Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: LeBron James
Just going to work 126 81.29%
Backstabber 29 18.71%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2010, 12:32 AM   #21 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJVacant View Post
Mel's clearly over the top with his rant, but I think we've all said things we wish we could take back during a heated arguement with a loved one. His past transgressions make it easy to jump to the defense of this poor damsel, but something tells me she can be a manipulative bitch.
The sick-fuck within me has spent the past few days trying to find out as much as I can about Grigorieva but there isn't a lot out there beyond the disaster we have been witness to these past few days. I'll play the devil's advocate card here but something is "off" about Oksana.

Props to Keith and Chemda here too. I haven't bothered with any of the mainstream news sites to get my Mel-Gibson-has-his-period...again fix - I've just stuck with you guys knowing that Keith's news and analysis shits all over the rest.

Brumski.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:34 AM   #22 (permalink)

If only Mel could do such hilarious work in his movies...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:42 AM   #23 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Keith was right on when he said that the World Cup final wasn't much of a spectacle this time round but when he said that you can go do the dishes or not pay attention for a second when watching soccer he was wide of the mark.

In fact, in a sport where only a single goal in 120 minutes can be the difference between the greatest glory that exists in world sport or seeing the hopes of a nation crushed into oblivion, and where that goal can come out of nowhere at any moment you better not be doing the dishes when it happens otherwise the other 119.5 minutes you invested watching the game were wasted.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:58 AM   #24 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

In America they replay the big events immediately.

And by big events, I mean the one goal.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:37 AM   #25 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post

Then why watch any game at all? They'll replay all the big events on youtube anyway. That's what I do, sans the youtube.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:13 AM   #26 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky View Post
I voted for Myq last night on last comic standing. As I was doing so, I was remembering that the show is pre-recorded. So, do our votes really count? Or was it taped up until last nights episode? Someone help me understand this please. I feel jipped (sp?)
Hey, thanks for doing that!

The show WAS pre-recorded, but the next ones are post-recorded (meaning that they are recorded after now), so the story (of your votes counting) checks out! Happily ever after!

(Not "happily ever before pre-recorded gyp.")

PS It's "gypped," like Gypsies who cheat you. Or like Egyptians, which comes from the same root. Words!
Old 07-15-2010, 02:13 AM   #27 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post

That is a really awesome point.

If only "soccer" could find some way to do that thing American "football" does where they play for 3.5 seconds then have a break for the "athletes" to catch their breath and plan what to do next. Now that would be a sport you could do dishes during.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:28 AM   #28 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
Then why watch any game at all?
Exactly.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:54 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg88 View Post
GET OUT

This is one of the worst movies ever, I had to watch this on the last 2 days (yes 2 days) of school when I was in Jr.high, this is not a movie that a 12 year old boy wants to see,

Unless your a confederate sympathizer who thinks cousin fucking is just dandy this movie is a piece of shit and it only gets its reputation beacuse its old and must be good.
You saw it when you were twelve. Maybe you didn't understand it? Maybe your views have changed. You said yourself you didn't want to see it. Who can enjoy a movie when you'd so much rather be NOT in school? It's not the right head to be watching a movie in.

It personally wasn't a movie i'd watch again, but i enjoyed it for what it was and what part it played in the history of film.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #30 (permalink)

I personally think that's what makes soccer so much more exciting than a basketball or football where you can score over 100 points a game (in basketball at least) The whole buildup is creating tension and excitement until they finally score that one goal that wins the game for them. It's so much more exciting than when teams score almost every time they have the ball rendering points almost meaningless until the final two minutes. Anytime a team scores a goal it's a big deal and I love watching the players, teams, and fans go crazy because they know what they just did means a lot more than some 3-pointer in the middle of a 100 point game.