Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: How many times have you blacked out from alcohol?
0 110 43.65%
1-5 103 40.87%
5-10 8 3.17%
over 10 31 12.30%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #21 (permalink)

Keith has it exactly right. Religions almost need to be self-policing, and that's where they fail every time. 99% of all Muslims are peaceful (and as Jesse said, they are quiet and do not speak up.) If the wacko single individual proclaims his Muslim belief and blows himself up, the MAJOR religious leaders of the Muslim faith should PUBLICLY condemn the act and explain what is to be done to prevent acts like that in the future. Do we see this happeninng? No. You might see a local Muslim leader condemn it, but it seems none of the really high ups make statements regarding it. Taking the Catholic church, granted it has been a looooooooong time but at least FINALLY the Pope has at least had his feet put to the fire to make his position official to everyone on the kid-touching issue. Accountability by the religious leaders. You have wackos in your religion - call them out and let your congregation know if you practice 'x' behavior, you are no longer part of our religion. No friggin virgins. No praise to your family name. No heaven, only limbo or hell or worse.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1goodI View Post
I've blacked out once way back in my college days.

I was at a nightclub called Speedy's and got drund off Mad Dog wine, gin and whatever else was there. I remember falling asleep at the table and I always thought they woke me up and I calmly left. I also remembering dry heaving outside the club.

What I don't remember and what was told to me the next day buy at least 12 people or more. Is not only did I fight the bouncers but punch "Speedy" himself right in his head. This was also related to me when I was later refused entry the next weekend and informed I was banned for life from "Speedy's". Surprisingly I wasn't beaten up at all. They said I took some shots myself but I guess the liquor protected me.

It only took one time for me to get black out drunk and learn my lessons. One I don't drink gin or mad dog. I stop drinking long before I get drunk. And I never drink and drive.
My story is exactly the same. Cept Not at Speedy's and not bouncers. At another club and towards a pool table. Somehow the pool table kicked my ass. Then I threw up 10 times afterward even at Ihop later that night. =/
Old 07-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #23 (permalink)

My first time drinking resulted in a blackout period, that mostly got me off the notion since then.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSZilla View Post
My story is exactly the same. Cept Not at Speedy's and not bouncers. At another club and towards a pool table. Somehow the pool table kicked my ass. Then I threw up 10 times afterward even at Ihop later that night. =/
Yep, if you don't live how do you learn. btw... I bet that pull table started it... Gotta watch them.

1goodi
Old 07-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #25 (permalink)

Does it count as blacking out if you don't remember it on your own, but as soon as other people start talking about it, then the memory comes back to you?
Old 07-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy_Wrists View Post
Does it count as blacking out if you don't remember it on your own, but as soon as other people start talking about it, then the memory comes back to you?
Certainly not!
Old 07-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #27 (permalink)

Whew, good! Then I've blacked out much less than I thought. I guess it's just asking too much to remember every moment of several hour long Super Parties on your own!
Old 07-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
ajh

I have had quite a few blackouts from alcohol. It isn't that I am on autopilot or a zombie, it is just that my brain just doesn't store the memories.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I have friends who like to get "black out drunk" routinely. I don't hang with them on the weekends or too late on weeknights. I call them my "white friends". They are awesome on the way to getting drunk but the shit they do after they black out are all fireable offenses when it comes to friendships.

They seem to have some weird black out logic that makes it okay to be an asshole to eachother and all is forgiven the next day. I can't function like that. We're all adults (over 30 years old) if you can't control your drinking then I have to call it an early night.

Monday Morning e-mails are awesome though. It's like the first scene in "Momento" with them all trying to combine stories and figure out what the fuck they did with the weekend. What an odd thing to be into.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #30 (permalink)

I've blacked out once and drink a lot lot less now. Nothing bad happened to me but I was scared waking up not knowing what happened till I asked friends.

Shame I have to be grouped in with you 2-5 not-learn-your-lesson fucks, but it's in the name of science.