Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who would most likely win in a fight? Keith or a 10-year-old black belt?
Keith 168 72.41%
The 10-year-old 64 27.59%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1215: Fighting Styles

"Your dad's dead and and my dad's dead, so probably we can bang, right?"

Kurt Metzger | Facebook
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Can't wait to hear it.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

This poll is bullshit and stupid. Black belts are handed out now in the US, you pay the money and you get your blackbelt. I trained in martial arts from age 9-17, never earning my blackbelt. I trained in a hybrid style of tae kwon do, it wasn't really at all TKD, it was tkd, kickboxing and brazilian jiujitsu mixed together. In fact I quit that gym because I realized I would never get my black belt because every "class" I took, I taught.

Through 8 years of training I didn't earn my black belt, and I was good. I was actually one of the instructors at my gym. As an instructor I even failed one of my "belt testings" and was still allowed to keep teaching. We took it seriously, being the best possible martial artists that we could.

Whenever I see an 8 year old in his gi at 7-11 I want to just punch that kid in the face. You're a pussy, you didn't really earn that belt, your mom paid for it. Its complete bullshit.

Martial arts aren't complete bullshit, you just need to research things first. In any martial art no one below the age of 15-16 should have a black belt, that's a general rule of thumb. If there is a 13 year old black belt, well then I could probably kick your "master's" ass.

There is a term for fake/bullshit martial art studios. That term is "McDojo", because it's the watered down version of martial arts. I'd welcome any challenge from a McDojo black belt, KATG TV? It could work...but Keith could easily take out a McDojo Black Belt, at least one that is my size, which isn't tiny.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Assholes View Post
Fuck them Martial Art Niggas!
Dude I thought I was the only one who knew what a McDojo was! Nice!
Old 07-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Assuming the 10 year old didn't just get it at some belt mill...that's gotta be one badass motherfucker if he got a black belt at 10. Can't wait to hear how that came up.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

I doesn't matter how good the kid is, his punches still carry the strength of a 10 year old. He weighs 60 pounds, Keith just has to grab him and wring his neck. Done deal.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

I study ju jitsu myself and the onllllyyyy way a 10yr old blackbelt could beat keith in a fight is if keith wasnt taking it seriously and the 10yr old did a full power kick with a run up to his balls.

I assume the people that are voting for the 10yr old are just voting that way to be smart asses.

I personally going by the average ability of black belts around the world and considering keiths fighting experience.
Keith should be able to fight evenly against the average 17-18 yr old black belt.

-If it was Karate id say he could hold his own against a 22-24yr old black belt (regulated karate standards in my experience are the lowest of all martial arts because its the most popular among soccer moms and young kids)

-If it was Krav Maga Id lower it to maybe a 15-16yr old
Old 07-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

YouTube - crazy ninja kid!
Here's an eleven year old I bet could beat all of our asses... if he had his stick.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpski View Post
YouTube - crazy ninja kid!
Here's an eleven year old I bet could beat all of our asses... if he had his stick.
They say at the end "at times it looks improvised, but every move is timed and practiced time and time again." So I call bullshit, I don't think this kid's a stick assassin.

Also, hearing how this convo came up, I agree with Keith now, he was talking about the standard karate kids. I was picturing ninja assassings that are trained in spartan conditions from the age of 3 whose belts are black from dirt and blood of their opponents, but I doubt they'd be learning karate.

And I don't think earning belts entails any fighting, I think it's just choreographed performances of varying difficulty.

Last edited by DWarrior; 07-08-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Culprit View Post
-If it was Karate id say he could hold his own against a 22-24yr old black belt (regulated karate standards in my experience are the lowest of all martial arts because its the most popular among soccer moms and young kids)

-If it was Krav Maga Id lower it to maybe a 15-16yr old
"Karate: The Dane Cook of Martial Arts"