Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: The 8-year-old who got pepper-sprayed
He deserved it. 96 83.48%
It was unnecessary. 19 16.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
He mentioned tasers in there too. They've killed over 300 people (just from 2001 to 2008), mainly because they hand them out to everyone with little training when even experts can't predict whose heart is going to react badly to it and blow up.

I know you're going to say that's also not many, and admittedly you have a much better chance to survive being tased than being shot. I just want police agencies to stop pretending that tasers are completely safe.
Tasers arent safe i agree. Actually the idea of electric shock being "safe", even if its under a lethal limit, is a bit silly.

Still, they work. So im debated on this, the victims could be an acceptable causalty. Problem is you cant stop everyone with procedure and youcant shoot everyone, so whats the alternative?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki74 View Post
A bit of toughness is a good thing, but so is a measured response... should he be tried as an adult too? Geez.
well, actually, if he did something worse, i think he should. i'm not completely buying the "kids dont know what they're doing" thing.

an 8 year old is a little person. The cop couldve taken him down, but it wouldve caused even more trouble probably. Pepper spray hurts enough and doesn leave permanent bruises.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
"Just handle it the right way."

"How should we handle it?"

"The right way!"
I understand it is the comedian's way to sit back & quip instead of directly engaging in conversation, but all you have to do is ask what I thought would be a good alternative.

Also, any form of the dialouge you quoted never took place. No one ever asked me what my opinion of the correct way to deal w/ the situation was.

I don't understand how someone as smart as you, Keith, couldn't imagine a much better, safer way of dealing w/ things, just to see someone else's side of the argument & forego an attempt at a joke w/ no fact behind it.

If you'd like to know what my opinion is, I'd be happy to share it.

I just came into this thread to share an opinion, have a conversation, & talk to the KatG members, since I have been a long time listener, but never more than that. I didn't want to be a dick or get anything heated up too much.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:48 PM   #24 (permalink)

Man, thats Keith's way to amusingly say you're wrong. dont take that personally. If he thought you're a dick he wouldve told you so.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
well, actually, if he did something worse, i think he should. i'm not completely buying the "kids dont know what they're doing" thing.

an 8 year old is a little person. The cop couldve taken him down, but it wouldve caused even more trouble probably. Pepper spray hurts enough and doesn leave permanent bruises.
Sure the kid knew what he was doing.

I'd rather have cops pin me down then pepper spray me... that shit hurts real bad and is tough on the respiratory system... that’s why it’s used only AFTER cops are unable to physically restrain someone.

What long term bruising… 1 or 2 cops could have grabbed him without hurting him.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki74 View Post
What long term bruising… 1 or 2 cops could have grabbed him without hurting him.
i dunno. still it sounds to me like the kid was quite the little animal, so all he needed was a well placed SLAM. so he remembers.

although, maybe a classic faceslap or two wouldve worked just fine.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #27 (permalink)

The kid had it coming. He was being a dangerous, violent little shit. It's safer for the police to pepper spray him than wait for a lucky hit to blind one of them or otherwise incapacitate someone.

If they hadn't used pepper spray, they all would have jumped on him at once with their batons out and someone would have a broken bone and a lawsuit. Personally, I think they should have batoned the little bastard, but pepper spray is generally regarded as 'non-lethal' and a better alternative to a rightly deserved beating.

Child services might want to look into that mom. I'm no stranger to shitty parents, but a lot of 'denial' on a parents part isn't them wanting their kid to be normal so bad that they're willing to overlook shitty behavior. It's them knowing exactly why the kids like that and being so selfish or so spineless that they're not willing to report abuse to save their child.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #28 (permalink)

i love john so much
Old 04-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #29 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

First, love John F O'Donnell so much. So freaking funny even though he drives KATG nuts.

And I don't know about everyone else, but I really cracked up at the "My little zygot" joke.

As for the kid, I think he was LUCKY to have ONLY been pepper sprayed. Yeah it really, really, really burns, but what else were the police officers supposed to do if the kid had a freaking piece of jagged wood that he was trying to stab people with? They would have gotten more crap if they had tased or even put their hands on him to try and restrain him. The kid even admitted that he was trying to stab people. What else were they supposed to do? Talk him down? Throw a net on him? He was threatening people and had a weapon. Only way to 'take him' would be to use physical force and rather than do that, they used pepper spray to calm his psycho ass down.

I also bet that they did try everything else they could before they resorted to the pepper spray. Also, schools in general don't like having to call the police due to all of the possible negative press. Especially if they are a school that is supposed to be able to handle more difficult children.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #30 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post
First, love John F O'Donnell so much. So freaking funny even though he drives KATG nuts.

And I don't know about everyone else, but I really cracked up at the "My little zygot" joke.

As for the kid, I think he was LUCKY to have ONLY been pepper sprayed. Yeah it really, really, really burns, but what else were the police officers supposed to do if the kid had a freaking piece of jagged wood that he was trying to stab people with? They would have gotten more crap if they had tased or even put their hands on him to try and restrain him. The kid even admitted that he was trying to stab people. What else were they supposed to do? Talk him down? Throw a net on him? He was threatening people and had a weapon. Only way to 'take him' would be to use physical force and rather than do that, they used pepper spray to calm his psycho ass down.

I also bet that they did try everything else they could before they resorted to the pepper spray. Also, schools in general don't like having to call the police due to all of the possible negative press. Especially if they are a school that is supposed to be able to handle more difficult children.
Wow, I suppose I am the only one who knows that an 8yr old (even with a sharp stick) is no match for a grown man with self defence training....

Unless I missed the part that this was a 6'5" 200 lbs 8 year old Kung-Fu Master who was also fuled by cocaine?

I suppose he WAS lucky to only get pepper sprayed... they could have shot him in the face.