Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should the desk rattler have been suspended?
Yes 17 17.17%
No 82 82.83%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Rattle on

When I was in high school we had a senior economics teacher that had this giant wooden mallet - if you fell asleep in his class he would slam the underside of your desk with it. I never ever fell asleep in his class and he was one of the best teachers I had in high school - which is saying a lot for one of the most boring subjects possible.

I'm all for rattling - these little self-entitled assholes need to learn respect. She should get fined for calling 911.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #12 (permalink)

I used to work as a framer in an art store. A woman came in once with a printout of a photo of a sculpted piece of art. It was all neutral, except for the neon orange and neon pink crayon that had just randomly been scribbled on top of the whole thing. It looked like a toddler did it. The thing was, she wanted a very formal, expensive frame job. I asked her carefully "Do you know the artist?" and she told me she BOUGHT this when she was visiting in france from an artist. This probably cost 50 cents to make and could be done by anything not in a coma, and she was spending $300 to frame it. I bet the price she actually paid for it is ridiculous as well.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
ha!

i think i heard some black comic use that line too. i guess it was a mom classic. mine made me believe that child services would get me in trouble cause they actually sent the kėds without parents to prison like foster homes.

well i was young and naive.
I think I'm going to start using that line...wow.

I voted yes on the poll because though I DO think kids are coddled, it is pretty obvious to teachers now a days what is ok and what isn't and teachers are becoming the social pariah and don't need more bad press right now.

And the chick from the Real Housewives of DC (the one that got on celebrity aprentice) is the one that broke into the big Washington Hill party a couple years ago and got all over the news. She is a BIATCH. Should make good tv.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Desk rattling= suspension?!?! I often agree with Chemda, but I just cannot get this one!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
Desk rattling= suspension?!?! I often agree with Chemda, but I just cannot get this one!
Suspension for teachers usually means with pay. So they are basically removing the teacher from the classroom until they can settle the matter. Since the police are involved it makes things a little more tense with lots of red tape.

Though now that the world seems to want to get rid of unions, the teacher is lucky not to be fired, that will probably be what happens in the future.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:20 AM   #16 (permalink)

Big Jim!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Man I don't get how people feel teachers are overpaid after reading articles like this. Teachers can't do shit to discipline a class room. These little spoiled assed kids are running around calling the police? Man our teachers had desks full of confiscated pagers.

And fuck these parents. We always blame the kids for being pussies but I blame the parents. I wish I would've called my mom and told her I called the cops cause I was SLEEPING in class and the teacher startled me. She would give me a whipping and then tell my dad and he'd come home and give me the same.

Meanwhile I bet this dumb motherfucker has a "C" at BEST in this class. At least it's 2011 and if John Cusack is correct the world is almost over anyways.

Last edited by rodimusprime; 03-17-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:41 PM   #18 (permalink)

I got everything from teachers, water, book slams, desk shaking, hand slams, one time a teacher tried to tape a jughead crown onto my head to make fun of me and since I was, you know...ASLEEP, i had no idea what was going on and threw my arm up to bat whatever it was away and accidentally popped her in the mouth, got suspended, that bitch deserved it.

Most teachers are fucking sociopaths who took the job that would let them exercise power over people and feel big about themselves. I'm glad Wisconsin is shutting down their union BS.

I ask whats wrong with sleeping (because I was usually done with my work or finished a test, i can kind of under stand it in a lecture) and I don't snore or anything and they're like

"Its disturbing too the class"

Well whats more disturbing asshole, taking time out of your busy day to humiliate me because you can't satisfy your wife in bed, or letting me sleep in the back of the class peacefully.

I had one teacher who if you fall asleep in her class you get detention (the kind where you leave the room for the rest of the period and go to something called the "control room") She didn't smack you across the face or ruin your clothing for the rest of the day with freezing water, or give everyone else a chance to laugh at you with something funny like slam or a book, she just wakes you up like your a human being who deserves some minimum of decency and gives you the slip.

Their is no reason to do this bullshit in the classroom. They do it because their dicks don't work or their husbands don't look them in the eyes when they fuck anymore.

Last edited by doctorsleep; 03-17-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Gotta love ya, Sleep. You're so fucking normal!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #20 (permalink)

I would like to submit Keith's impression of the lawyer talking to his wife about defending the shit fucker as potential material for Erik Skov's next animation. Fucking brilliant.