Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are Keith and Cat either engaged or married?
Yes 83 47.16%
No 93 52.84%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #31 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

no theres a slightly different sound but i noticed cause others pointed it out.

actually it sounds better.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkSuperhero View Post
Maybe it's just you? Show sounded just the same as usual to me. I listen on headphones on public transit (bus or subway); YMMV.
I listen on moderately expensive earbuds (~$100) in a very quiet environment. I would probably only notice because of that.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #33 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

:-)

Gretna Green is a village in the south of Scotland famous for runaway weddings. Gretna's famous "runaway marriages" began in 1753 when Lord Hardwicke's Marriage Act, was passed in England; it stated that if both parties to a marriage were not at least 21 years old, then parents had to consent to the marriage. This Act did not apply in Scotland, where it was possible for boys to marry at 14 and girls at 12 years old with or without parental consent (see Marriage in Scotland). Many elopers fled England, and the first Scottish village they encountered was Gretna Green.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #34 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tocksin View Post
I listen on moderately expensive earbuds (~$100) in a very quiet environment.
Me too.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:30 PM   #35 (permalink)

I agree completely with what Keith said about how some people wouldn't find Lauren's second "coming out" very shocking.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by banger316 View Post
Um seriously you can't see the difference between protesting a hate group and protesting at a funeral. It has more to do with showing support to the fallen, and that we will not let these people come into where we are grieving and let them fuck with us.
So you'd be protesting a hate group at a funeral?

If you knew the girl or the family and knew their wishes, and their wishes were to turn their child's funeral into a political symbol, and to have her grave be a battleground (some people would want that) then it's different. But as it stands, you're contributing to making a private family matter into a spectacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Huh. I always thought you were a latina.
Damn my inability to spell.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
I agree completely with what Keith said about how some people wouldn't find Lauren's second "coming out" very shocking.
That's because people frequently confuse sexual orientation and gender identity.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:01 PM   #38 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

in regards to the whole "kicked in the balls vs childbirth" classic fight

1) women keep having babies even though it is painful because it truly is rewarding at the end and there is also a chemical that goes to your brain to make you forget the pain (true story) AND your hormones take over after your baby is getting older to want more babies

2) guys that I have known that have had to pass a kidney stone say that it is much more painful than being kicked in the balls...and I've had to pass a kidney stone and have had babies and having babies is way more painful

3) yes, you can rub your dick raw and tear skin, but you can tear your vagina to a point where you need stitches in childbirth AND women sometimes get episiotomies where they cut the vagina bigger so the baby can fit and some women tear down to their arse hole

So, yeah, having babies is more painful than being kicked in the dick/ball region, even with the vomit reflex

Old 01-13-2011, 11:35 PM   #39 (permalink)

Any woman who experiences really bad menstrual cramps can related to the throwing up thing. And unlike ball pain, it doesn't start to ease up after a couple of hours. I've passed out before. Thank God I got the puke into the toilet beforehand.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:41 PM   #40 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You can't take pills ahead of time knowing that you'll later get kicked in the balls.