Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: The 8-year-old who got pepper-sprayed
He deserved it. 96 83.48%
It was unnecessary. 19 16.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2011, 09:00 AM   #11 (permalink)

Kid has clear behavioral issues that will only get worse, and from the interviews, it appears that the mother is in complete denial about it. "He's only 8!" Yeah, he's only 8 and he's already spitting on people, smashing shit up, and fashioning crude weapons to try and stab people. If this kid doesn't get professional help he's going to be beating crap out of her by the age of 14. This was the THIRD time the cops had been called because this kid was acting like a psycho. If his parents would finally take their heads out of their asses and get him some help, these outbursts wouldn't happen.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

My initial reaction was, "an 8 year old being pepper sprayed? What are they out of their minds?" But as the details come through, teachers running away, locking themselves out of the room, the kid threatening death, police being called in multiple times, etc., it changed my mind.

The kid had it coming. The cops were justified. Even the kid admitted it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
The kid had it coming. The cops were justified. Even the kid admitted it.
Yeah, that kid showed solid judgment before, so if he says it was justified, it must have been.

I know it sounds like a horrible, liberal, pussified world where we decide we just won't pepper-spray children, but sometimes you have to give up the things you hold dear.

An officers job is to protect & serve, & sometimes that means also protecting the little asshole w/ the wood trim in his hand.

Pepper spray & tasers have made it so cops don't have to do their jobs the proper way anymore.

Get this kid into counseling before he hits puberty & start getting these parents heads out of their asses.

I'm just saying, pepper-spraying a kid isn't going to make him suddenly revere authority. Handle the problem the right way, & get his & his parents' heads straight.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worst View Post
I know it sounds like a horrible, liberal, pussified world where we decide we just won't pepper-spray children, but sometimes you have to give up the things you hold dear.

No, it sounds like a horrible waste of police resources to be called to the same school over and over again because this kid's parents refuse to accept that he needs professional medical care.

And I AM a liberal. I disagreed with Keith when that kid was arrested for writing on her desk in marker.

The public reaction to this story is only fueling the fire as far as this kid's behavior is concerned. The lesson he's taking from this is that he is not required to face any consequences for his actions. This was a teaching moment for his parents to let him know that if he is aggressive and violent towards other people, the police will get involved. No, it shouldn't have gotten to this point. The police should not have had to come out there three times for this same kid. His parents need to get him professional help that goes beyond a simple special ed class, because he IS going to attack them at some point in the future if they don't.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worst View Post
I'm just saying, pepper-spraying a kid isn't going to make him suddenly revere authority. Handle the problem the right way, & get his & his parents' heads straight.
Great idea! When can you start?
Old 04-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
Great idea! When can you start?
Way ahead of you, buddy.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #17 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

"Just handle it the right way."

"How should we handle it?"

"The right way!"
Old 04-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #18 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
I'm guessing it was blocked in Germany not necessarily because of language used, but because of copyrights to the music - music company's block things all the time for shit like that.
there's lot of weird blockings on youtube, the copyright thing works differently in each country. they really dont care about the language, theres worst and more offensive there, but the label who owns the song love to block stuff. (sometime they force muting of the song track)

The pepper spraying of the kid was perfectly deserved. just a bit harsher than a slap, next time he'll learn to behave. only downside could be that his dipshit mother will probably use this thing for a lawsuit. especially with the child worshipping times we're in.

Lately i agree with keith even more than usual (prositution, the pedophile book). People should listen to his points more, sometimes a bit of toughness and less softheartedness is the solution.

ADD: there's 61 reported deaths from pepper spray. 61 is NOT "many".
Old 04-07-2011, 12:08 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post

He mentioned tasers in there too. They've killed over 300 people (just from 2001 to 2008), mainly because they hand them out to everyone with little training when even experts can't predict whose heart is going to react badly to it and blow up.

I know you're going to say that's also not many, and admittedly you have a much better chance to survive being tased than being shot. I just want police agencies to stop pretending that tasers are completely safe.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
The pepper spraying of the kid was perfectly deserved. just a bit harsher than a slap, next time he'll learn to behave. only downside could be that his dipshit mother will probably use this thing for a lawsuit. especially with the child worshipping times we're in.

Lately i agree with keith even more than usual .......

Hmmm I thought that Keith could easily take on two 8 year old kids who knew Karate by himself and a couple of old people... are you telling me that a few cops who are trained and have protective gear could not subdue an 8 year old (with out having to use pepper spray) who was trying to hit them with a sharp piece of wood trim:

{Police in Lakewood say they pepper-sprayed 8-year-old Aidan Elliott twice Feb. 22 at Glennon Heights Elementary School after he refused to drop a piece of wooden wall trim that he was trying to stab them with.

“I wanted to make something sharp, like if they came out, 'cause i was so mad at them,” the boy said on NBC's Today show. “I was going to try to whack them with it.”} - from thestar.com

A bit of toughness is a good thing, but so is a measured response... should he be tried as an adult too? Geez.