Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What kind of cake does Keith want?
Vanilla 22 15.71%
Chocolate 23 16.43%
Red Velvet 64 45.71%
Coconut 31 22.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post
I never knew that was suppose to be weird until some Lutheran gave me an earful in high school about how my religion was wrong. I didn't choose to be catholic, it was just the church my parents dragged me to during my formative years.
Have you ever been to a lutheran service ? They aren't any different from catholics except the pastor is normal and can have sex with a woman
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:24 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtballard View Post
Baptist don't dislike the catholics, they just know the idol worshiping child rapers are going to hell because they worship the saints and the virgin mother mary

You encapsulated their basic problems with the Catholics in one snarky sentence. Very good, my friend, and I mean that sincerely!

Lutherans and Baptists are different beasts, as well. (I grew up Lutheran but went to a fairly liberal denomination)
Old 03-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I spent the first 7 years of life as a catholic and the rest of my life surrounded by a very Irish and Italian catholic family. From 8 till 18 I was a good baptist in New England so I have a good view of both sides. Personally I shoot for atheism and consider religion a personal choice that can help or hurt you as much as you want
Old 03-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtballard View Post
Have you ever been to a lutheran service ? They aren't any different from catholics except the pastor is normal and can have sex with a woman
Yes, but I paid as much attention as I did during regular mass, which is zero. Lutherans pray to saints and stuff to? I could be mistaken, maybe it was a Baptist that gave me an earful. Either way I never really concerned myself with how this person's made-up system differed from another's, just leave me alone and let me drink my beer.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:17 PM   #25 (permalink)

It's always kind of funny when religious people fight each other over who's imaginary friend is better than the others.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I am not quite sure about the Baptists because we don't have them a lot in Germany but I think they are a more fundamentalist stream of the Protestants (aka Lutherans aka Evangelicals), right?

So them getting mad about their followers not paying and denying them communion is quite silly as Luthers main criticism and reason for splitting from the catholic church was that in the Middle Ages the catholic church gave "vouchers" for forgiveness of sins against cash -they needed money to build all the big cathedrals.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post
Yes, but I paid as much attention as I did during regular mass, which is zero. Lutherans pray to saints and stuff to? I could be mistaken, maybe it was a Baptist that gave me an earful. Either way I never really concerned myself with how this person's made-up system differed from another's, just leave me alone and let me drink my beer.

No, Lutherans don't deal with saints, and Mary is pretty much shoved into the background. Jesus is FAR more important. And like ssgtballard said, they consider Catholics to be idolators. They tend to be more fundamentalist, considering the Bible to be the inerrant Word of God rather than allegory. Although there are some that are more liberal, like my mother's church.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
It's always kind of funny when religious people fight each other over who's imaginary friend is better than the others.
HA!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #29 (permalink)

I never understood why Catholics put so much emphasis on Mary. As a kid I was like "isn't Jesus the one Christianity is supposed to be about"?
Old 03-22-2011, 09:16 PM   #30 (permalink)

John

It's funny when John goes on his over-simplified anti-government rants. He's not too well read, nor is that much of a theme with this show ever, excepting the comedy scene, but it's gold when Keith just lets him go, then asks about water cars. Lolz.