Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you a child molester?
Yes 2 0.93%
No 214 99.07%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2010, 08:06 AM   #61 (permalink)

Nah, it's more like they're kids and they honestly can't imagine how the world could ever get better. It's part of why Savage is doing this campaign of his. No matter how horrible you think high school is, things do get better. But try to explain that to a teenager. They're too unformed to even comprehend it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #62 (permalink)

Here's something to think about... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwObj...layer_embedded

There's like a 2 other videos on this....
Old 10-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizsquiz View Post
It's the same argument as when kids kill themselves over cyber-bullying, like when that little girl hung herself because her neighbour's mom pretended to be a boy and then dumped her and called her fat.

They charged that mom with:
Should the Myspace Cyber-Bullying Mom Go to Jail for Megan Meiers Death? | Newsflavor

"three counts of accessing protected computers without authorization to obtain information to inflict emotional distress and one count of criminal conspiracy. She was found guilty lesser charges of misdemeanors, and the jury was deadlocked on the fourth felony charge of criminal conspiracy."

Sure, nobody can be 100% SURE that what they do is going to provoke someone into committing suicide.

If we take the parallel with this case, seems like the roommate did obtain and broadcast information - unauthorized - to inflict emotional distress - regardless of whether that distress was linked to his flatmate being gay, he knew it would be humiliating to broadcast his flatmate banging someone even without the gay angle...
It's not the same. The article you posted says, "...the last messages taken from Megans‘ computer read: “Everybody in O’Fallon knows how you are. You are a bad person and everybody hates you. Have a shitty rest of your life. The world would be a better place without you.”

That is blatantly encouraging suicide. In the roommate case he never expressed intent to have the guy kill himself, he humiliated him. Also in Megans case it was an adult harassing a minor, which I think should be a factor in the punishment.

Last edited by IWriteThings; 10-06-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:51 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
This is not an equivalent example. The equivalent would be a lesbian grabbing YOU.

You are 100% correct!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #65 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
True. I'm in Wisconsin, so outside of campus those are the only lesbians you see anyway.
That is hillarious I'm in MN, so our lesbians are a tad prettier and some are downright hot, but I'm in the big city, too, so that may have a factor on things. How do I know this? I'm only hit on by lesbians.

And as far as that mom cyber bullying Megan, I hadnt heard that story before. That breaks my heart. I wish they had thrown the book at her. What a sociopath.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:17 PM   #66 (permalink)

I've been following the college student suicide as the story has been developing and I am a little suprised at how far it has gone. This is without a doubt a tragedy and a wake up call to colelge administrations to be alert to the needs of its students. I believe that the people who breached his privacy should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and should be made to answer for the crimes they committed.

That being said, I think that "bullying someone to death" as a possible criminal charge is completely rediculous. I understand that being bullied is a very difficult thing. I've been on the recieving end of it and can say that it can make life difficult however, charging people because a victim of bullying took their own life is simple unacceptable. In essence, they would be charged for a crime that was the consequence of another person's actions. Yes, bullying should be eliminated, but the simple fact of the matter is that these people did not force the young man to kill himself. He made the decision on his own and was apparently clear minded enough to realize what he was doing. This young man took it upon himself to end his life as a result of his own reactions to what happened. The people who ended his life may have been the catalyst of the situation, but they certainly did not kill him in any way, shape or form and should not be charged with his death.

Think about it like this: Someone dumps their significant other and that person kills themself. Could you reasonably charger the person with the death of their significant other? They certainly set up the circumstances which eventually led to the person's death, but they did not make the decision to kill the person or even accidently kill the person. They would be suffering because of the decisions of others and that is not justice.

I think that the people who made the broadcast are miserable peices of shit and deserve to go to jail for the breach of privacy and I hope they feel guilt for the rest of their lives over this kid killing himself but they should not be charged for the kid's suicide.

"It's good to shut up sometimes" -Marcel Marceau
Old 10-06-2010, 03:44 PM   #67 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac108 View Post
Think about it like this: Someone dumps their significant other and that person kills themself. Could you reasonably charger the person with the death of their significant other? They certainly set up the circumstances which eventually led to the person's death, but they did not make the decision to kill the person or even accidently kill the person. They would be suffering because of the decisions of others and that is not justice.
If you dump someone, and then take the pictures she gave you of her naked and in sexy positions and gave them to her boss who then fired her and THEN spread rumors about her and got her friends to mock her and THEN she committed suicide...I think that is more along the lines of this story.

This roommate purposefully went out to humiliate and slander this boy. There was malicious intent in this, that is totally different than dumping someone.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #68 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac108 View Post
I've been following the college student suicide as the story has been developing and I am a little suprised at how far it has gone. This is without a doubt a tragedy and a wake up call to colelge administrations to be alert to the needs of its students. I believe that the people who breached his privacy should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and should be made to answer for the crimes they committed.

That being said, I think that "bullying someone to death" as a possible criminal charge is completely rediculous. I understand that being bullied is a very difficult thing. I've been on the recieving end of it and can say that it can make life difficult however, charging people because a victim of bullying took their own life is simple unacceptable. In essence, they would be charged for a crime that was the consequence of another person's actions. Yes, bullying should be eliminated, but the simple fact of the matter is that these people did not force the young man to kill himself. He made the decision on his own and was apparently clear minded enough to realize what he was doing. This young man took it upon himself to end his life as a result of his own reactions to what happened. The people who ended his life may have been the catalyst of the situation, but they certainly did not kill him in any way, shape or form and should not be charged with his death.

I think that the people who made the broadcast are miserable peices of shit and deserve to go to jail for the breach of privacy and I hope they feel guilt for the rest of their lives over this kid killing himself but they should not be charged for the kid's suicide.
Coincidentally, none of these bullies will find the cure for cancer.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #69 (permalink)

I dont understand how anyone can hear story after story about gay teens taking their own lives and feel the need to further insult them. It comes off as though you are either a sociopath who lacks any empathy, or you want to appear as though you have a thick skin and can see past your immediate emotional reaction and come up with some intellectual argument against these teens who are now dead . Either way, knowing there are people amongst us who think the way you do, makes me understand further now, the point of view of these dead teens.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #70 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanGraves View Post
Here's something to think about... YouTube - AC360 - Mich. Asst. Attorney General Andrew Shirvell Targets Gay Student Chris Armstrong - Pt. 1

There's like a 2 other videos on this....
I think this guy's trolling irl.