corolla announced, they would. Plus KATG still spams for votes.
No matter, it does not explain being 62 on ITunes. Nerdist, Rotten Tomatoes, and Ask A Ninja are in the top 25!
It looks like they got lazy and have been just going through the motion of getting out so-so Podcasts.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #93 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You helping me out again, buddy?

I'm going to ban you for a week because I'm insecure. The thing is, why does that upset you?
Old 07-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #94 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Haters gonna ha...

Wait, could it be that Zscout is Sajizzle? My head hurts.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:36 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Haters gonna ha...

Wait, could it be that Zscout is Sajizzle? My head hurts.
Twilight zone music.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:29 PM   #96 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

No mosque near Ground Zero

I can't believe that any American or westener for that matter would vote yes on this poll. It's just one more proof of the pussyfication of america. Read and listend to these links and then change your vote.

EDITORIAL: New York: The Islamic Beachhead? » Publications » Family Security Matters

YouTube - No mosque at Ground Zero

USA! USA! USA!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i5Tech View Post
I can't believe that any American or westener for that matter would vote yes on this poll. It's just one more proof of the pussyfication of america. Read and listend to these links and then change your vote.
So basically only you are right and no one else can possibly have a different opinion? No one else who has lived here their whole life could possibly believe differently than you?

Try reading this thread before throwing links around, and maybe read about the planned community center from their own web site. Oh, wait - that would mean you would be informed instead of manipulated....

The Cordoba Initiative
Old 07-26-2010, 10:25 PM   #98 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trashy View Post
So basically only you are right and no one else can possibly have a different opinion? No one else who has lived here their whole life could possibly believe differently than you?

Try reading this thread before throwing links around, and maybe read about the planned community center from their own web site. Oh, wait - that would mean you would be informed instead of manipulated....

The Cordoba Initiative
1. I never said mine was the only opinion... fortunately because we live in America people are entitle to their wrong opinions too. If we were on a Muslim country people with opposing opinions would just be executed.

2. Even if I hadn't read the thread, like you assumed, it doesn't mean I'm misinformed. it just means i didn't read other peoples opinions, not facts.

3. Since you are so informed, you shouldn't be throwing around that propaganda link anymore. As I'm sure you know there is no such thing as moderate Muslims. Islam, by definition, doesn't tolerate other believes therefore moderate Muslim is an oxymoron.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i5Tech View Post
3. Since you are so informed, you shouldn't be throwing around that propaganda link anymore. As I'm sure you know there is no such thing as moderate Muslims. Islam, by definition, doesn't tolerate other believes therefore moderate Muslim is an oxymoron.
As a matter of fact, what I'm sure I know is that there are, indeed, moderate Muslims. Here's a story from Fox News. Hope that helps

FoxNews.com
Old 07-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #100 (permalink)

There are moderate Muslims. There are super Americanized Muslims. Of course. It's ridiculous to make such sweeping statements as you have. There are, of course, Muslims of all different temperaments and personal beliefs.

I'm friends with two Muslim people I've known since highschool. Both are women. Both went to western schools and colleges. Both studied difficult fields, molecular biology, and foreign affairs, and both tolerate others, and live their lives the same as any American. And they are two of the sweetest, most genuine, people you could meet. No pretenses. In fact, one of these women actually grew up here in the states, and converted to Islam. She retains her moderate political beliefs. She regards me highly, even though I am an atheist, and she knows that I am. Same for my other Muslim friend from Iran. (I didn't read the link and don't know what type of "moderate" is being questioned here.)

As we all know you can read any holy book any way you want, and make it say almost anything you want. Extremists will take a holy book and interpret it in extreme ways. Moderates will read it and interpret it in moderate ways. Tolerant and intolerant people will interpret it in their own ways, and so on. In my opinion, culture and political climate have much more to do with how one behaves than religion does. Religion is the fine tuning.

Muslim people are fine. Stop being a hate monger.

Last edited by bocorican; 07-26-2010 at 11:11 PM. Reason: higher readability quotient, removing seeming non-sequitor