Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What do your siblings exactly do for a living?
I’m able to tell you. 201 76.43%
I’m not really sure. 35 13.31%
I don’t have siblings. 27 10.27%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #61 (permalink)

Laugh

Loved the show, I rarely take time to post something that isn't a news story on here but Matt's laugh drove me up the fucking wall

=(
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #62 (permalink)

Matt sucks, fuck him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bofadeeznizzles View Post
I really like Matt B. He's a good dude just trying to be thoughtful and get the world right. Even if he's not always right, I see that kind of good hearted earnestness as a fucking spring breeze.
Aggressiveness is not earnestness. He's not interested in getting it right, he's interested in being right, and that's as stale as it is irritating.

You even like him and you're talking about him like he's a puppy eating his own shit. Oh goodness, look at the poor dear, he's trying and is so earnest.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Matt sucks, fuck him.

Aggressiveness is not earnestness.
Earnestness: showing sincere and intense conviction. That is what I meant.
I like Matt because he's a nice guy that thinks. It's a rare combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
He's not interested in getting it right, he's interested in being right, and that's as stale as it is irritating.
Project much?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #64 (permalink)

I listen to the audio version of Rachel Maddow's show and I'm embarrassed that I do. I started listening to her on Air America, and I like her so much as a person/personality that I listen to her fake news show even when I know she's totally off base.

She says things on her show that are lies of omission all the time just to prove her agenda-driven point. I'm a liberal and we would probably vote exactly the same in every election, but I hate it when people bend the facts to make a point.

I actually think we should integrate the sports. Womens sports are boring and poorly attended. I say integrate and see what happens.

Of course, I hate sports anyway. male/female integrated sports would just mean half as much shit I don't care about in the world.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:21 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
I like her so much as a person/personality that I listen to her fake news show
------
She says things on her show that are lies of omission all the time just to prove her agenda-driven point. I'm a liberal and we would probably vote exactly the same in every election, but I hate it when people bend the facts to make a point.
After reading your post Im confused as to how you can still like her personality
Old 11-08-2010, 11:35 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
I listen to the audio version of Rachel Maddow's show and I'm embarrassed that I do. I started listening to her on Air America, and I like her so much as a person/personality that I listen to her fake news show even when I know she's totally off base.

I don't like her. Her attitude is a little too much when she tries making those points. Olbermann's a little easier to tolerate on that front.

And she'd still be on Air America if it weren't for him.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:53 PM   #67 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I actually think we should integrate the sports. Womens sports are boring and poorly attended. I say integrate and see what happens.

Of course, I hate sports anyway. male/female integrated sports would just mean half as much shit I don't care about in the world.
I'll spare the details, but the male/female athletics separation is done to make women competitive. As far as top-tier athletes go, men outperform women in everything I've looked at. For example, top women golfers who competed in men's events didn't finish anywhere near the top.

Note: I couldn't find data on horse racing, badminton, ping pong, and missed a ton of more obscure sports. I also ignored subjectively-scored sports (dancing, gymnastics, diving, figure skating, etc).

This also doesn't apply to recreational sports, where men and women are often combined and skill levels vary greatly.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:39 AM   #68 (permalink)

I gotta ask... why did Keith get so mad about me asking if he had asked his dad why did he make him dig holes? maybe he misunderstood me / I should have been more specific? I meant it as now that you're a grown up and he can't ground you anymore, maybe you might have asked him why did he punish you by digging holes instead of another form of punishment.
did I miss something? hit a nerve? or am I just an idiot for not getting it?
Old 11-09-2010, 12:55 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_lobo View Post
I gotta ask... why did Keith get so mad about me asking if he had asked his dad why did he make him dig holes? maybe he misunderstood me / I should have been more specific? I meant it as now that you're a grown up and he can't ground you anymore, maybe you might have asked him why did he punish you by digging holes instead of another form of punishment.
did I miss something? hit a nerve? or am I just an idiot for not getting it?
You should have just been clearer. It seemed to him (and to most listeners, probably) that you meant he should have asked when he was little. Like a kid who steals cookies before dinner and then gets "time out" asking his parents "why am I getting a time out?" Sounds dumb, and will probably get you more time. Or in Keith's case, more holes.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:00 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Culprit View Post
After reading your post Im confused as to how you can still like her personality
Yeah, I can see how you would get that. It's like Rachel Maddow is my more attractive crazy friend. She's so interesting and funny and I wish I could be half as quick-whitted and sassy as she is. So that when her crazy-fun turns into a random and careless disregard for the principals I hold dear in life, I forgive her because she's so much cooler than anyone else at school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
I don't like her. Her attitude is a little too much when she tries making those points. Olbermann's a little easier to tolerate on that front.
That's funny, the little I've watched Olberman (maybe I just caught him on bad nights) I feel the exact same way about him. He's just so cocksure. It bugs me in him, but I love it in Rachel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I'll spare the details, but the male/female athletics separation is done to make women competitive. As far as top-tier athletes go, men outperform women in everything I've looked at. For example, top women golfers who competed in men's events didn't finish anywhere near the top.
Maybe that's the extra incentive women need to not suck so much.