Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you been offended by a facebook unfriending?
Yes 40 24.84%
No 121 75.16%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2010, 01:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1282: Reality Bites

"His pants were off, and he was lying on the floor."

Ryan Conner Comedy

Home | Sean Gabbert
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

I couldn't tell the two guys' voices apart, but the one who knew all about Teen Mom should be the new gossip Thursday guy! I love Patrice and miss her dearly but if she's not coming back, it sounds like this dude knows his pop culture!
Old 10-30-2010, 11:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

As a tv addict, I've got to say Teen Mom/16 and Pregnant are some of my favorite shows!

I agree with Chemda that it always seems weird that the girls act like they are poor on the show. I do wonder if Teen Mom has been turned into a fake "documentary" show ala the Hills, but the trust funds set aside for the kids is a plausible cause. The girls are also all over the weekly magazines with their "personal stories" (which are always just recaps of the show fyi) and I'm sure they are making money from those interviews.

Now here is my long-winded Teen Mom rant..

I find it a bit weird that Farrah will be complaining about not having enough money to make rent after being scammed on craigslist and the next episode she's getting hair extensions put in/going shopping/clubbing with that one Asian friend who agreed to be on camera. Also, she cried this entire season about her dead boyfriend and how she couldn't date another guy because she would only think about her dead bf yet last season she was out every single night with a new guy being a horrible example of a mother. If I was her mom, I would have slapped her too , she is a horrible, horrible person.

Maci is in college, living in Nashville on her own now. She has a "waitressing" job but she never seems to be extremely poor unlike the other moms. Now of course she could be receiving money from her parents and she had a better start and support system than some of the other girls, but she seems like she's completely independent of her folks. Did anyone else notice she got a huge tattoo on her back between season 1 and 2 that the show didn't address at all?

Caitlyn and Tyler are from a totally fucked up situation and I think its great that they were smart enough to put their kid up for adoption, but if they were getting all of the show money right away, wouldn't they move out of their parents house? Jezebel.com is setting up a college fund for them so they can get the fuck out of their parents house and go to school. Can they not pay for that themselves? They're also dumbasses not being able to graduate high school on time and not knowing they were a semester behind until the end of the school year.

Amber and Gary are so entertaining to watch. Gary is such a wuss (rumor is he's trying to get on The Biggest Loser so he's been packing on the pounds) and Amber is so violent, its a great combination! I agree that Gary was right not to want Amber's new boyfriend to change Leah's diapers, he just got out of jail! Amber is also a dumbass for not being able to pass the GED pre-test, much less the entire test. And wasn't Gary doing something in the medical field? Why isn't he working there anymore?

Anyone else obsessed with this show or is it just me?
Old 10-31-2010, 05:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

I posted this earlier this year...

I have too many Facebook friends!
by Keith Kritselis on Saturday, March 6, 2010 at 8:32am

As I look forward to the year ahead and all the E-Birthday cards and E-Holiday cards that I need to send, I get exhausted just thinking about it.

Calling all Sort-of Facebook Friends...

I don't have the heart to unfriend you, but you know who you are...

If I haven't responded to one of your posts, if we have not been in the same room in the last five years, if you have no real interest in me, my family, or my posts...

Please unfriend me.

I give you permission.

No hard feelings.

As a matter of fact, I'll probably respect you more than some of my real friends.

Have a great life!
Your .... whatever...
Keith Kritselis
Old 10-31-2010, 12:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

I will periodically go through my facebook friends and delete 10 or 12 at a time whom I no longer talk to or have no interest in talking to. People I shared a college class with, talked to for a semester, and never talked to again. People from high school who are on their third child in the 5 years since graduation and still making minimum wage, bitching about it the whole time. I don't say anything to them, and don't think I need to. If they notice I'm not their "friend" anymore, fuck 'em. I take the word "friend" much more seriously than others, I suppose.

Then again, I only actually go on that website once a week or so now. I just can't stand it anymore.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I sometimes go through my old hs classmates (most of them weren't even my friends, but apparently they just add everyone on the suggest list) and see what they're up to. Since I went to a magnet school, they're mostly doing interesting stuff, so no reason to unfriend. I've never noticed getting unfriended, so I don't know how I'd react, but I probably wouldn't care (and wouldn't even notice).
Old 10-31-2010, 01:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

great show, make these guys regulars!!!!!
Old 10-31-2010, 08:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Un-friending

My uncle and his wife (my ex-aunt?) recently divorced and I got kinda pissed when she un-friended me. That's the only time I know of that I've been deleted. Other than that, I go through every once in a while and delete the people I really haven't talked to in years. My friends are always shocked that I "only" have 130 Facebook friends.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I fully support Keith taking the piss out of whichever one of these guys was Irony Boy. Irony in that form is just witless passive aggressiveness masquerading as cool. It's pretendy creativity. And it's a chickenshit pre-emptive defensive move.

"I joined Twitter ironically and then made fun of hipster comics who write one-liners." If you joined Twitter ironically you're behaving like a hipster you fucking dipshit! Irony!

Fuck irony. It hasn't been interesting since some time in 1993, The Age Of Cobain. Ditch the safety net and own your shit. Be a fucking man about what you say/type/rap/tweet or shut the fuck up.

Rise. You're funny enough without the crutch.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:47 AM   #10 (permalink)

Dr. BF and I were just talking about the ugly dating site. We said that if we were single and into internet dating, we'd probably go on it. We reasoned that there would probably be some other people like us who aren't deformed, but who are fat or have an odd ear or whatever, which puts us out of the pretty category, but it's not like people point and stare.

We also reasoned that the ugly dating site would probably have more people who weren't all vain and surface with nothing real to offer a potential relationship. Because I'll fuck a pretty person (far be if for me to turn down sex), but if they're stupid, we're going to be hi/bye friends in public.