Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 09-15-2005, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

137: Keith, Interrupted

"We're broken up. Unless you guys write enough so that we should care."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 05:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

I think y'all crossed the line on this one. This is nuts. You opened up a can now.

Those calls will definitely come back to you. You may have just put your own show on "blast". May work out good for you guys, press is press. Besides, if they sue what will they get? your cotton candy machine, the trampoline? balls to the wall, way to go keith.
props to patrice on the phone # hook ups. it's on now.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
mef

katg show is (regularly) great.

today: MostBoringShowEver. (well, 'Proud to be American'... point taken).

Remember the joke Keith played a few weeks ago, recording the girly conversation before Gossip Thursday started? Felt like that, but instead of 30 seconds, it dragged on for the whole damned hour. Not sure what exactly it is that made it different (so incredibly much lamer) than normal Gossip Thursday but it was. Even Keith sounded bored and trapped most of the show, and I totally sympathized... I hadn't recorded anything else for the morning commute, so felt a bit trapped myself.

(If it's any consolation, you were still obviously more interesting than listening to the crazy lady snoring across from me. I kept listening. Actually, I take that back. It wasn't really more interesting than her, it's just that I kept hoping you'd turn that corner and be back on. Her, I pretty much thought she'd gotten as interesting as she was going to get.)

not sure about the phone calls. if anybody'd answered they could've worked out. good luck with your lawsuits.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

RRaye

I want to slide up behind RRaye when she is bent over getting something out of the Bottom drawer of the refridgerator. Yank those tight pants down, pour some EVOO down the crack of her ass, force her to hold onto the shelfs in the fridge, while I take her from behind. With her hot ass in the air and her head in the fridge I try to finish in 30 min.. Just before I finish I turn her around and make her suck me off. He mouth will be cold from being in the fridge, and her cold chin will make my balls quiver.

I call it the Coringware, because it goes from Hot to Cold.

Anyone want to come over and cook dinner?
Old 09-16-2005, 09:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

Well, to each his (or her) own, I guess. Personally, I found Gossip Thursday refreshingly fluffy as always. Patrice delivered the goods as usual, especially with her phone number scoops (btw, how can you get sued for calling a publicly available number? what bizarre laws do you guys have over there? :wink: ). And I love her wicked little barbs and digs. As for Chemda, she was pleasingly over the top with her musical interludes. Please tell me what drug(s) you were on Chemda: gotta get me summa those. Keith plays the straight man on Thursdays (both in the comedic and sexual-orientation senses of the expression), and does it well. Your fellow males feel your pain, Keith my man.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

Re: RRaye

Now how the hell am I supposed to enjoy my tomato & mozzarella salad with EVOO and balsamic vinegar this evening?? Thanks for the indigestion, MichaelG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
I want to slide up behind RRaye when she is bent over getting something out of the Bottom drawer of the refridgerator. Yank those tight pants down, pour some EVOO down the crack of her ass, force her to hold onto the shelfs in the fridge, while I take her from behind. With her hot ass in the air and her head in the fridge I try to finish in 30 min.. Just before I finish I turn her around and make her suck me off. He mouth will be cold from being in the fridge, and her cold chin will make my balls quiver.

I call it the Coringware, because it goes from Hot to Cold.

Anyone want to come over and cook dinner?
Old 09-16-2005, 10:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
mef

Well, who knows. If i'm wrong, i'm wrong. If people enjoyed it, that's great. I like Gossip Thursdays, too, appreciate the straight-man schtick, have no complaints really. Just was sitting on the bus today thinking boredboredbored. Might be resentment at not having any clue who 80% of the celebrities mentioned were, or maybe just at having to go to work. If i had to say what bugged me I'd be hard pressed to put my finger on it. When K taped that 'girl talk' intro a ways back I was trying to put my finger on what was different in the before-show surreptitiously taped bit from the actual gossip talk and i couldn't precisely say, but the before-talk felt just-between-them and the show talk felt a bit more inclusive of listeners. Most of today felt more like the first way, and less like the second. imho.

Still grateful for an excellent show. (And I realized i'm spending more hours listening to katg than any other show on tv or radio, and have for months now. If anything, I'm bordering on as many hours a week katg as all other shows combined.) I wonder if, thinking about the number of people doing that, they find that odd. or shocking. or frightening. (or irritating, seeing as how they don't seem to be getting paid.)

If I wasn't so definitely not anybody's target demographic, I'd say the advertisers are sure to come. (How much is a compulsive listener worth?)
Old 09-16-2005, 10:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

i agree with you mef, yesterday's show was bleh. I love you guys to death, don't get me wrong, but the show was just annoying yesterday. listening to chemda go on and on and on and on about this rachael raye was just annoying as hell. the show had it's moments, as all do, but overall i would say it is well below katg quality.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:35 AM   #9 (permalink)

The daughter of the atheist is NOT an atheist. So he is sueing for his OWN good, and not hers.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:25 AM   #10 (permalink)

The thing is with that dad sueing on behalf of his daughter...The mother is a Christian (they are divorced), so it is putting this poor little girl in the middle of her parents trying to prove the existance of God. The kid is doomed...Let's see - will she be an alcoholic, a crack head, or just a confused whore who fucks the entire frat house to escape the reality that is her life?

And I found this amazing...Did you know that the 'under God' portion of the pledge was just added in 1954???!!!! First of all - the whole pledge of allegiance was thought up by a company who was selling flags (gotta love America!) but the original pledge just said "I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all".

The reason we added the 'under God' part was the fucking Catholics thought we should distinguish ourselves from the Soviet Union (which was officially atheist). So I guess this public distinction was so very important that we were comfortable saying "Fuck the separation of Church and State". What is so amazing is that no one ever talks about the fact that this addition is only 50 years old. It does not seem that anyone under the age of 50 even knows this. Oddly enough I did not hear this from an American. Someone from India informed me just after 9/11. I looked it up and sure enough, they were right .