Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What will come of Keith's Continental Airlines letter?
Good things 74 45.96%
No things 87 54.04%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #51 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by myq View Post
That's the thing. There's no guarantee that sacrificing your freedom WILL result in the other positive consequences you desire. And then you're sacrificing your freedom for nothing. Which you're allowed to do. But if the government MAKES you do it, that's bad.
I knwo thats the more decent thought and i still have some of it in me, but years and years of severe disappointments with the justice system and the moral fiber of the majortiy of people made me desire foir a more strict set of rules that cast out people that use consititutional rights to commit wrong things.

i believe in the idea of freedome, but im also so disgusted by how people abused it and, im afraid, will keep abusing it that i am believing more and more in the need for an inflexible world as the one keith often painted on the show.

it probably has to do with the fact that i'm a disappointed idealist. its like being a catholic and then go atheist, the believers seem so wrong at times, while i still can see some of their points.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #52 (permalink)

Thank you for six years!
Finally scraped enough money together to buy a Team KatG t-shirt. Can't wait.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:33 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Agreed. But how do we make there be fewer pedophiles?
That's the problem in a nutshell, buddy. A lot of pedophiles were molested as kids, so it's a circular problem. It would take a huge overhaul of how sexuality is dealt with at a societal level and I'm perfectly willing to admit that I have no fucking clue how to even start going about it.

When you bring in issues of art (depicting rape in a film) and spoken/written word (whether it be fiction or this guy's book) it does make things extremely complicated and I totally agree that there are free speech issues here.

It's too bad we can't take his book as a confession, because in it he describes how he went from being molested himself to molesting other kids. But my guess is the statute of limitations is long past on those crimes.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #54 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Now, I don't want there to be a lot of people that feel that way. But I don't want it to be illegal for people to feel that way, or say that they feel that way. Even though I imagine that the more people say things like that, the more they perpetuate the belief among like-minded folks, the more people might be convinced/enlisted to their way of thinking (especially when directed at young, innocent, impressionable types).
So why doesn't this apply to pedophiles? Giving them computer generated materials and the like shows them that other people need it like they do (as you said, they only make it because there is a demand) allowing them to feel more normal about it. Just as this show makes lots of people feel better about the seemingly weird things they are experiencing.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #55 (permalink)
Official KATG Fucktard Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
Can Lucas' silence rule be enforced during the show too? He's a one man laugh track.
Go fuck yourself. If something's funny, I'm gonna laugh. And Starscream was a little bitch who always ruined Megatron's plans. The Decepticons would have been better off without him.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #56 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poingjam View Post
Go fuck yourself. If something's funny, I'm gonna laugh. And Starscream was a little bitch who always ruined Megatron's plans. The Decepticons would have been better off without him.
Oh yeah? Well, poingjam was a... well, no one knows, as it is nonsense, but I assume it was lot like Salacious Crumb.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #57 (permalink)
Official KATG Fucktard Club

Quote:
Oh yeah? Well, poingjam was a... well, no one knows, as it is nonsense, but I assume it was lot like Salacious Crumb.
I'm telling Jabba on you.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #58 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

You're lucas, poingjam? cool.

agree on the fact that starscream was annoying and had a horrid voice but i guess it was done on purpose.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #59 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Does everyone believe the KKK has a right to exist? That they can say whatever they want?
No.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #60 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
So why doesn't this apply to pedophiles? Giving them computer generated materials and the like shows them that other people need it like they do (as you said, they only make it because there is a demand) allowing them to feel more normal about it. Just as this show makes lots of people feel better about the seemingly weird things they are experiencing.
Are we in disagreement? I can't tell.
I think it DOES apply to pedophiles, but I don't think everyone else does.
I really feel it is possible that allowing pedophiles to be more open about their feelings (but obviously not actions) could lead to more of them feeling less isolated, being more likely to seek support and help, etc., but that by just downright saying "wrong!" and paying no further attention to the issue, certainly doesn't help, and likely perpetuates the cycle.

And Keith, are you saying you don't think racists should have a right to express their racism? Or something different?
I think Chemda and I tried to address this issue on the show, but to clarify, you know that you use a lot of freedom of speech in your life/livelihood, yes? And that it could be viewed as hypocritical to champion your right to discuss who you hate but not afford that right to others?