Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Keith and Chemda
stood up for themselves. 302 68.79%
were bullies. 137 31.21%
Voters: 439. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree1Likes

Old 02-19-2011, 09:59 PM   #21 (permalink)

Well darn. If this doesn't work out, it'll be a shame. I like Myka and I liked Spooky too. But I like Keith and the Girl more, and, let's be honest, they're in the right here. Without Keith and the Girl not many people on here would know who Myka Fox is — I know I wouldn't.

Hey, also, whatever happened to Spooky? WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM, KEITH AND CHEMDA?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:03 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeij View Post
My question would be why would you put your guest in that predicament in the first place. From now on Keith and Chemda control what comes out of peoples mouths on the show. Since when has this show ever censored anyone. Sure there are topics that are personal and are off limits but CR is her life at the moment.

Oh and thanks for the welcome, been on the forums for quite a while and never posted.

Myka alone doesn't solely represent Comical Radio, she is a co-host.

Its either one of the following:

- Either Myka is allowed to to plug comical radio in this manner and thus represents comical radio as a whole, which would mean she would have to take responsibility of what her co-host says and pull him into line.

or

- Myka is viewed as an independant entity from who co-hosts comical radio and isn't responsible for what a fellow co-host says and thereby can't make a plug on behalf of comical radio when another co-host has been highly disrespectful.

She can't have it both ways thats ridiculous. either she represents comical radio and is responsible for the sentiments expressed by her co-host OR she is an individual and shouldn't expect to be able to endorse the thing she's apart of but not responsible for when they've asked her not to.

As far as your sentiment that 'katg is an anything goes podcast, no one should ever be censored', the overall spirit of katg is entertainment from guests that they like and are they're friends. Not some Jerry Springer, Maury Povic bullshit. Because guests are on the show appear on a friendship basis, thus they should show respect and courtesy like human beings and not just expect to be on the show.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 02-19-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhatch View Post
Hey, also, whatever happened to Spooky? WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM, KEITH AND CHEMDA?
He left the country, for a girl presumably, and hasn't returned last I recall.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
He left the country, for a girl presumably, and hasn't returned last I recall.
yeah, the falling out was right around when those mel gibson rants came out, I can't remember which episode in particular though.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
I really wish the votes were set to public so I could see who's an idiot and who's not.
At least you know one.

Engage!
Old 02-19-2011, 10:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

For me, this is sort of about two things:

1. If Myka knew that she wasn't supposed to mention Comical Radio, and yet did it anyway. At the time it seemed like she genuinely didn't think it was a serious request but with all the additional backstory in this show, it's hard to say for sure.

2. Whether or not Keith and Chemda should have called her out for mentioning it on the show, or waited until the mics were off. It's the fact that the confrontation took place on air that has everyone up in arms calling them bullies. If they had let it go and ended the show as they were planning to, instead of having the last 10 or so minutes of show, we would be none the wiser. They could easily have done that and had the same outcome of Myka saying she didn't want to do KATG anymore.

Would you think Keith and Chemda are bullies if the confrontation didn't happen on air but had the same outcome, and we just heard about it later?
Old 02-19-2011, 10:30 PM   #27 (permalink)

I just think it's sad that Myka died before she and KATG could make up. RIP Myka. Godspeed.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:42 PM   #28 (permalink)

If Keith and Chemda really wanted to be bullies they would ban Myka from appearing at all because of her involvement with CR. Not allowing her to directly plug the show doesn't seem unreasonable. I don't know if it's effective or a good idea, but it's not unreasonable.

I really like Myka as a guest so I hope she decides to continue appearing on the show.

On another topic, Chemda is partially right when she says the computer, Watson, had an advantage on Jeopardy because it could buzz in quicker, but not like she thinks. On Jeopardy the buzzers are disabled until Trebec finishes reading the clue, which can take several seconds. Watson's advantage was that it almost always got to buzz in first if it thought it knew the answer because it could react to the buzzers being enabled so quickly. But that doesn't mean it can think faster than a human, or better. In practice rounds where the clue was very short (For example if the category was State Capitols and the clues were state names) Watson got creamed because the humans were able to buzz in almost immediately. Also, it still only gets about 80% of the answers correct while high level players like Ken Jennings probably know about 95% of the answers.

So while Watson was able to beat the best human players at Jeopardy, it did so not by being smarter or "thinking" faster, but with mediocre trivia answers and superhuman buzzer reflexes.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:50 PM   #29 (permalink)

thank you

i appreciate the effort that was made by k&c to explain what they are upset about on "stand up". they could have handled this situation in any number of ways, many of which would involve not giving more air time to a subject they hate. but, because they chose to discuss the history of the war and dl, i feel like i have a much better understanding of this dramatic scenario. it makes more sense to me now. it is their show. they set the rules. it isnt clear to me that myka fully understood those rules at the time of her indiscretion, but i think it is safe to say she is now fully aware. if fans don't like the rules then they should say so on the forum and/or stop listening. if guests dont like the rules they can also say so on the forum/not be a guest. thank you for "stand up". it saved me a lot of time going through the archives looking for info to fill the gaps in my katg knowledge. i still have every intention of going through the archives, but for more pleasant reasons .
Old 02-20-2011, 01:08 AM   #30 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Someone call BroLo and tell him to fix this shit.