Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Chris Brown being treated unfairly?
Yes. These haters be hatin’. 4 3.67%
No. He should grow up. 105 96.33%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2011, 08:25 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisCarver View Post
True, but he cheated on his wife and tried to bribe her to stay with a diamond the size of Indiana.

Wow, his PR is really good because it was more than cheating. It was an alleged rape that lead to him buying his wife that diamond.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Wow, his PR is really good because it was more than cheating. It was an alleged rape that lead to him buying his wife that diamond.
His wife isn't famous. Neither was his accuser.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:54 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
The details of the case were really cloudy. The only thing confirmed was that Kobe cheated on his wife.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisCarver View Post
True, but he cheated on his wife and tried to bribe her to stay with a diamond the size of Indiana.
Well looks like the bribe worked
Old 03-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #15 (permalink)

I know that this is a weird question, but what are the ingredients of that Trigger Energy Drink?

It doesn't say on the site...
Old 03-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

Different Strokes

These TIA’s are more common than people think. They can occur to people as young as 12.

It happened to me this past January on the 14th. I wrote much of the following that morning, updated it during the day, and thought I'd post it to you as it explains what happened to me, and could happen to someone else.

I woke at 4:00 which I often do, got up, took my blood pressure medication, turned on my PC and checked my emails and did a few other things on the computer, such as listening to Question Time and the Archers broadcasts from the night before, download KATG for listening on the way to work and so on. After the Archers finished, at about 5:30, I stood up from the computer chair and immediately fell down onto the floor.

I had lost complete control of my right leg and right arm. I fortunately did not strike my head on the way down. I struggled across the floor to the bed; somehow I got into it by levering myself up with my left arm and leg, and lay on my back for about 10 minutes.

After this short period of time, I seemed to have regained control although my right side felt that the limbs were a bit heavier than normal.

I got up, moved about a bit to make sure I was steady on my feet, and after confirming I seemed to be OK, went to have a shower.

Before getting in, I looked in the mirror and noticed the right side of my body had a rash. The rash faded almost completely about 15 minutes after the shower and the heavy feeling lightened considerably.

It was just after 6:15 that I got dressed had breakfast and at 7:30 I started on my way to work. On the walk, I lost the feeling of heaviness, but I could feel the cold wind on the left side of my face better than on the right side of my face.

I got to work at 8:15.

I called the Doctors office at 8:30 to discuss what had happened and made an appointment for 9:50. At that time, the right side of my face felt a bit numb, but I have no other symptoms.

People who know me, may wonder why I wasn't panicking. For the past three years, I have occasionally found myself unexpectedly falling down, always to the right. I usually catch myself before actually falling to the ground, but it makes it difficult to exercise at times. I have also noticed that my right side seems to be weaker than my left side, and found myself unable to open jars or even open a child's seat belt with my right hand. I've been to the doctors about this, and have been examined, poked and prodded, had electrodes inserted into my skin, laid in a CT Scanner and been told they had no idea what was causing the problem.

I have continued having these turns, and honestly thought this was an escalation of that issue.

At 9:15 I left the office, in a taxi, went to the Surgery and after a while was seen by the doctor, who told me I seemed to have suffered a TMA (TIA in the US) or Transient ischemic attack Mini Stroke. I had all the symptoms, he said, including the red rash on my right side which was barely noticeable by that time. He gave me additional medication and told me to take things easy for the next few days.

I went back to work, passed everything over to others, and then with threats of violence by my concerned colleagues if I came back to work too soon got a lift back to the flat.

Since then, I've felt fine, and I've been resting. I even took a nap this afternoon.

Afterwards, I got referred to the stoke clinic, had a CT Scan of my head, an ultrasound of my neck to check the arteries supplying blood to the brain, and have had two 24 hour monitoring of my heart. The Doctors have explained they can be caused by faulty valves in the heart generating air bubbles in the blood, fat globules (a drop of fat in the blood), or blood clots. I was told to: lose weight but only at a pound a week (more will apparently put a strain on my heart), stop stressing, change my diet, never sleep without my sleep apnea machine and exercise more. And I wasn’t allowed to drive for a month. I was also told by letter that I had a 75% chance of another stroke in the first month. That pissed me off, the doctor in charge couldn’t tell me to my face, but by letter a week later.

It has now been almost two and a half months since the attack. I still have more appointments to attend and will be monitored for the next few years. I changed how I eat my food, large breakfasts, small lunches and tiny dinners. I have mostly fruit and vegetables. I have only lost 6 pounds so far, but I’ve gone from wearing 44 in waist band trousers to 40 inch ones.

I’ve met several young men and women, 17 to 19, who have had strokes in the past year. None of them were overweight at the time of their strokes. It can happen to anyone.

Last edited by whatotherway; 03-29-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #17 (permalink)

I'm most thrown by the fact you get up 3 1/2 hours before you need to leave for work.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:50 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post
I'm most thrown by the fact you get up 3 1/2 hours before you need to leave for work.
I have 4 alarms, because sometimes I will sleep until noon if I don't force myself awake with an alarm or something. Other days, I wake up hours before the alarm, and once awake, I can't fall back asleep. There is no sense laying there awake for hours. So I get up.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatotherway View Post
These TIA’s are more common than people think. They can occur to people as young as 12.
How old are you?
Old 03-29-2011, 10:50 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
How old are you?
I'm 57.