Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Oksana Grigorieva's Beautiful Heartache
Thumbs Up 76 45.51%
Thumbs Down 91 54.49%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #91 (permalink)

My wife's from europe, and when we bought our first car, she insisted on a stick shift. It took me about a week to really master it. Even now, however, we both stall the thing occasionally.

The only advantage has been that sometimes, in snow, it's a little easier to slow down without hitting the brakes and going into a skid. The major disadvantages are stalling when you need it least, and teaching your toddler words that he shouldn't know.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:39 PM   #92 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinmx View Post
but it would be nice if I learned to drive stick shift, so she doesn´t feel like a cab driver, or she feels like she can´t drink because she´s driving.
Dude, you should have fucking mentioned that in your letter. I'm pretty sure everyone took it as "we have two cars, one stick, and my wife thinks I'm not a man because I can't drive both cars". wtf if all you have is stick then fucking learn to drive it. What a pussy-ass bitch, jeez.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #93 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
Dude, you should have fucking mentioned that in your letter. I'm pretty sure everyone took it as "we have two cars, one stick, and my wife thinks I'm not a man because I can't drive both cars". wtf if all you have is stick then fucking learn to drive it. What a pussy-ass bitch, jeez.
very true - why the fuck buy a car for your family that you can't drive?
Old 07-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #94 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
A little harsh, but for realz!! If 16 year old girls can do it, so can you!!!

I learned to drive a stick because my mom bought one as the extra car when I was a teenager, and one day she took the automatic to work before I woke up. I had to be at work at 10AM so guess what? Now I can drive a stick. One or two lessons and a little practice and you'll be fine.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:16 AM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -John- View Post
Hannibal said something about about manual being better for gas mileage, its not. automatics are much better for fuel efficiency unless you are like a F1 racer. one advantage with a manual is engine breaking but other than that there is no real advantage in driving manual.
uh, actually, no. This is only true for hybrids. All the rest get about 5mpg better mileage in manual transmission.

Cars with best overall MPG | Shown by year 2002 to 2010