Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: LeBron James
Just going to work 126 81.29%
Backstabber 29 18.71%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #31 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyballsjunior View Post
I personally think that's what makes soccer so much more exciting than a basketball or football where you can score over 100 points a game (in basketball at least) The whole buildup is creating tension and excitement until they finally score that one goal that wins the game for them. It's so much more exciting than when teams score almost every time they have the ball rendering points almost meaningless until the final two minutes. Anytime a team scores a goal it's a big deal and I love watching the players, teams, and fans go crazy because they know what they just did means a lot more than some 3-pointer in the middle of a 100 point game.
I've got one word for ya...

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJVacant View Post
Mel's clearly over the top with his rant, but I think we've all said things we wish we could take back during a heated arguement with a loved one.
What the hell are you saying to your loved ones? It must be pretty brutal if you listen to Mel's bullshit and go "we've all been there".
Old 07-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #33 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyballsjunior View Post
I personally think that's what makes soccer so much more exciting than a basketball or football where you can score over 100 points a game (in basketball at least) The whole buildup is creating tension and excitement until they finally score that one goal that wins the game for them. It's so much more exciting than when teams score almost every time they have the ball rendering points almost meaningless until the final two minutes. Anytime a team scores a goal it's a big deal and I love watching the players, teams, and fans go crazy because they know what they just did means a lot more than some 3-pointer in the middle of a 100 point game.
Oh yeah, to be clear, in my first post where I was taking the piss out of the World Cup Final for only producing the one goal in 120 minutes that was me making a dumb (or maybe too clever, since Keith somehow thought I was seriously defending that match) joke playing on that exact complaint non-Football fans have about how it's a sport that sometimes produces a lack of goal action.

If I was going to be serious I would have written something like you wrote here though. Because of course you're right.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #34 (permalink)

All I know is I watch soccer and I think it's okay. Hey maybe it would be better if there were a few dozen more goals in a match but (I'll quote Spooky on this) *shrug*.

And if I was Mel I would say that I had a part in an upcoming movie as an abusive husband and was trying my hand at method acting. Beats whatever crappy defense his lawyer had.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #35 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Why don't they just widen the posts a bit until the games average 10 points between the two teams?

That might also cut down on the destructive rioting because a bad call by a judge that costs a point won't be seen as deciding the game.

I think it's genius.

COPYRIGHT, if they actually do this, I expect $500
Old 07-16-2010, 05:16 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
Why don't they just widen the posts a bit until the games average 10 points between the two teams?

That might also cut down on the destructive rioting because a bad call by a judge that costs a point won't be seen as deciding the game.

I think it's genius.

COPYRIGHT, if they actually do this, I expect $500
because sometimes the goalie is the man of the match and a great save is just a vital as a goal. although we should have a second ref.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:47 AM   #37 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
because sometimes the goalie is the man of the match and a great save is just a vital as a goal. although we should have a second ref.
There would still be vital saves.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:39 PM   #38 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post

I don't get it D. You write this as if rioting is a bad thing.

You also write this as if you - who claims to be some kind of suave and debonair math genius - don't understand the concept of "value". You get that the more rare something is the more valuable it is right? You get that the less inevitable the occurence of something is the more exciting that occurence is when it happens? You get that the more difficult something is to achieve the greater the payoff when that thing is achieved?

I like both Soccer and American Football, although the only ball sport I really follow regularly is League, which averages somewhere between 5 and 10 scores per game, similar to American Football. I don't really watch Football (Soccer) unless it's a big international tournament like the World Cup or European Championship, where the stakes are huge. But to me one of the good things about Football is that you don't know if it'll play out 0-0 or 1-0 or 3-2 or 4-1 or 7-0. There are no guarantees. You don't get spoilt. You're not entitled to see goals. So when you see one it means more.

There were an average of 25-30 shots at goal per game in the recent World Cup, which is plenty of action. But scoring goals is hard. Like scoring supermodels. The average per game was between two and three. The more difficult something is to accomplish the more drama there is in the battle to accomplish it and the greater the payoff is when it is accomplished. Or to put it another way - why would you climb Everest when you could spend the same amount of time climbing three smaller, easier mountains? Which accomplishment is more dramatic?
Old 07-16-2010, 03:46 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxxieline View Post
I can't wait to get a new computer! I started watching the show live, and 3 minutes in the laptop starts freaking out, overheats, and shuts the fuck down. So, i once again have to wait for it on itunes. Oh the joys of computer viruses. ahh fuckme.
Excuse my interruption, but speaking of this how can I see the show live? I am new here and just learning to walk. Plus I'm lazy. And a little stupid. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #40 (permalink)

Thanks! And I like your avatar.