Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is human praise meaningless if we are not following God's directives?
Yes 19 13.57%
No 121 86.43%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2010, 12:09 AM   #31 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
He mentioned that in the context of ACTUALLY performing the play it's fine. Just don't expect to not hit your head on a speaker just off stage.
Yeah, saying "Macbeth" is really, really, bad, but I've also heard just trying to put on the play itself is a cursed endeavor... but considering the number of people that do it year round it must be more of an annoyance curse, like you lose your car keys all the time or something...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:24 AM   #32 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

He performs Hamlet, not M-cbeth.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:33 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
He performs Hamlet, not M-cbeth.
Ah, motherfuck! I even watched the clips and everything....

And you can't even spell it out? Double fuck!
Old 10-30-2010, 07:19 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbane89 View Post
I did have one question Mike... Since Macbeth is completely cursed, often bringing horror and misfortune to all involved, by doing a one man production aren't you concentrating all of that horror and misfortune onto yourself? You are a brave man to laugh in the face of danger like that.

But semi more seriously, I've always kind of wondered the thought process that goes into doing a one man show. Especially something pretty ambitious like this... The cost? The difficulty?
Well, I'm doing a One Man Hamlet so it's not so cursed, thankfully. It is ambitious and could easily devolve into parody but I stay true to the story and the cost is rather low cuz it's just one dude running around. One man shows are usuallly the cheapest things to produce. You need a room and some lights usually, maybe a couple sound cues.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:21 AM   #35 (permalink)

Look at Keith, coming around on the curse idea. He musta stubbed his toe after the show or something. Thanks for watching, McBane!
Old 10-30-2010, 10:43 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by birch View Post
Well, I'm doing a One Man Hamlet so it's not so cursed, thankfully. It is ambitious and could easily devolve into parody but I stay true to the story and the cost is rather low cuz it's just one dude running around. One man shows are usuallly the cheapest things to produce. You need a room and some lights usually, maybe a couple sound cues.
No, seriously, sorry about that, got so preoccupied with the Macbeth stuff my brain substituted the two. I had the teacher shove the student into a closet, M-cbeth was on the brain.

But yeah, I've always been kind of curious about one man shows, because you don't have other actors to feed off of, and since it's just you up there it could easily devolve into parody as you said. I thought it was cool the way you used subtle things to differentiate the characters, especially the fathers ghost. I'm just sort of fascinated because I figured out pretty early acting was not for me, even in a full cast vein, and a one man show seems completely terrifying!

And how could Keith not believe in curses? Look how he can't get rid of Danny Lobel or Matt from the Jamhole... I'm thinking Little Baby Faggot was a powerful gypsy.

Last edited by mcbane89; 10-30-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:07 PM   #37 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Also, if you spell M-cbeth out completely, thespians can't throw it out.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:54 PM   #38 (permalink)

3-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by baristaman View Post
Wouldn't a 3-D podcast be in stereo?
After listening to this show is 3-D AND stereo, I don't think I can go on living in the real world.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:00 PM   #39 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I have the nerd-logic problem. It super interrupts my life and causes me to lose "friends". Does anyone have advice on how to cure nerdiness?
Old 10-31-2010, 10:10 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomesauce View Post
I have the nerd-logic problem. It super interrupts my life and causes me to lose "friends". Does anyone have advice on how to cure nerdiness?
I would start by not putting "friends" in quotes.

What is that supposed to mean?

Were they not really your friends?