Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What do your siblings exactly do for a living?
I’m able to tell you. 201 76.43%
I’m not really sure. 35 13.31%
I don’t have siblings. 27 10.27%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2010, 01:24 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
Wiki actually says the farmers hate it
Oh, you quoted Wikipedia. Case closed. I admit my defeat.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:47 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
You know what "thirteen" meant.

Besides, the whole system is only in place to benefit farmers, and nobody gives a shit about them anymore.
umm no.

its an office hours productivity thing, in general workers are more productive when its light outside. So companies like to orientate their schedules to correlate working hours to sunlight hours.

some places have it some places dont, theres a balance between how much productivity is lost with setting the clocks to different times compared with how much is saved with however much more sunlight is around.

Its more effective in colder climates with denser populations.

http://www.gyrohsr.com/news/daylight...ylight-robbery
Old 11-07-2010, 01:01 AM   #23 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Oh, you quoted Wikipedia. Case closed. I admit my defeat.
ok, Wikipedia is wrong. Farmers totally love DST because it means all their cattle wake up an hour later and morning dew evaporates based on DST, so they can sleep in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Culprit View Post
umm no.

its an office hours productivity thing, in general workers are more productive when its light outside. So companies like to orientate their schedules to correlate working hours to sunlight hours.

some places have it some places dont, theres a balance between how much productivity is lost with setting the clocks to different times compared with how much is saved with however much more sunlight is around.

Its more effective in colder climates with denser populations.

News | GyroHSR
And employers can always have different work times for different seasons. My father's job as summer hours during the summer. If there's no DST and an employer wants it, just use 9-5 winter and 8-4 summer.

But not having DST would mean not having to alter all the clocks, backup and transaction timestamps, etc.

Last edited by DWarrior; 11-07-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:23 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
ok, Wikipedia is wrong. Farmers totally love DST because it means all their cattle wake up an hour later and morning due evaporates based on DST, so they can sleep in.
Your an idiot and douche, DST helps farmers. Stop trusting facts off fucking wiki.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:25 AM   #25 (permalink)

Are you guys seriously trying to start up with me on this? Let me clarify my stance. You may be right, but I don't really give a fuck.

Last edited by fluxquanta; 11-07-2010 at 01:34 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:33 AM   #26 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I agree DST is a stupid thing to discuss.

Trannies:

There is another argument against letting gender reassigned competitors compete in their new gender. Athletes who are unable to rise to the top in their current gender group may end up undergoing gender reassignment just to compete for the top spots. This is a bigger concern for Olympics, where totalitarian states may force their competitors to undergo gender reassignment surgery against their will.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:11 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you guys seriously trying to start up with me on this? Let me clarify my stance. You may be right, but I don't really give a fuck.

"why cant i post things without people correcting me, don't they understand i dont care, its because i care so little that i posted in the first place.
Bitches need to understand how little i care.
....Meh "

indifferent flux is indifferent

(he's so moody and deep, that fluxquanta, caring is so conformist anyway, very meta)

Trannies:

D how much money would you need before you slept with a tranny? (post op, not obviously a dude)
My theory is this is the only half interesting bit of conversation anyone can have about transexuals

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 11-07-2010 at 02:22 AM. Reason: procrastinationationationationationation
Old 11-07-2010, 02:49 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitler View Post
Your an idiot and douche, DST helps farmers. Stop trusting facts off fucking wiki.
Pipe down Adolf. I killed you in mysterious circumstances once, I can do it again.

Also, it's "you're".

Quote:
... morning due evaporates based on DST ...
Dew.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:33 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
Pipe down Adolf. I killed you in mysterious circumstances once, I can do it again.

Also, it's "you're".
I applaud you for being such an exemplary Grammar Nazi, but English is not my native Tongue.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #30 (permalink)

I can't believe that there is actually an argument about daylight savings time in this thread, especially when it's so god damn easy to look up. If anyone is still wondering about DST and were too lazy to click the second google link after the wiki page - See here

I kind of agree with DWarrior about trannies. Remember the fucking Chinese 11-year-olds in the last summer games? Asshole countries would not be above reassigning gender to get a medal. The thing is, the Olympics have a history of doing humiliating sex tests on actual women. I think maybe three people have ever been stripped of their medals because of a failed sex test. It's a really hard issue to tackle because sex can often be ambiguous. The Olympics uses a system where they say that all factors are taken into account, but I call bullshit. What happens if you have female secondary sexual characteristics, have been raised as a female, identify as a female, but you have XXY for your sex chromosomes? Who makes the call on that? Where do you draw the line at "not female enough"? How about someone who is XY but is androgen insensitive and therefore developed as a woman?

I'm not advocating any stance, and I guess this is kind of a digression from trannies, but it's an interesting topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Culprit View Post
Trannies:

D how much money would you need before you slept with a tranny? (post op, not obviously a dude)
My theory is this is the only half interesting bit of conversation anyone can have about transexuals
I don't agree that a change in sex is only interesting in the context of how nasty it is to fuck, but I'll still answer the question. It totally depends on how much like a woman they have changed to and how messed up their "vagina" looks/feels. If the woman has weird pec-boobs or nasty orb-shaped implants, still kinda has a manly physique, and the sex hole is just a mysterious hole, you're looking at maybe $100,000. I don't think any amount of money could get me hard, though.