Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1279: The Bitch from Baltimore (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1279-bitch-baltimore-15726/)

Keith 10-26-2010 09:24 PM

1279: The Bitch from Baltimore

"Every time I fuck them mens, I give 'em the doggone claps."

Michael Khalili — Tap my brain, drink it up.

KYLE THOMPSON - Home

Skunk'd LT 10-26-2010 09:44 PM

Reality TV isn't reality at all.. It's all just one big evil scam..

DWarrior 10-27-2010 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skunk'd LT (Post 677893)
Reality TV isn't reality at all.. It's all just one big evil scam..

If it weren't real, they wouldn't be able to call it "reality"

Junkenstein 10-27-2010 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWarrior (Post 677935)

You just enetered one of the most dreary and soul shredding discussion ever D. I totally agree with you but get ready for gems like "No! Tv has shaped your conception of real so you mispewrceive what their shows as whast life really is!" and other intellectual babble.

funnygurl1979 10-27-2010 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkenstein (Post 677940)
You just enetered one of the most dreary and soul shredding discussion ever D. I totally agree with you but get ready for gems like "No! Tv has shaped your conception of real so you mispewrceive what their shows as whast life really is!" and other intellectual babble.

No! Tv has shaped your conception of real so you misperceive what their shows as what life really is! Kidding!!
I think some are the tards they're filmed as i.e. Jersey Shore, The Hogans.

DWarrior 10-27-2010 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkenstein (Post 677940)

To such daring scoundrels, I will answer simply that reality TV deals with culture, which is itself a phenomenon of human interaction/perception, and so the culture-perception link is not merely epistemic as it is with purely physical phenomena. Thus, our perception is the reality in some sense, and consequently so is reality TV.

I would leave it to my proponents to provide case studies, which would probably include Big Brother, The Real World, and Jersey Shore.

DWarrior 10-27-2010 06:41 AM

Also, someone needs to do a cover of those 30s songs. That's some amazing shit.

Blonde_Amazon 10-27-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWarrior (Post 677935)

Yet they have writers and with clever editing, can shape or change an argument or drama and milk it for ratings. How is that "real"?

Medium Brumski 10-27-2010 09:50 AM

I've watched the last couple seasons of The Real World, and it always seems to be just one or two big douches. I don't think the show is scripted, but they do put together a specific cast, they know what crazies they're putting in the house and those are the people that get remembered. The Jersey Shore is the next step, cause they finally figured they'd put 7 retards in a house, and they got gold.

And with the Sarah Palin show, I bet her people get final edit. I do find it weird that a presidential candidate hopeful (that's is still her plan, right?) would have any kind of show like this, but I guess Arnold opened the door.

John Galt 10-27-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWarrior (Post 677945)
Also, someone needs to do a cover of those 30s songs. That's some amazing shit.

yes!