Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Has anyone ever called you a bad drunk?
Yes 56 28.00%
No 144 72.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2010, 03:03 AM   #41 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I <3 Chemda.

That is all.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:36 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
High five. Fuck bad drunks.
Word.

As far as the whole fall down retarded drunk thing goes, I've only ever gotten that far once, and it was at a good friend's house with people I was comfortable with, in the middle of the woods where I couldn't make a scene. That was about two years ago, and I've never been that bad since.

And the Kyle thing -- yeah, that's a dick move, and it really makes you realize how young he is. Granted, I'm only 23, but whenever Kyle is on the show he likes to play like he's one of the big dogs, so to speak, and it always felt like he was trying too hard. Then again, and I know I'll get flamed as a douche for this, I've never been a huge fan of Kyle on the show at all, so maybe this is just my biased opinion coming through.

As corny as it sounds, I have a sort of "respect for my elders" feeling toward Keith and Chemda (and most of their guests), where I wouldn't dare act like we were told he did.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:28 AM   #43 (permalink)

This thing is Kyle really isn't a thing, in my opinion. It's just a dude gettin' hammered, fuckin' up, learning his limits. Happens to all us drinkers. You tell him the next day "hey, this is what you did, stop fuckin' up" and he'll start setting up parameters. It's uncomfortable for part of an evening, but that's life. Usually it happens with people our own age so we don't give parent-like lectures about it, but Kyle hangs out with people much older than him so it just comes off differently I think. And for fucks sake, if I hung out with a young fella who shits on computers on the internet, I would expect a few silly escapades while he was drunk.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
High five. Fuck bad drunks.
Right on D.! Lets be snarky and judgemental towards everybody!

Team "We're better" all the way!

And yeah, i'm being sarcastic.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:11 PM   #45 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Right on D.! Lets be snarky and judgemental towards everybody!

Team "We're better" all the way!

And yeah, i'm being sarcastic.
How is that judgmental? Bad drunk is objectively defined, so that group is subjected to no subjective judgment.

Don't worry, even though you're a bad drunk, you can still be in my "We're better!" team.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:25 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
How is that judgmental? Bad drunk is objectively defined, so that group is subjected to no subjective judgment.

Don't worry, even though you're a bad drunk, you can still be in my "We're better!" team.
Some people just need to learn hgow to deal with drinking, telling them to fuck off and acting like good drinkers are a club (where actually a shit night happens to anybody) is very douchey.

Actually that's why bad drunks are the way they are a lot of the time. Feeling looked down and cast out and made look like an ass is a fuel for anger.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:40 PM   #47 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I've definitely had my bad moments - primarily when I was young. I do think it takes practice (maybe not the best choice of words) to figure out exactly where your line is and unfortunately for the people who do hit black out stage - they usually end up living through some pretty embarrassing/awful moments before they figure it out.

Most of the time my friends didn't so much get pissed at me, but made fun of what a huge jackass I was - and that was embarrassment enough.

Don't worry Kyle - live and learn - this may not be your last bad drunk moment, but try to aim for it to be your last.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Actually that's why bad drunks are the way they are a lot of the time. Feeling looked down and cast out and made look like an ass is a fuel for anger.
I completely disagree. If anything, bad drunks are the majority, and I think the cause of being a bad drunk is the fact that nobody "taught them" how to drink and not act like a retard.

I've been able to drink freely since I was 15 years old. If I wanted beer or anything, and I had the money, all I had to do was ask. As a result, when I started college and on my 21st birthday, I had no desire to GO CRAZY YEAH REBEL AGAINST THE SYSTEM. I think that restriction that people face, usually until they leave the "shelter" of their guardians, is what causes bad drunks. At least more often than the fact that people look down on them.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #49 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -John- View Post
At the end of Shutter Island he is only pretending to still be crazy because he wants them to lobotomize him. you can tell because earlier on in the film he says that everyone of the "patients" on the island should be killed for their crimes and when he "discovers" the truth he cant live with himself knowing what he now knows
also the line "would you rather live a monster or die a hero?" at the very end kind of gave it away

(may not be the exact quote)
Old 10-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:

Are you being sarcastic?