Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: MEN ONLY: Have you been in a real physical fight?
Yes 111 56.35%
No 86 43.65%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree2Likes

Old 07-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMD14 View Post
That's a good point. I'd rather a knife in the back than a knife in the face (or somewhere more realistic in the general front region).
yeah take each violent encounter at a time. to be fair getting into fights is beat as if you lose you look a zillion times worst then walking away.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:25 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slam_858 View Post
When I was in the army, we were encouraged to fight if things started to get tense. It was a good stress relief and we all were looking forward to it. Basically, we would go behind the building, trade a few punches with some asshole and then move on and get over it. I've gotten my ass kicked a few times, but every time it's been worth it.

Regular people will do whatever they can to avoid a fight, so if you escalate the situation to show that YOU are the one dictating whether there will be a fight, you'll feel much better when they back down.

Getting a busted lip and losing a fight is still better than not standing up for yourself in the first place. At least you'll have a story to tell, and you'll respect yourself.
i agree but getting housed and whipped like a child by his dad is worse then walking away. lesson only fight if you think you can win

Last edited by wolfwood79; 07-28-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #73 (permalink)

Women Fight too!!

I'm usually a live and let live but if someone spits on me or invades my personal space I will throw down. I fight when I've got nothing left to lose and I fight dirty when it's with against a guy.
I've smashed a girls face into a cemment wall when she spat on me and and I back handed and punched a guy that goosed me ( that's when a guy touches between your crotch and ass when you go to sit down) on the bus.
Girls it's okay to fight when your backed into a corner, fight dirty and walk away quickly.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:47 PM   #74 (permalink)

I can't say I was surprised that Kentucky made the list of fattest in the country. I live in one of the poorest areas of Louisville, the West End, and we definitely have the highest amount of fast food “restaurants” in the area. Within a 2 ½ mile area running from 12th and Broadway to 27th and Broadway there is the following:

On 12th there is a Wendy's and a McDonald's on the opposite sides of Broadway. I assume this was setup this way so that the kids from the nearby high school have options when they get tired of eating at the KFC and Taco Bell trucks set in their parking lot during the year.

Six blocks down on 18th there is a KFC which has to be the most technologically advanced building in the area with its menus on 3 large flat screen TVs which can be updated in real time whenever there are specials and/or shortages. That KFC was also across the street from the former RJ Reynolds aka “Big Tobacco” headquarters/factory, but that's a different story.

On 22nd and Broadway, one block from my mom's house, we have one local chicken shack next to a Papa Johns pizza. On the other side of Broadway there is the local Chinese food chain and a Rally's (the southern version of Checkers). There was a Lee's Chicken in between the Rally's and Chinese place, but it was shut down 2 years ago.

Finally, on 27th and Broadway, surrounding the only grocery store we have another Chinese restaurant, Burger King, a McDonald's , a Pizza Hut and as of five years ago, a Taco Bell.

To say the people around here are fat is an understatement like you wouldn't believe.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyagain View Post
I can't say I was surprised that Kentucky made the list of fattest in the country. I live in one of the poorest areas of Louisville, the West End, and we definitely have the highest amount of fast food “restaurants” in the area. Within a 2 ½ mile area running from 12th and Broadway to 27th and Broadway there is the following:

On 12th there is a Wendy's and a McDonald's on the opposite sides of Broadway. I assume this was setup this way so that the kids from the nearby high school have options when they get tired of eating at the KFC and Taco Bell trucks set in their parking lot during the year.

Six blocks down on 18th there is a KFC which has to be the most technologically advanced building in the area with its menus on 3 large flat screen TVs which can be updated in real time whenever there are specials and/or shortages. That KFC was also across the street from the former RJ Reynolds aka “Big Tobacco” headquarters/factory, but that's a different story.

On 22nd and Broadway, one block from my mom's house, we have one local chicken shack next to a Papa Johns pizza. On the other side of Broadway there is the local Chinese food chain and a Rally's (the southern version of Checkers). There was a Lee's Chicken in between the Rally's and Chinese place, but it was shut down 2 years ago.

Finally, on 27th and Broadway, surrounding the only grocery store we have another Chinese restaurant, Burger King, a McDonald's , a Pizza Hut and as of five years ago, a Taco Bell.

To say the people around here are fat is an understatement like you wouldn't believe.
Well FFUUUUuuuuucccccckkkkk YYOOOOUUuuuuuuuuuuUUUUU!!!!

(and welcome))
Old 07-28-2010, 11:41 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1goodI View Post

Newsy - what a puss bitch. How do you not have your boy's back. You even said you watched a friend get jumped and you did nothing. NOTHING. It's two against one, and you stayed on the sideline.

Newsy - you are a horrible person. What a bitch of a man you are. Kyle's hands were tied and you were panic stricken. He couldn't do anything because he couldn't depend on his "friend" to have his back.
Fine. Let me put this out to the world:

DO NOT ENGAGE IN A FIGHT THAT COULD BE AVOIDED, AROUND ME, BECAUSE I WILL DO NOTHING. MY SAFETY IS MY ONLY CONCERN. YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T HANG OUT WITH ME.

If i'm forced into a fight, I would like to think I could react in kind. But if there is any way to avoid it, goodbye. I'm not gonna hurt, because your pride might get hurt. Hate me.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:45 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyagain View Post
I can't say I was surprised that Kentucky made the list of fattest in the country. I live in one of the poorest areas of Louisville, the West End
You Cards even play in the KFC/Yum! Center (aka the Greasy Bucket).
Although I can't speak against the state as a whole without insulting myself.

Yea, things have to be done to limit the shit food and help lower the costs of eating healthy. The fact that vegetables are out of reach to people, while fried food is so cheap is sad.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:49 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsy View Post

DO NOT ENGAGE IN A FIGHT THAT COULD BE AVOIDED, AROUND ME, BECAUSE I WILL DO NOTHING. MY SAFETY IS MY ONLY CONCERN. YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T HANG OUT WITH ME.

If i'm forced into a fight, I would like to think I could react in kind. But if there is any way to avoid it, goodbye. I'm not gonna hurt, because your pride might get hurt. Hate me.
I don't think reasonable people are against you for not fighting and letting your instinct for self-preservation take over. It's a normal reaction. At least everyone knows where you stand before the situation comes.

It seems like Kyle was more upset about not doing something... But if he were getting beat up from standing up for himself, would you have helped him?
Old 07-28-2010, 11:54 PM   #79 (permalink)

does it count that almost all my physical fights have been under the influence of alcohol.......hmmmm...........maybe i have latent rage that comes out when i am drunk. well who the fuck knows, i aint going to pay a therapist to tell me that.
but if i do pass up a fight i do feel like a pussy, so kyle is justified.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:56 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsy View Post

What's funny is, when i was in boarding school when two people got into a fight everyone would form a ring around them and watch. they would only stop the fight when the bleeding started. Because of that if a fight breaks out i am getting a drink and watching that shit