Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What do your siblings exactly do for a living?
I’m able to tell you. 201 76.43%
I’m not really sure. 35 13.31%
I don’t have siblings. 27 10.27%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2010, 09:25 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Doug this souble name thing is weird, i'm feeling dizzy.
I'm trying to stop posting with the old account, I forget occasionally.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #12 (permalink)

can i vote yes if my sibling is a kid and goes to school, or would i have to know all of his classes?
Old 11-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

My brother is a furniture mover, but since that's a near-minimum wage job, I can only assume he does something (possibly illegal) on the side. So I voted I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansur View Post
Lloyd Braun! I recognized that name right away from Seinfeld. Larry David named the Lloyd Braun character after the real-life Lloyd Braun, who was David's lawyer and manager.

Same here, and the story was so crazy that I thought he was being pranked by somebody.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

Since it was mentioned in this show, when I heard about Keith Olbermann being dropped from MSNBC, I in turn dropped MSNBC.

MSNBC "anchors" are political and partisan, and nobody's doubting that. Olbermann prefaces every episode of his show with "all the news and commentary now on Countdown". You know what you're getting into. If you want straight laced no opinion news, that's what the NBC news shows are for (the first hour of Today, and Nightly News). That's as close as you'll get, anyway.

I've watched Keith and MSNBC for over 5 years, and the whole time I've seen the channel go downhill. I used to watch all the time (from Don Imus in the morning before school to daytime coverage when I got home and Olbermann's show at 8), but now I can hardly watch any of it. The daytime news is horrendous. They saw that other news networks made their coverage "poppy" and did the same in turn, which makes it unwatchable.

Keith was the only thing left that I enjoyed, and not because I counted on him to give an accurate and non-subjective account of the day's events, but because I treated his show more as a sort of informed entertainment. I watch his show, check his facts, make my own opinion about events. That's how all of these pundits should be treated, but unfortunately that's hardly ever the case.

While I can understand that he violated his contract and MSNBC had the grounds to let him go, my opinion of MSNBC and Phil Griffin (the guy in charge of NBC News -- Olbermann's boss) went straight down the shitter for having such a clause in his contract in the first place. Especially when other comparable pundits (basically everyone on Fox News all the way up to Murdoch and some of MSNBC's contributors) have done the same thing. Hell, MSNBC's current morning anchor, Joe Scarborough, is a former republican House representative, and frequent commentator Pat Buchanan worked for three republican presidents, and even ran for president a few times. If they don't show some political bias in "reporting" I don't know who does. But the suits in charge must think their views are okay, so no big deal, right?

Olbermann was literally the glue holding that channel together (the reason why many of the current anchors/guests like Rachel Maddow are there), and since he was suspended, I can only imagine their already shitty ratings will go down even further. I can guarantee with complete certainty they've gone down by at least one viewer.

And although I disagree with a lot of what Matt said on this issue, I do agree that public radio is the best source for unbiased news, even if many claim they still have a leftward slant.

Last edited by fluxquanta; 11-08-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I understand the controversy on Matt but i cant help but love his passion about stuff and how he stands on his issues even when it's super controversial.
Matt's very polarizing character indeed, like you I really enjoy matt's passion but I find his obstinance regarding other points of view a bit off putting.

I was thinking of modifying the drinking game to incorperate how the player feels about matt b.

Heres my list of classic Matt Bray Episodes:
- 1169: Rush
- 1090: How good was I?
- 928: How to Be Friends
- 821: Drill, Baby, Drill
- 801: I Blame You
- 742: Dream Warriors
- 709: Cavemen and the Girl
- 617: Bear and the Girl
- 528: Movie Monday
- 504: Very Excited!
- 436: Serious as a Heart Attack
- 418: Dating Practices
- 414: Awkward Silence is Always Golden
Old 11-06-2010, 11:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Daylight Saving Time keeps people from going insane if they have a 9-5 job (or something similar). You go to work when it's dark outside and then go home when it's dark, but at least when you change the time, you get more options to see some light outside or for your system to get used to it more quickly. The darkness could obviously affect mood, which would affect productivity.

Matt can be over the top sometimes. And is too much of a know-it-all for certain subjects, but it's the same thing Keith does. They don't really hear other points being said around them. At least they challenge each other. I do find it irritating when Keith generalizes about things he doesn't know much about or just assumes grandiose things after reading a few articles, even though he's hilarious while doing it (I'm on to you, Monsieur Malley...).
Old 11-07-2010, 12:06 AM   #17 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
Daylight Saving Time keeps people from going insane if they have a 9-5 job (or something similar). You go to work when it's dark outside and then go home when it's dark, but at least when you change the time, you get more options to see some light outside or for your system to get used to it more quickly. The darkness could obviously affect mood, which would affect productivity.
This is wrong. DST actually changes the time during the summer to conserve light in the evenings. If we didn't have DST, we'd have the time we're about to switch to (ie, you'd still see daylight in the morning).
Old 11-07-2010, 12:30 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
This is wrong. DST actually changes the time during the summer to conserve light in the evenings. If we didn't have DST, we'd have the time we're about to switch to (ie, you'd still see daylight in the morning).
You know what "thirteen" meant.

Besides, the whole system is only in place to benefit farmers, and nobody gives a shit about them anymore.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:38 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
You know what "thirteen" meant.

Besides, the whole system is only in place to benefit farmers, and nobody gives a shit about them anymore.
Wiki actually says the farmers hate it, because their hours are dictated by the sun, not a clock. It's actually for us city slickers who are inside all day burning our evening candles.

And I don't know what "thirteen" meant, he was making an argument for DST that isn't relevant to the way it's actually set up.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:15 AM   #20 (permalink)

I hope this most important DST discussion is resolved post haste. The outcome is of great significance to me.